Start by marking “Four Decades of Magic” as Want to Read:
Four Decades of Magic

Four Decades of Magic

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Over the last four decades, the Walt Disney World Resort has created magical memories for millions of guests. From its early days as a single theme park with a handful of resorts and amenities to its current roster of multiple theme parks, water parks, resorts, and other vacation destinations, Disney World has, in many ways, defined the Great American vacation. In honor of ...more
Published January 6th 2011 by Ayefour Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Four Decades of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four Decades of Magic

Josh McConnell
Jul 19, 2011 Josh McConnell rated it really liked it
Shelves: disney
A fantastic collection of essays about Walt Disney World. The average Disney fan will learn plenty from this lengthy book, meanwhile even the diehards will find new bits of information laced throughout its various topics.

My only complaint is that the book could have used a little more proof reading. Though not bad as a whole with a few errors here and there, the first twoessays by Tom Corless are filled with typos. It was almost laughable.

But don't let that stop you from reading this book. Four
Daniel Butcher
Mar 24, 2011 Daniel Butcher rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney-history
This is a very nice collection of essays on WDW history with great variety from a group of contributors that are very knowledgable about the first forty years of WDW.
Brian
Feb 25, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
As a lover of all things Disney,I tend to gravitate towards books written about Disney. I saw this book listed on Amazon after one of my periodic searches for new books and decided that I had to get it! There aren't a huge amount of books out there that contain a detailed history of the theme parks, and the best part is that I've interacted with some of the authors!

The book is divided into essays, each having a specific topic. These range from essays about the history of the parades in Magic Kin
Melissa
Aug 04, 2013 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: disney
Loved all the inside info about Disney past! The short essays ,are it an easier read than just a large book of historical facts. Love to find out the deep history that the Disney parks hold. Makes me appreciate it more and look of ore at the parks.
Rachel
Oct 28, 2012 Rachel rated it liked it
I like the stories in this book, but they just weren't enough to hold my attention right now. I've got too many other pressing things to read. I'm planning on going back and finishing the book during a less busy reading time.
Paul
Jul 24, 2011 Paul rated it really liked it
Great collection of stories about the hsitory of WDW. Like any anthology, some stories are better thaqn others, but I dare you to get through this book without learning somehting new and interesting about the World!
Jeff Heimbuch
Jul 07, 2011 Jeff Heimbuch rated it really liked it
Great collection of essays about the 40 year history of WDW by some of today's top bloggers. Some were better than others, obviously, but a great variety of subjects thrown in there.
Casey
Feb 08, 2012 Casey rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book but felt as a Walt Disney World fanatic I already knew a lot that was written. I really enjoyed the stories and information that was new to me.
Jed
Nov 01, 2011 Jed added it
An enjoyable read, refreshing memories of rides and attractions of years past. A must for any Disney fan.
Kevin Hollywood
Kevin Hollywood is currently reading it
Jun 12, 2016
Laura Camp
Laura Camp marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2016
Adam Morel
Adam Morel marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Chloe
Chloe rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
John
John rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Antonela Vattiato
Antonela Vattiato marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Amanda Hersh
Amanda Hersh marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Joanna Fantozzi
Joanna Fantozzi rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2015
Abigail Earle
Abigail Earle marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
Benjamin Lytle
Benjamin Lytle rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2015
John Parr
John Parr rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Laura TAchna
Laura TAchna marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2015
Renee
Renee added it
Feb 28, 2015
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
Jun 29, 2015
Valerie Fairweather
Valerie Fairweather marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Kristyn
Kristyn marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Zach
Zach rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014