Start by marking “Four Decades of Magic” as Want to Read:
Four Decades of Magic

Four Decades of Magic

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  57 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Over the last four decades, the Walt Disney World Resort has created magical memories for millions of guests. From its early days as a single theme park with a handful of resorts and amenities to its current roster of multiple theme parks, water parks, resorts, and other vacation destinations, Disney World has, in many ways, defined the Great American vacation. In honor of ...more
Published January 6th 2011 by Ayefour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Four Decades of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Decades of Magic

Josh McConnell
A fantastic collection of essays about Walt Disney World. The average Disney fan will learn plenty from this lengthy book, meanwhile even the diehards will find new bits of information laced throughout its various topics.

My only complaint is that the book could have used a little more proof reading. Though not bad as a whole with a few errors here and there, the first twoessays by Tom Corless are filled with typos. It was almost laughable.

But don't let that stop you from reading this book. Four
Daniel Butcher
This is a very nice collection of essays on WDW history with great variety from a group of contributors that are very knowledgable about the first forty years of WDW.
Brian
As a lover of all things Disney,I tend to gravitate towards books written about Disney. I saw this book listed on Amazon after one of my periodic searches for new books and decided that I had to get it! There aren't a huge amount of books out there that contain a detailed history of the theme parks, and the best part is that I've interacted with some of the authors!

The book is divided into essays, each having a specific topic. These range from essays about the history of the parades in Magic Kin
Melissa
Loved all the inside info about Disney past! The short essays ,are it an easier read than just a large book of historical facts. Love to find out the deep history that the Disney parks hold. Makes me appreciate it more and look of ore at the parks.
Rachel
I like the stories in this book, but they just weren't enough to hold my attention right now. I've got too many other pressing things to read. I'm planning on going back and finishing the book during a less busy reading time.
Paul
Great collection of stories about the hsitory of WDW. Like any anthology, some stories are better thaqn others, but I dare you to get through this book without learning somehting new and interesting about the World!
Jeff Heimbuch
Great collection of essays about the 40 year history of WDW by some of today's top bloggers. Some were better than others, obviously, but a great variety of subjects thrown in there.
Casey
I enjoyed this book but felt as a Walt Disney World fanatic I already knew a lot that was written. I really enjoyed the stories and information that was new to me.
Jed
Nov 01, 2011 Jed added it
An enjoyable read, refreshing memories of rides and attractions of years past. A must for any Disney fan.
Renee
Renee added it
Feb 28, 2015
Valerie Fairweather
Valerie Fairweather marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Milo
Milo marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Renee
Renee added it
Jul 06, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
PHILIP A DELUCCIA
PHILIP A DELUCCIA marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Four Decades of Magic: Celebrating the First Forty Years of Disney World The SmartCode Solution to Sprawl The Drought Part One