Start by marking “Night Shift Diary” as Want to Read:
Night Shift Diary

Night Shift Diary

In her candid and insightful Night Shift Diary, R. August King shares some of her memories of her eighteen-year career in nursing. Starting with her early experiences as a nineteen-year-old LPN, Ms. King offers the reader a glimpse of what motivates people to devote their professiona--and often personal--energies to caring for others. You will also enjoy the humorous journ ...more
Published June 16th 2010 by Dorrance Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Night Shift Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Shift Diary

Lisa
Mar 06, 2012 Lisa rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
14th January 2012
I was first interested in this book as I too work Night shifts for the emergency services, so I thought I would see what a Night Shift was like from the eyes of a nurse.

This book starts of with his/her being a student nurse, and working through the different departments of a hospital. The author talks about their struggle with sleeping when working night shifts and I can symapthise fully with that! You have to be so aware as not to make mistakes which can make the difference to
Kaitlin Michelle
Feb 10, 2016 Kaitlin Michelle rated it really liked it
I wouldn’t actually recommend buying this book, because it is so short; however it is a good read. It is funny and shocking. It gives a good insight into nursing, and everything nurses have to go through. I received this book for free from the author in exchange for an honest review.
See what else I thought about this book at www.vivacioushobo.com
Katrina
Aug 20, 2013 Katrina rated it liked it
As an ICU nurse, I relate to many of the thoughts, feelings, etc. of the author. The problem with the journal is that it jumps around and is too short.
Lauren Hartman
Nov 29, 2012 Lauren Hartman rated it it was amazing
ONE OF THE BEST WRITTEN BOOKS I'VE READ IN A VERY LONG TIME! I LAUGHED AND CRIED BUT THROUGH IT ALL WAS JUST AMAZED AND IN AWE!!!! THIS IS A MUST READ!!!!
Rose Hall
Rose Hall rated it really liked it
Feb 10, 2016