HTML, XHTML and CSS for Dummies

HTML, XHTML and CSS for Dummies

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The indispensable introductory reference guide to HTML, XHTML and CSSEven though new technologies enable people to do much more with the Web, in the end HTML, XHTML and CSS are still at the root of any Web site. The newest edition of this bestselling guide is fully updated and revised for the latest technology changes to the field, including HTML5 and CSS3. Illustrated in...more
Published December 9th 2010 by For Dummies (first published January 1st 2008)

Chad Warner
I can’t recommend this book; there are several that do are better for introductory HTML and CSS. It’s quite broad, covering many Web technologies, but it’s not very deep. It focuses on HTML and CSS, but also touches on scripting and CMSs. It’s easy to read and full of colorful code snippets and examples, and it’s up-to-date (published 2011). My favorite chapters were those on mobile web design, HTML5, and CSS3. I also liked the many recommendations for useful sites, tools, and resources.

A better...more
Arjun
This book in the cover says "HTML,XHTML & CSS for dummies". A stereotype for books is that they are old and useless. The reason that the cover says "HTML,XHTML & CSS for dummies" without specifying the type is because this book was released right before when HTML 5 and CSS 3 were to be released. This book really only covers HTML 4 and CSS 2. It doesn't even go in depth that just covering the main basics of the huge language. It covers multiple ways for user input, blocks, links in HTML....more
Becky Johnson
The book is written from the stand point that you already have a basic understanding of how to use a computer and surf the internet. Very early on I learned that I really didn’t know that much about web development, such as what the acronyms URL, HTML and CSS stand for. In Part I: Getting to Know (X)HMTL and CSS, I became a bit too excited and ambitious. It was like learning a new language and the possibilities with web design became endless.

HTML, XHTML & CSS for Dummies covers topics such a...more
Linda
This book made me even more thankful for Wordpress. I was looking to get a basic understanding of HTML and CSS, and the authors delivered that and more. Now I have some clue when I look at the "text" tab on my Wordpress website. I made note of the book's website address and some of the sources so I learn more later.
Jenny
Good for beginning-intermediate web site builders. The best thing I took from this are the sample templates and the useful links. Other than that, there was nothing new that I didn't know already.
Ted
Seems like a prety good reference book. If only one could use all these nifty things in a GoodReads review, it would be pretty cool.
Libero
This book was actually a helpful introduction to HTML for a computer-competent newbie. I would recommend it.
Catherine
Aug 29, 2011 Catherine is currently reading it
So far I'm on page 5. I'm going to learn these skills or get really good trying.
Trey
A little dry and outdated, but a nice intro to HTML.
Ruthie Jones
A great reference book.
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Jun 26, 2014
Feora
Feora added it
Jul 17, 2014
Mariana Valente
Mariana Valente marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Bryan De
Bryan De marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Mathilde
Mathilde marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Gnanaraj
Gnanaraj marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Ravy
Ravy marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Anugrah
Anugrah is currently reading it
Feb 13, 2014
Sophia Materi
Sophia Materi marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Liz Rayner
Liz Rayner marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Peter
Peter is currently reading it
Apr 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
HTML 4 for Dummies Xml For Dummies Windows Server 2008 for Dummies McSa/MCSE 70-270 Exam Prep 2: Windows XP Professional HTML for Dummies [With Contains HTML Transit, Htmled Pro 2.0, BBEdit...]