Start by marking “Mirror, Mirror” as Want to Read:
Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, Mirror

When Chris Wallace looks in the mirror he sees a deep and complex man. He is, in fact, selfish, shallow and very, very devious. A master of deceit.

Suzy Wallace, a woman scorned, wreaks havoc and revenge on her husband's mistress, once her best friend, now her sworn enemy. She will never forgive and never forget.

Alexandra Johnston, ambitious, talented and seductive, uses ev
Paperback
Published April 2nd 2007 by Bantam (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Mirror, Mirror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror, Mirror

Dorian
Oct 06, 2012 Dorian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Patricia Scanlan is one of the few chick-lit authors I read, and I think this is one of her best books. (It's the sequel to her "Promises, Promises", but I read this one first.)

It's 1969 in Dublin, and things are going all sorts of wrong for Chris Wallace, womanising shit extraordinaire. His wife, Suzy, finds out about the affair he's having with her best friend, Alexandra, and throws him out of the house. Alexandra doesn't actually like him (or anyone, really; she's what they had in mind when t
ireadnovels.wordpress.com
Review by www.ireadnovels.wordpress.com
Mirror, Mirror is the story of two women who have had enough and are about to get even with Chris Wallace.
Chris Wallace was an accomplished liar. Suzy Wallace knew her husband Chris was having an affair.
Alexandra Johnston was one woman who wouldn't dance to his tune,she would just use him as long as ut suited her.
Ellen Munroe, let Chris think that his emotionally abusive behaviour was perfectly acceptable. After seven years of emotional turmoil, Ellen final
Julie Haigh
Aug 19, 2013 Julie Haigh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. Excellent feel good read. Comedy, family trials and tribulations.
Recommended to Julie by: Both books of set on offer at WorldBooks
Brilliant end to a two part saga!!!

This is a the second of a two part story so it's really a must to read Promises Promises first. I had not heard of Patricia Scanlan before and really bought the set of two books because they were on special offer but this author should be at the top of the bestseller lists because I was really pleasantly surprised at the quality of her writing. It's a family story where a girl falls for a rotter and, for a time, things seem to go his way and he comes up smellin
Mical
Sep 15, 2016 Mical rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a long story but well worth it. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Kathryn
Aug 30, 2014 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Whilst I really enjoyed this book - I wasn't sure why it was set in 1969/1970?? I thought it was going to have a 'present day' ending, but it didn't.

I liked how the women were connected to Chris, and how he got his comeuppance!! It was only when I was halfway through that I realised there was a book that was written before this, oops
Jillean Whyte
Feb 15, 2014 Jillean Whyte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need more stars to give this lady. Bought this book, only half way through part one. And it didn't disappoint, a fitting end to an amazing duology. You feel an inner guilty pleasure to see Chris get his cumuppance. I just couldn't put down this series, housework was abandoned. Can't wait for another PS book, bring on the genius.
Rachel
Dec 03, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
BoekenTrol
Jun 18, 2011 BoekenTrol marked it as not_read_only_released  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Hippolein
I bought this book for a fellow BC-member, who had it on his wishlist. Since it is not really my kind of book, I decided not to read it before sending it on.
Eli
Apr 23, 2012 Eli rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Jackie B., Tori, Z. Gilly de La S.
Shelves: fiction, 2012
This book overextended the author's talents. It seemed like she tired to fit in too many story lines & consequently, some were ignored. NB: Promises, Promises in the UK.
Karen
Jan 03, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Extremely enjoyable, a little over descriptive in places but a number of laugh out loud and fist pumping moments.
Serena Howard
Serena Howard rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2008
constance june austin
constance june austin rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2016
Julesdkidd
Julesdkidd rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2012
Kathleen Herbert
Kathleen Herbert rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Patricia Armstrong
Patricia Armstrong rated it did not like it
Nov 21, 2015
Louise Murphy
Louise Murphy rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Karen Addlesee
Karen Addlesee rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Mr Alan Ismay
Mr Alan Ismay rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Kirsteen
Kirsteen rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2015
Amy Cumpsty
Amy Cumpsty rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Umapranam
Umapranam rated it did not like it
Apr 12, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jun 23, 2013
Grace O'Callaghan
Grace O'Callaghan rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2015
Michelle Williams
Michelle Williams rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2017
Ursula Cruise
Ursula Cruise rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2016
Natasha
Natasha rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Humaira Shafaq
Humaira Shafaq rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Suzy Breslin
Suzy Breslin rated it did not like it
Jul 24, 2011
Kay Gethings
Kay Gethings rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2014
Madeline Smith
Madeline Smith rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
  • Lizzie Jordan's Secret Life
  • Dead Europe
  • Now and Forever
  • Walking over Eggshells by Lucinda Clarke
  • The Priest's Well (The Greek Village #12)
  • Anything for Amelia
  • Midwife: A Calling
  • Love & Justice: A Compelling True Story Of Triumph Over Tragedy
  • Confessions Of A Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year
  • Jinnie
  • Forgive Me
Patricia Scanlan was born in Dublin, where she still lives. While working as a librarian she started to write, and now has a full-time career as a bestselling author.
More about Patricia Scanlan...