Start by marking “Trouble” as Want to Read:

2.47 of 5 stars 2.47  ·  rating details  ·  91 ratings  ·  16 reviews
It's one of the most controversial stories Marvel has ever produced! When friends May and Mary take on a summer job after high school, they meet brothers Ben and Richard--and summer lovin' ensues! Prepare for sand, sun...and lots of sex! High drama, infidelity and a pregancy! Innovative work by Mark Millar and Terry Dodson!
Published June 1st 2011 by Marvel Comics (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Trouble, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trouble

Aunt whore!
There was a lot of hand-wringing and anger when this series first came out a few years ago....some of it justified, mostly not. People were angry because:

1. The covers featured photos, not the usual drawings, of girls that look like teen girls acting sexy. Although I understand the criticism the photos are less racy than any fashion magazine and, really, than the art in a lot of superhero comics. Plus I think they were going for the whole Gossip Girl crowd.

2. The story features teenagers in the
WTF was this shit?
Ela Kaimo
I was excited to see a different sort of comic book from Marvel, one that didn't have men running around in tights. Since this was written by Mark Millar of the Civil War crossover, I thought this would be just as awesome. However, I was sorely disappointed.

Trouble is an attempt at a trashy teen drama: summer flings, sex, sex, more sex, infidelity, and a pregnancy. There's really nothing original about this. The characters are so bland and boring that I felt no sympathy towards any of them. The
Well, this exists.

It's not as terrible as people say. It has a clear story and clearly defined characters. Better than some other Spider-Man comics.

However, it's still a stupid 4 issue story about unprotected sex.
Mar 15, 2014 Darcy rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Not great, but not as bad as it could have been. But, really, Aunt May!
Edward Linder
Wow. What a POS. And this is the guy who wrote Kick Ass and Wanted.
Soutrik Maiti
Well this series was a little different for me. I usually don't read romantic stuffs like these but this series was crazy. A must read for all those who like a little spice in life. Hey if your life is boring try reading Trouble.
Moreover the story was good. It had a good moral. I thought of doing these things as i am 18 but i will always give it a thought before getting my Johnny boy into action ;)
Mark Millar is a gifted writer. He manipulates every genre.
This book was okay. It wasn't Kick Ass or Nemesis, but a teenage drama. It was a quick read perfect for a rainy day like today when I'm visiting family for the holidays. Will I read it again, maybe. Would I suggest it to anyone? Maybe if you want something to read fast in between a book you're waiting to get in from the library. Other than that, it was just alright.
2/5: The closest thing I can relate it to is the film Dirty Dancing. Kind of a rated PG-13 Archie comic. Very different project for Ultimates and Kickass writer Mark Millar. The Dodsons' art always looks good.

All done. I thought it was pretty good, for what it is. Millar can always push my buttons. Plus it's completely non-violent.
Ugh. This was a terrible graphic novel. I only bought it because Mark Millar (Kick-Ass) wrote it. The story is predictable, and I can't tell the two girls apart. Also, I don't like what it's trying to imply by naming the characters Richard, Ben, Mary and May. :-/ I already gave away my copy. :(
Jennifer Green
Federiken Masters
Jan 11, 2011 Federiken Masters marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Veremos...
Recommended to Federiken by: Autores
Shelves: pospuestos
¡Otra que arranqué, me venía gustando, pero vaya a saber uno porqué nunca terminé! Quedará como "pospuesto" hasta nuevo aviso.
Matt Piechocinski
There was really no point to this other than an attempt to be scandalously controversial. It didn't work.
James Schneider
If only there were fewer stars to give.
This was awful. That is all.
Dan Bon
Dan Bon marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Kat marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Shubham Raina
Shubham Raina marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Bharath marked it as to-read
May 05, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more
More about Mark Millar...