Start by marking “Sloane Sisters” as Want to Read:
Sloane Sisters

Sloane Sisters (Sloane Sisters #1)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  622 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Style. Sabotage. Sisterhood.

When Cate and Andie Sloane's Upper East Side dad met Stella and Lola Childs's British-model mom, nobody thought a transatlantic relationship would last. But then their parents drop the M-bomb—marriage—and it looks like Cate, Andie, Stella, and Lola are going to be one big happy family. Well, big anyway. Meet:

Cate Sloane: She dominates the ninth
Published April 28th 2009 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Sloane Sisters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sloane Sisters

Shelly
This book was, in a word, FUN! I was in a sort of reading slump, not being able to finish but 1 book in the last 2 weeks. I've picked up a lot of books, but nothing has really held my attention. So, last night I went to my TBR pile, and pulled out the first book that caught my eye. Thank God for the Sloane Sisters!

It is a typical, blending of families book, where the children, forced to be siblings, try hard to hate each other. It's life today. Mom and dad get divorced, mom/dad meets someone new
Kristi
Sloane Sisters was such a cute book! I’ve been off the bandwagon when it comes to novels the likes of Gossip Girl, The Clique and books that are known for their catty drama! But I’ve recently started reading the new GG series and I must admit I am a fan. However, this series is geared more toward the younger set, like GG for your little sister, and I’ve attempted to read a series similar, The Ashleys... and I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t even finish the book. So, I was initially skeptical when I f ...more
Trisha W.
Nov 03, 2009 Trisha W. rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Tweens, Adults
Shelves: my-books, read2009
This was a really great tween book. It had just enough drama and girl fights to really make the book good. I did have a problem with keeping the girls straight for some reason. About half way through the book I did finally keep Cate and Stella seperated and figure out who they were. But even after finishing the book I am still having a hard time remembering Andie and Lola's characters. I think it is because all of the girls are so much alike. Cate and Stella are the fashion divas and want to be ...more
Stephanie
Sloane Sisters was like a Clique-wannabe. Geared more towards the Middle Grade then YA.

What I liked best about this book and the upcoming series are the catfights. Who doesn’t love a good catfight? I liked the competition and the heated arguments between Stella and Cate. Like the Clique series, they bounce between the words “friends” and “enemies”.

Andie and Lola, both cast off from their older siblings, are girls that I sympathize with. Seriously. They did absolutely nothing wrong yet their olde
Kate
This book is a combination of Gossip Girl + The Clique + The Ashleys. Frankly speaking, I loved it more than The Clique. Sure, three years ago The Clique was my fave books but now Massie and the constant fighting among the girls is getting annoying.

There are designer brands on almost every page, from Marc Jacobs to Diane von Furstenberg to Prada. If you are not a materialistic person, you probably would not like the book as much because there are so many designer names. I personally enjoy readin
Nini Baby
Jan 30, 2012 Nini Baby rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls
Recommended to Nini by: a friend
Shelves: favorites
Jeannine K.
January 29, 2012
January Book Review

Sloane Sisters by Anne Carey

The main characters in my book are the four girls, Cate, Andie, Stella, and Lola Sloane are the main characters. Cate and Stella are the two older ones. They are the same age and are both stuck up They are mean, they feel like they are the best they both have lots in common that’s why they are always together. Andie and Lola are the two younger ones they are also the same age. They are both sweet and quiet.

The protagonists
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

"Here's a story, of a lovely lady"... Okay, well maybe this isn't really The Brady Bunch. Although a man, Winston Sloane, does meet a woman, Emma Childs, and they do fall in love. Each has two daughters of their own, and in this over-privileged world, thus begins the war to become the Alpha girl.

Meet Cate Sloane, the alpha at home and at school. Cute clothes, cute hair, basically a cute style, there is no reason that she wouldn
Shweta
I was totally surprised by how much I liked this book. To tell you the truth I had made up my mind not to like it when I first began. My thoughts were , it's full of kids who are so brand conscious and have nothing else to do but worry about their Prada , Blahaniks and Marc Jacobs.And they are just in early teens.

In a way this book is full of brand names but I loved it. It was a fast paced book about these four girls who have been put together and need to learn to be a family , or at least give
Jaiden emerson
Sloane Sisters
By: Anne Carie

The Sloane Sisters is about 3 girls who mom died in a car accident while they were young. The dad maries a fashion designer she has 2 daughters. The 5 step-sisters are not ok with this arrangement. They can not stand each other and they do not really like each other. After about a year of being step-sisters they decided that they were not going to get out of being step-sisters. After a while they began to trust each other and could not imagine their lives without eac
Chynna
Love these girly books!
E-Zhen
First of all, this book had a very good storyline, even if it is quite common (maybe just a little). I would have rated it 5 stars if it wasn't for this. Half the time I was reading this I was so confused by where the stuff was happening. Like I think "ok, this is happening at Ashton Prep", but actually it's at the Sloanes' house. Why will it be like this? Well, because it wasn't clear enough. So that's my only problem. Other than that, great read, can't wait to read the second one :)
Meg Hawt
I really liked the cover of this book. Well, mostly it's pink and I am a sucker for that color.

There really wasn't much to the story. I think it's kinda like gossip girl meets the clique. I was about who's gonna be queen bee and fitting in in in the schools popular clique.

Although boys weren't given much attention just a bit of so and so, it was thoroughly enjoyable. I did not feel bad after reading it, but it did not leave me wanting for more either.
Lydia
This book was a book that had two families come together and work it out for the sake of their parents. Letting their jealousy get to them they stab their soon-to-be stepsisters back and try and reclaim their throne. It get's so bad that the wedding is canceled. Yet in the end it's the kids who save the day and get use to the fact that they're a family now and they have to start acting like one. CAN'T WAIT TO READ THE NEXT BOOK!
Sandra Bannerman
It's FUN FUN FUN! Can anyone say rich, fabulous and catty??? These girls shop at Donna Karen like it's JC Pennys! Imagine a fabulous sister and her less than fabulous sister moving from London to New York with their mom, straight into their mom's boyfriend's house... next, add the boyfriend's two girls and what do you get??? It's a nice quick read with awesome characters and I can't wait to see what happens!
Aleyna Sarap
I read this book back in 8th grade. I was quite surprised at how unpopular these books were considering the fact that they're taking place in Manhattan and they were also pretty good. It's more of a book for young girls who like fashion, and I guess it would be better for those who have sisters too. It has lots and lots of drama... Enjoy reading! :)
s o n n a
No offense--but though this is a cute, chick-lit book, it's really Clique-wannabe. Comparing this and the Clique is like comparing A Cinderella Story with Another Cinderella Story. They're both amazing, with different details, but the root of both is exactly the same. Other than that, it was really a cute book.
Colette
Cute and fun read. I loved the NYC setting. A great book for tween readers who want a younger version of The Clique series. There are four main girl character with different personalities, and there are unique relatable characteristics in each of them.
Alyssa Thomas
Surprisingly good. I wasn't sure if I would like it considering the girls are 12 to 14, but I did. Will definitely finish reading the rest of the series as soon as they are released.
Damaris
funny im hooked i got this 4 x-mas and was reading it while my brother was trying to figure out my new ipod he was like "put the book down,freak!" anyway awesome book
Shirley
Great book. A slow beginning but it deffinitly encouraged me to go out and read the next one. I hope the second one is just as good if not better.
Phoebe
This book was just okay, it's good for vacation because it's slim and a light read. It's a Clique wannabe though.(:
Charlotte
is this book good? i w ant to read it...
is it innaproppriate like Pretty Little Liars?
Skate Penny
It's an easy read when you don't want to think too much while reading.
Catalina Sennett
This was more of a middle school age type of book, but it was cute.
Erisa
he is beautiful book,i like very much
  • The Elite (The Elite, #1)
  • Poseur (Poseur, #1)
  • Talent (Talent, #1)
  • The Ashleys (The Ashleys, #1)
  • Reality Check
  • Life as a Poser (The 310, #1)
  • Brunettes Strike Back (Cheerleader Trilogy, #2)
  • The Daughters (The Daughters, #1)
  • Truth or Fashion (Interns, #2)
  • Premiere (On the Runway, #1)
  • Frenemies (Frenemies, #1)
  • GoldenGirl (Bradford, #1)
  • Slept Away
  • The Princess Plot  (Scandia, #1)
  • Movers and Fakers (Alphas, #2)
  • Lucky (Avery Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Sisters of Misery (Sisters of Misery, #1)
  • Confessions of a First Daughter (First Daughter, #1)
Anna Carey has been a gift wrapper, face painter, nanny, horrific cocktail waitress, sofa saleswoman and children's book editor. She graduated from New York University and has an MFA in fiction from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Los Angeles, where she can be found writing, reading, and telling elaborate, only moderately interesting stories about her dog. Look for her new series, Blackbi ...more
More about Anna Carey...

Sloane Sisters (2 books)
  • Survival of the Fiercest (Sloane Sisters, #2)
Eve (Eve, #1) Once (Eve, #2) Rise (Eve, #3) Blackbird (Blackbird, #1) Hunger for Dystopian: Sampler