Start by marking “Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin” as Want to Read:
Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin

Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin (Pinkalicious)

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  105 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Pinkalicious is on a search to find a pink pumpkin in this pinkerrific new lift-the-flap book! With thirteen flaps that open to reveal hidden surprises on every page, Pinkalicious fans will be perfectly pleased!
Unknown Binding, 16 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by HarperFestival

To ask other readers questions about Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin

Pumpkin Soup by Helen CooperHow Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? by Margaret McNamaraPumpkin Jack by Will HubbellToo Many Pumpkins by Linda WhiteThe Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything by Linda Williams
Picture Books About Pumpkins
25th out of 100 books — 10 voters
The Luxe by Anna GodbersenParanormalcy by Kiersten WhiteEverlasting by Alyson NoelFriend or Fae by Hannah BlatchfordStarcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Dressed in Pink
17th out of 159 books — 13 voters

More lists with this book...

Modboy
Nov 23, 2012 Modboy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Pre-schoolers obsessed w/pink.
Recommended to Modboy by: Park Slope Library
This book seems to just reinforce gender stereotypes. Why does everything need to be pink in order for Pinkalicious to be the least bit interested? Need we ask -- it's just her thing. Pinkalicious: Tickled Pink was a much better read. Maybe it's because the lift-the-flap format is meant for younger children while Tickled Pink had a more mature scenario. The writing is sugary sweet and despite all the pinkness the character is a strong girl.
Sarah Sammis
May 27, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sarah by: my daughter
Pinkalicious and the Pink Pumpkin by Victoria Kann is a Lift-the-Flap addition to the Pinkalicious series of books. Pinkalicious and her family are searching for the perfect pumpkins as Halloween is around the corner.

Pinkalicious, having heard of the Pink Pumpkin Patch decides that's the place to go. She goes expecting a field of pink pumpkins and is disappointed to find orange pumpkins grown by a man with the surname Pink. Undaunted, she searches high and low for a truly pink pumpkin.

My daughte
Dolly
Nov 12, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
I must admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Pinkalicious, but our first grader loves her. So, I dutifully read these books. This is a Fall-themed story that is perfect to read around Halloween, especially before or after a trip to a pumpkin patch. Both of our girls liked the lift-the-flap feature of the book, and I'm glad that my third grader seemed to like the story (at least a little.)

I can't help but feel that pinkalicious is a bit bratty, but overall, this is a fun story. Our youngest help
Sandybear76
First graders seemed to giggle more with this book than the other book I paired with it, which was Otto the boy who loved cars. Pinkalicious and her family are at the local pumpkin patch and Pinkalicious is searching for Mr. Pink's pink pumpkin. The book's flaps were a hit with the students as I read the book.
Ashley Allen
I would not really consider reading this book to my class. It is completly based off the color pink and promotes gender biases. I would read this book at home to my children because she does explore and look for something she wants, and does not give up.
Sweet's Family Bookshelves
We love Pinkalicious. In this story she is going to Mr. Pink's Pumpkin patch. So of course she wants a pink pumpkin. She searches through the whole farm looking for the pink pumpkin. I can just see my daughter wanting a pink pumpkin.
Tricia
While not the best book for library circulation (lift the flaps) or group readalouds (tiny text and format), this title showing Pink's trip to the pumpkin patch will be swooned over by little girls who are fans of Pinkalicious.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Pinkalicious took a little warming up to for me. However, now that I have read several, I do find them entertaining. Plus, my daughter loves Pinkalicious and her independent and unique spirit!
Holly Letson
So cute. Pinkalicious is searching for the perfect pumpkin. And, we all know that that means it must be pink!
Lisa
By far one of our favorites from the Pinkalicious series!
David
David added it
Dec 24, 2014
Meghan Wilson
Meghan Wilson marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Crabbypatti Mikol
Crabbypatti Mikol marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Stacey
Stacey added it
Dec 14, 2014
Bre
Bre marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Kay
Kay added it
Sep 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Victoria Kann is the award-winning illustrator and author of the picture book series featuring the whimsical and effervescent character Pinkalicious. Victoria coauthored and illustrated the first two books, Pinkalicious and Purplicious. In addition, she cowrote Pinkalicious: The Musical and wrote and illustrated the #1 New York Times bestsellers Goldilicious and Silverlicious. Currently she is wor ...more
More about Victoria Kann...
Pinkalicious Purplicious Goldilicious Silverlicious Pinkalicious: School Rules!