Start by marking “Blood Rules (Bloodlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Rules (Bloodlands, #2)

Blood Rules (Bloodlands #2)

3.11 of 5 stars 3.11  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  15 reviews
After the vampire named Gabriel came into her world, Mariah Lyander was forced to face her true nature and admit to the terrible things she had done - things that Gabriel could not forgive.

To redeem herself and recover her own humanity - and Gabriel's love - Mariah sets out on a perilous journey across the haunted land, in search of a rumored cure. And Gabriel, blood-bonde
Mass Market Paperback, 298 pages
Published September 2011 by Ace (first published August 30th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Rules, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Rules

All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

There aren’t many books who attempt to straddle multiple genres at the same time, and fewer still that actually succeed. Christine Cody’s Bloodlands trilogy is proving to be one of the rare exceptions that manages to blend paranormal, western, romance, and post-apocalyptic genres together in a way that takes the best from each and shows just how good mixing can be.

BLOOD RULES, the second book in the trilogy, picks up shortly after the ending of BLOODLAN
Jessica (a GREAT read)
Christine Cody's Blood Rules picks up shortly after Bloodlands. This time around Mariah wants more than anything to be rid of her wolf-self. She's not happy being a were and the things she does as a were. When rumor gets around that there's a possible cure for weres she decides to set out and find it. Gabriel comes along as well, even though he's still not happy with her for what she did.

There's a lot of tension between Gabriel and Mariah. Mariah still cares for him, but she knows he dislikes he
Kale
Gabriel and Mariah are having relationship issues. Their bond isn't enough to overcome Abby's death. The peace Gabriel is able to give Mariah isn't working, her changes uncontrollable and Gab's bloodlust is becoming less and less manageable. They need a solution to their darker natures. A cure. So the paranormal duo set out on a quest to the hubs to find a cure. But what they find is so much more transforming and terrifying then anyone could have imagined.

Christine Cody returns with Blood Rules
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
*Rating* 3.0
Genre: Fantasy/Dystopia

*Review*

Christine Cody’s Blood Rules is the second book in the Bloodlands series. The Bloodlands series is set in a post-apocalyptic US after wars, terrorism, zealots and crazies have decimated the country leaving it fractured and relying heavily on other countries to support its well-being.

Blood Rules picks up two months after Bloodlands ended with the “monsters” of the New Badlands getting the better of Johnson Stamp and his men after they tried to invade the
Joe Young
Interesting story about life following the human caused apocalypse where science created monsters and traditional monsters (Vampires, Werecreatures, etc.) band together to protect themselves from human directed extermination efforts. The allegiances formed and the strength of non-traditional associations when facing common threats is an activity well worth exploring. I think some people may say that the demonstrated behavior is typical of a human and even monster's behavior have common roots wit ...more
Ryn
Sorry, I only made it through about thirty pages of this one. Maybe I came in in the middle of the series, but this just seemed like a strange mix of genres and worlds to me.

I thought it was about vampires and werewolves. I lost some interest when I realized this was set in a post apocalyptic world. I lost even more interest when I started reading about were-elks (and a dog that was communicating telepathically with the main characters or something?). Also, the main character was well into that
Alexia Chantel
As the second book in the series it is a bit of a let down from the first.

Cody still has a great story line, a lot more action going on, and the tension between Mariah and Gabriel is stronger than ever. You are introduced to new characters that change the game in a big way. It will make you feel the Badlanders are justified in their roles in this rebellion.

Unfortunately the tension between Mariah and Gabriel has no resolution and seems to be played out. There are chapters from other characters
Marya Kowal
Disappointing. Maybe this is because I came in in the middle of the series, but this was nearly unreadable.

I love sci fi, and urban fantasy, and adapt easily to new sets of jargon and language shifts, but this book was really poorly written in that the author self-consciously uses LEET as a separate language, uses terms without defining them in the text, and the story line is really hard to follow.

I also tried to read the third novel in the series, had the same issues with it. I will not be pick
Feistygodwin
I would give this one 3.5 stars, it wasn't bad but it wasn't my favorite either. It just seemed like both leads had major angst over their were identities- something they had no control over and had several years prior to the start of this story to get over. It was really frustrating to read at several points in the story.
Robin
This is the second book in Christine Cody's Mariah Lyander Series. The first book had enough possibilities that it was worth trying to see if she got her feet under her better in the second book. No such luck. This isn't as good as the first so I'm giving up on the series. Nice idea, poor execution.
Hafiza
Book two in the trilogy.
Told from multiple POV's as Mariah and Gabriel hunt for a cure.
Story is getting weirder and weirder...
Concluding book comes out soon - I will read just to get some closure.
This series is dark and bizarre, like nothing I have read before.
Cassi Carver
If you're looking for something fresh and original--look no further. This trilogy has twists and turns you won't see coming and will keep you on the edge of your seat as you explore this dark, post-apocalyptic world.
Saisha
Awesome!! Strange twists, wierd turns and a few heavy breathing moments. Gotta love the characters. Can't wait to read the next one!!
Veronica Hofer meizelis
this book was pretty decent. I enjoyed the 1st one more. I will continue to read the series
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
Jun 04, 2015
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Sararollings
Sararollings marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Chandel Plester
Chandel Plester marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
Sara
Sara added it
Apr 27, 2015
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Justin Torres
Justin Torres marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2015
Ymri
Ymri added it
Mar 09, 2015
Terri
Terri added it
Jul 01, 2015
  • Death's Sweet Embrace (Dark Brethren #2)
  • Blood Cursed (Shadowfae Chronicles, #4)
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Key to Justice (Gillian Key, ParaDoc #4)
  • Crimson (Dead World, #3)
  • The Breaking (Skinners, #5)
  • Midnight (Dark Age Dawning, #2)
  • Night Betrayed (Envy Chronicles, #4)
  • Break of Dawn (Vampire Babylon, #3)
  • Crossroads (Anna Strong Chronicles, #7)
  • The Wild Side: Urban Fantasy with an Erotic Edge
  • Bloodstone (Deadtown, #3)
  • The Bitter Seed of Magic (Spellcrackers.com, # 3)
  • Virtual Virgin
  • Forged Of Shadows (Marked Souls #2)
  • Evangelina (Jennifer Scales, #6)
  • Roil  (The Nightbound Land, #1)
  • Chaos Bites (Phoenix Chronicles, #4)
Christine Cody is also the author of the urban fantasy Vampire Babylon (w/a Chris Marie Green). Until about six years ago, she was an eighth-grade teacher, but she became a full-time author who has published over thirty-five books under this name as well as the pseudonym Crystal Green. You can follow her occasionally fanatical yen for pop culture on Twitter and Facebook.

More about Christine Cody...

Bloodlands (3 books)
  • Bloodlands (Bloodlands, #1)
  • In Blood We Trust (Bloodlands, #3)
Bloodlands (Bloodlands, #1) In Blood We Trust (Bloodlands, #3) Brand-New Fantasy and Science Fiction from Ace and Roc