Start by marking “Mr. Perfect” as Want to Read:
Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  21,980 ratings  ·  969 reviews
Linda Howard's trademark darkly sensual style and intense, layered plot (Booklist) was on display in her most recent New York Times bestseller, All the Queen's Men. Now, this superb storyteller flawlessly blends passion and suspense in a thrilling new page-turner.What qualities would make the perfect man? That's what four women friends are discussing on their lunch break a ...more
Audio, Abridged
Published August 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster Audio (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Perfect, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Perfect

Blacky *Romance Addict*

Dear book:

This is my favorite Linda Howard so far <3

I enjoyed every second of it, laughed like crazy at half the book and swooned over Sam the other half of it :D

“Let me go,” she said, more nervous than she cared to reveal.
“No.”
“No!” she repeated. “You can’t say no. It’s against the law to hold me against my will.”
“I’m not holding you against your will; I’m holding you against your car.”

The story

Four friends meet for lunch and make a fun list about what a perfect man should be like.
That, of
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Aug 04, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a romance with elements of both comedy and danger
"If you're looking for Mr. Perfect, you're going to spend your whole life being disappointed, because he doesn't exist."

I generally hate books where any female or group of females start making a mental or physical list of what they want in a man. Lists are absolutely stupid. Love is unpredictable and shouldn't be put in a box. Sure, six-pack abs and a huge salary can be awesome, but the sweet guy with the messy hair and cute dimples might be the right one, even if he doesn't have guns of ste
UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick

What do you get when four friends get together for their weekly girls night out and have a little too much to drink? Well, in this story, you get a list detailing what these friends think it takes to make the perfect man.

And what do you get when that list becomes an overnight sensation with a nearly cult like following? Well, in this story, you get murder!

I’ve had this book on my shelves for quite awhile and whenever my Goodreads friends would talk about Linda Howard’s books, Mr. Perfect was su
MelissaB
This book was very funny and a good romantic suspense. The interaction between Jaine and Sam was hilarious. She is a bit of a spit fire and he has a bit of a temper. I love the part where she sprays him with the hose then he hold her against her car. She tells him he is holding her against her will but he says he isn't, he is holding her against her car. The diagolue was great and the suspense portion was good. This is a great read if you enjoy a laugh, good romance and a bit of suspense!
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
Jul 19, 2013 ♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Carol Sanchez, Leilani Villanueva
Shelves: for-reread, favorites
5 (Still) Perfect Stars!!

Re-read time June 19 to 21 2013.

Still perfect after all this time. I've reread this book more than I could count and it never fails to make me laugh, cry and swoon. This book is what made me a fan of Linda Howard's writing. This was Linda Howard at her peak writing form; witty, fun, hilarious and terrifying at the same time.

Mr. Perfect is a story about four friends and their idea of Mr. Perfect. The fours friends understood, of course, that Mr. Perfect doesn't really ex
Amy (Foxy)
Good to look at
Great in bed
10" requirement
Last in bed at least 30 minutes

Four co-workers go out for drinks after work and after a few drinks they've comprised a list of requirements for their Mr. Perfect. The list somehow makes their work newspaper and begins to cause all kinds of chaos for these four women. It was all fun and games until one of them turns up murdered.

I've read four books by Linda Howard.
Mo
This is an old book but I see that most of her books have now been released on Kindle - Lucky Me - Not So Lucky my Credit Card!!!! I have read a few of Linda's other books and loved them. This was a great story with a spunky, sassy heroine and a gorgeous hero - wouldn't mind a bit of Sam living next door to me. Sad, funny, mysterious - it had it all - hopefully the kindle edition will bring a new realm of readers to discover Ms Howard.
Didi
~~~~ 4 STARS OR 7.5-8/10 ~~~~

Despite being released years ago, the books I've read by Linda Howard are so evocative and sexy that some newer books honestly can't compete. This is the third book by LH I've read so far but after the first, she became one of my favourite authors. Romantic suspense when written well is fantastic.
I loved the suspense here, it had me stumped till past half way through when I realized I was making a grave error in my assumptions.

The disturbing nature of the crimes co
Wicked Incognito Now
I only read SEVEN PERCENT of this book. So take my review with a grain of salt.

I often search the internet for "best romance novels of all time." There are, surprisingly, a lot of lists dedicated to enumerating the best romance novels ever written. I've found quite a few gems this way. THIS novel made the top ten of most of those lists. I spent most of my life thinking that all romance novels were a waste of my time and intellect, until I rediscovered romance about four years ago. I discovered t
Vishous
This book was perfect! Perfect amount of everything!

I have a soft spot for neighbors that want to strangle each other and then can't keep their hands off each other. It's basically a win win situation for me when choosing a book. And this one didn't disappoint at all!

It was funny, easy to read, hot and had a psycho to catch.

I have nothing bad to say, everything was amazing but there was one Itsy Bitsy thing that had me eye rolling!

(view spoiler)
Shawna
4 stars – Romantic Suspense

I love the line, "The wheel's still going around, but her hamster's dead".

I love this verbal sparring scene between the H/H, (page 18):

"I haven't had any sleep, any breakfast, or any coffee. I'd better leave before I hurt you." He nodded. "That's a good idea. I'd hate to have to arrest you." She stared at him, taken aback. "What?" "I'm a cop," he said, then turned and walked back into his house. Jaine stared after him, shocked. A cop? "Well, fuck," she said.
Glass
This is me at the beginning, the middle and the end of this amazing book:

description

I laughed. I swooned. I laughed some more. My ovaries overheated because of Sam. I laughed - again. I was shocked.
I loved every word of Mr. Perfect.

Read this!

Tammy
Remember the discussion thread on Amazon several months ago where the boardies discussed their favorite lines in a book? Now I finally understand the popular line ... "I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car."

This book was full of verbal sparring between Jaine Bright and her neighbor, Detective Sam Donovan, that was downright hilarious at times. Jaine first meets Sam when she accidentally backs over his metal garbage can with her new Viper. Tempers flare as these
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️

photo 5ae020b0bd3ce802ee52bdb758d240be_zpsvpc0wnc6.jpg

* Audio book review: June 2015

5 Perfect Stars!!!

4 Friends make a list....and their lives will never be the same.

photo PicsArt_1433554977689_zpsbjan1nin.jpg

I LOVED this book!! One of my favorites by Linda Howard!!!

Jaine, Luna, Marci, and TJ are co-workers and best friends who meet one Friday after work at their normal meeting place for dinner, their conversation turns into what would make the perfect man. Soon they have their criteria for their "Mr. Perfect".

The List
*Faithful
*Nice
*Dependable
*Steadily Employed
*Sense of Humor
*Financi
Saly
Perfection is the name of this book! I was up till 5:30 in the morning finishing this and when I got to the end I wanted more, more Jaine and Sam. I loved the romance and wanted so much more. Jaine was a firecracker and I loved her. She was soo kick-ass and knew cars and didn't mind speaking her mind and throwing herself in the fray.

She just bought a house, her siblings are miffed with her since her vacation parents left their cat and her dad's prized car in her possession. She also thinks her n
Oana
DNF

Ladies and gentlemen, after only 30% into this book, I am pleased to introduce you these refreshingly original characters: Lady no. 1 - slightly older, with a beautiful career and a sexy useless toy boy lover at home; Lady no.2 - believes in true love and therefore gets attached to all the assholes out there; Lady no.3 - semi-happily married; and Lady no.4, our heroine - single, disappointed by men but still looking for Mr. Big Mr. Perfect.

description

One Friday evening, after work, these four ladies go
Gabriella ♥ Liam Callahan's girl ♥
Kept comparing this read to Property Of by C.P. Smith..Both these books are too damn alike NOT to :/
Ended up rating this a one since I loved the latter better both chracters & dialogue wise.

Ingela
Written August 31, 2014

4 1/2 Stars - Good lasting quality romance. A book in my style: witty, thrilling, romantic and well done.

At last was it time for an 14 years old Linda Howard novel. Most romance readers has probably read a few or more of her romances. —I counted to over 60 books, yes sixty!!!

I read one of LH's most loved, Cry No More some years ago. My first and only. (view spoiler)
Jen
11/12/13 Re-read

Damn, I love this book! This encore reading was way overdue :))
Myrto
Oh, what a read! "Mr. Perfect" was a hilarious and at times super creepy novel with kick-ass characters.

It starts with four friends having an after-work dinner and coming up with a list about what makes their own Mr. Perfect. In a few days, everyone at work knows about the list and you can guess what happens; women wholeheartedly agree and men just sulk. But, when one of the four friends is brutally murdered because of the list the rest of the group understands that what began as a joke (and def
Lady Heather
LOVED. LOVED. LOVED! This story!

Sam & Jaine are AMAZING together!

Luna, T.J., Marci, and Jaine the bestest-besties ever!

Loved their relationship, and their List...but, my heart was breaking by the end of the story.

The story, characters, writing...BEAUTIFULLY DONE!
Dibi
Jaine tuvo que sujetarse las costillas con fuerza para no estallar en nuevas risas.
-Eres todo un tipo.
-¿Y que diablos querías que fuera? ¿Una bailarina de ballet?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOD ¡que sorpreson me he llevado con este libro! No puedo creerlo aún, ese HUGE giro que ha dado me ha dejado helada, y no me hagan hablar de las ultimas paginas que prácticamente sentí como me arrancaban el corazón. (view spoiler)
Este lib
Crystal~BIG book addict~
This is my first Linda Howard book and it was awesome!! Absolutely loved the H/h together. Jaine was hilarious with her smartass mouth and Sam gave it right back to her. There was the right amount of suspense, mystery and romance. I will definitely be reading more of her books in the future.

Paige  Bookdragon
Five-I-better-flirt-with-my-hot-neighbor-because-I-want-my-own-SAM-DONOVAN-stars

The book?

description

Linda Howard you deserve to have a statue.

The thrill, the suspense, the banter between H/H, the psycho, the cat, the car, and the steamy scenes that still makes me sweat?

description

This book brought me back my "inner slut". I've been having a dry week (reading zombie books can do that you..) and NO romance book can bring it back.

Until you, Mr. Perfect.

I just want to cry and party hard and the same time.

Sam Dono
Brittany B.
5+stars for one of my all-time favorite authors.

If Linda Howard is sometimes hit or miss, Mr. Perfect is an easy HIT!
Excellent book. One of Linda Howard's very best. Funny and sweet, scary and heartbreaking; this Novel is a PERFECT blend of suspense and romance. It is a treat to read from start to finish. Not once during this book did I lose interest; I devoured every single scene. Linda Howard is an author with many faces; each of her books is so different in intensity. This book is a bit of
Veronika

I can't even believe this is the first book I've read by Linda Howard! Her writing was absolutely brilliant! Mr. Perfect was a perfectly balanced book, it has the perfect amount of romance, humor, drama and suspense.

The story:

Everything starts with The List. Four girlfriends make a list about what would make a man perfect. It starts out as a joke, just a fun list nobody was supposed to see. But soon the list spreads like a wildfire and it's all over the newspapers and internet. Some people t
Monique
I have never felt more disturbed and creeped out. This book gave me the chills, a sick/nervous feeling in my stomach... It was just so creepy.

I hated the feeling. However, if an author can write a romantic suspense and their words can have this kind of affect on the reader, well it means that the author is doing their job right.

This is the first Linda Howard book I've read and I've had this book on my to-read shelf for so long that I completely forgot about it. I should have read this ages ago.
*Book-Lover*
So about 10% into this book, I'm thinking "Why on earth have I not read anything from Linda Howard before?

trust me, I am kicking myself for taking this long to discover this author!!

I loved everything about this book! The writing, characters, chemistry, storyline all flowed beautifully.

The story centers on four friends who meet one friday night at their local hangout spot Ernie's to eat, drink, blow off some steam,with lots of laughs and friendship. Four girlfriends who've had alittle too much t
Wendy F
Absolutely not expected at all! I'm a contemporary/suspense romance snob. I fully admit it. I rarely pick one up on my own to read and my initial instinct is to assume that I'm not going to like it.

So, imagine my surprise when (because it was our True Love 101 Group Read) I picked up this book and thought it was GREAT!

I read the whole thing today! I couldn't put it down. It was light enough that I didn't feel full of angst, but it was action packed enough to keep me turning the pages unable to
Eastofoz
This book is worth more a 3.5 than a 3 star rating. There isn’t much romance, there’s too much focus on the stereotypical complicity between the 4 friends and what happens is a little too over the top. The writing is very good though.

The h/h ‘s relationship is very hard to believe and there’s virtually no sexual tension or lead up to their “love affair”. They’re barely together throughout the story so it’s hard to get a feeling for them as a couple let alone believing that they’ve fallen head ov
Linda Howard Book...: March 2015 Book of the Month-Mr Perfect 29 16 Mar 20, 2015 09:59PM
USA Geography Cha...: Mr. Perfect by Linda Howard 1 1 Dec 29, 2014 01:34AM
Let's Talk Love S...: Mr. Perfect - August BOTM 12 35 Aug 22, 2014 09:48AM
True Love 101: Linda Howard Books 233 81 Dec 01, 2013 04:47AM
Favorite scene in "Mr. Perfect"? 46 255 Sep 19, 2013 04:55PM
What's The Name o...: PLZZz i need to know the name!!!! [s] 6 73 Apr 28, 2013 01:46PM
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Nightfall
  • Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1)
  • Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3)
  • Out Of Control (McClouds & Friends #3)
  • One Summer
  • Kiss and Tell (T-FLAC, #2)
  • Edge of Sight (The Guardian Angelinos, #1)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Crazy Cool (Steele Street, #2)
  • Beg for Mercy (Dead Wrong, #1)
  • Into the Dark (The Bodyguards, #6)

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard...
After the Night Open Season Dream Man Mackenzie's Mountain (Mackenzie Family, #1) Dying to Please

“She should have remembered her past experiences in the relationship wars and not let herself get so excited. Evidently her hormones had overruled her common sense and she had become drunk on ovarian wine, the most potent, sanity- destroying substance in the universe.” 128 likes
“I'm not holding you against your will; I'm holding you against your car.” 104 likes