Start by marking “Revelations (Jane Perry #3)” as Want to Read:
Revelations (Jane Perry #3)

Revelations (Jane Perry #3)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  310 ratings  ·  51 reviews
In this third Jane Perry novel, Laurel Dewey takes Jane out of Denver to the small town of Midas where the Chief of Police is a close friend of Jane's boss. Jacob Van Gorden, the fifteen-year-old son of a prominent area businessman, has disappeared and all signs point to his abductor being Jordan Copeland, a man who committed a similar crime decades ago. Jane settles into
Published July 5th 2011 by Story Plant, The (first published June 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Revelations, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revelations

Cheryl
This is the second book that I have read by Laurel Dewey. I have definitely seen growth in her writing!

Sergeant Detective Jane Perry is at it again. This time she is trying to solve the case of a boy, Jake Van Gorden, who was attempting suicide, but then got kidnapped in the process. Something just seemed strange about that. Clues are being sent to the boy's family and the police about the boy's disappearance. Jane is thinking it's the boy who is setting the whole thing up and he is trying to ge
Grace Rose
Jul 20, 2011 Grace Rose rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone who is looking for a book with depth and soul
Recommended to Grace Rose by: I know and love the series
Stunning, powerful, original, mesmerizing, haunting, heartbreaking, shocking, disturbing, illuminating and worthy of 10 stars! I'm already a fan of Laurel Dewey but the third book in the Jane Perry series just blew me away.

I can truly say that there is no author out there today who writes with the intensity and honesty that Dewey does. Her character, Jane Perry, is so damn real and compelling that you can't help but root for her, even when she falls short. In this novel, Jane is met with a pers
William Bentrim
Revelations by Laurel Dewey
This is a Jane Perry mystery. This is also a test of bloggers mobile blogging. I am dictating this review on my B e l o v e d droid x. This is a mystery of great depth and very intricate prose. It is a complicated plot about a murder or is it?
James Perry is not a lovable protagonist. She has lots of bad habits and an antagonistic personality. Of course the same traits make her much more believable. Weyler her partner, has extraordinary patience.
There is a wealth of cu
Irina Lak
I have never heard of Jane Perry (main character) or Laurel Dewey (the author) but after reading Revelations I'm a fan of both. Apparently this is the 4th book in a series and I'll have to backtrack and read the other three. I will agree with some reviewers that at times the story dragged but everything else was fantastic. The characters, the plot, the stories, and especially the ending. Many books i have read were "safe" and predictable but this takes you on a different kind of ride. I enjoyed ...more
Heavensent1
Revelations is the third book in the Jane Perry murder mystery series.

Detective Jane Perry has just been assigned her toughest case, not by her department, but by her doctor. Jane has just been told that she may have cervical cancer. After recently getting her life in order, she is disheartened to learn of her newest fate. Deciding a leave of absence is best, in order to get her affairs in place, she is sidetracked by a new investigation.

Her partner, Weyler, informs her that he wants them to inv
Misha
How many secrets does it take to curse a family? How many revelations does it take to set them free?

Revelations is the third in the Jane Perry series by Laurel Dewey and it seems to get better with every book. I read and reviewed the second part, Redemption, on the blog - I had enjoyed it especially since it was different from any other thriller I had read, with its mystical and spiritual elements, yet I did not count it among the best reads. However, with Revelations, Laurel Dewey is now among
Literary
Cover

The starkness of the leafless trees against a darkening sky casts a somber mood over the reader preparing them for another dramatic episodic glimpse into Jane Perry's life.

Plot

This is my second Jane Perry novel that I've read and Laurel Dewey does not disappoint. She goes beyond remaining consistent with her writing and has improved upon previous novels with Revelations ... not that there was much to improve upon, mind you.

The novel is suspenseful as well as mysterious. There's a touch of t
Karielle
Revelations by Laurel Dewey
Series: Jane Perry (#3)
Release Date: June 14th, 2011
Publisher: The Story Plant
Page Count: 479
Source: Received from publisher via Pump Up Your Book for review

How many secrets does it take to curse a family?
How many revelations does it take to set them free?

The small, upscale Colorado town of Midas had barely registered on Sergeant Detective Jane Perry's radar before her former boss and current colleague told her she needed to join him there for a case. All she knew was
L.A.
Article first published as Book Review: Revelations by Laurel Dewey on Blogcritics.

As Sergeant Detective Jane Perry listens to her diagnosis–possible cervical cancer–she is devastated. Having made significant life style changes recently, including sobriety, the diagnosis is unexpected. Having to wait on another set of tests puts her over the edge, and she decides to spend some time away from her job in homicide. As she gets to the office to leave a note of her intentions, her partner Weyler sto
CorLostForWords
Source: Received from Tracee for the Pump Up Your Book blog tour. Many thanks goes to Tracee for sending me a copy of this book for review. I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.

My rating: 4/5

Revelations is the third book in the Jane Perry mystery series. Jane has just received some devastating news, and is on her way in to work to take a short leave of absence, when her colleague Sergeant Weyler tells her that they will be heading to the town of Midas to help ou
liirogue
I didn't realize this was part of a series when I got it, and it works fine as a stand-alone novel.

Dewey did an absolutely fantastic job on creating the character of Jane Perry. She felt completely real to me - I could imagine her walking down the street, interacting with her, etc. What a realistic, gritty, flawed character.

This would have easily been a five star book except for two things. The author got too bogged down with philosophical rants - the characters would spend pages just going on a
Margaret
This was a nice read although I didn't much care for some of the language. The characters were very well thought out and believable. I really liked Jane and Hank in particular. Bo and Weyler were great supporting characters. The story line was all over the place, in fact there were several but it was easy enough to follow and read.
Kim Moyer
This is probably my favorite of the 3 novels I've read in the Jane Perry series! The who-done-it was not obvious (at least not for me) but ultimately made total sense and I enjoyed how all the pieces of the puzzle came together in the end. I hope there are more books to come in this series (although with this book having been published 4 years ago, I have my doubts).
Bri Clark
Revelations is the third in series that now I will now be added to Mt TBR. Jane Perry is one of many characters that resonate with a reader. While this is a series Laurel does and amazing job of providing enough background that it's perfect as a stand alone. Now I know the 464 page count can be daunting but take it from this reader you will zip right through it. In fact I actually was skimming a little to my own embarrassment because I HAD to know what happened next.

As an author I have a tremend
Rosalie
This was a free book on Kindle and not all of the free books are worth reading. This kept me hooked from beginning to end. I will certainly look up more of the Jane Perry books.
Ellen Parker
I am HOOKED!!! I love, love, love Detective Jane Perry! What a dynamic and REAL character author Laurel Dewey has created. Each novel in the series has something to offer but I think this one is above and beyond the others. It's gripping, thought provoking and brutally honest....PLUS, the many characters are fleshed out beautifully (EVEN the minor characters.) You feel like you are in the fight with Jane and figuring out the mystery right along with her. I didn't want this book to end and I'm co ...more
Virginia Hlavaty
The story was pretty good, but there were parts of the book that were just too drawn out. I skimmed through the last half of the book to find out what happened.
Marnie
A boy has gone missing in a small town, and the chief of police calls in a favor from a friend so that he can get the crime solved and retire. While everyone in the town believes that it is the man who lives in the woods who is as ex convict, things start to unwind when the lieutanent from the big town brings his long time partner. She not only starts to unfold many secrets, she solves the crime. This book has a nice twist to it. Very well written
Tracy
Murder mystery with plenty of clues provided - some easily solved, others pushed me to continue reading. It wrapped up nicely, although a bit rushed. The story includes some paranormal activity, which, in my opinion, seemed out of place. However, there are preceding books in this series that I've not read; it could be that if I had read the books in order the paranormal bits would have made sense.
Wendy Cantu
This was by far my favorite out of the Jane Perry series. Not only was it amazing to see the evolution Jane's since she debuted as a self-destructive alcoholic, but the story was damn good! It was psychological and had twists I didn't see coming. The only thing I could complain about (and I also read this in other comments) was the long dialogues between Jane and Jordan Copeland.
Old_airman
A very enjoyable read. Jane Perry is still pretty fowl mouthed and evil tempered, but is starting to take control of herself and her life. Although this novel could be read first, I would recommend reading this series in order so that the reader has access to the various levels of complexity in Jane Perry's life.
Poppy Hall
really good. well worth reading. I loved the fact it was all one plot novel, not lots of plot lines and characters that come together in the end. The plot always follows the main character which i really liked, her feelings about issues in her life and hang ups she has. Im looking forward to more from this author.
C
This book, 3rd in a series of 3,has some grim parts but a good resolution. The character was interesting but not very likable. All of the characters were slightly over-drawn. I am glad I read this, book the 3rd book in a series, first and do not plan to read other books.
Kerry
I love this series and will continue to look for her books as she writes more of them. This main character is stunning in her faults and idiosyncrasies and I love watching how her mind works and grows with each new obstacle. Truly a book with depth and heart.
Marisa
I've really enjoyed the Jane Perry series. She is an interesting character with a lot of depth and it has been fun to watch her evolve. This particular story was less predictable than the first two in the series, but still not to hard to figure out.
Jack
Jane Perry unwillingly accompanies her partner to assist him do a favour for an old friend - and finds herself in a very secretive community. Whilst trying to solve the crime she discovers that almost everyone has secrets that influence the case.
Tony Randall
I found the start very slow but it gradually built up steam and was quite enjoyable to read in the end. There were some interesting twist and turns in the story line to keep you involved and trying to guess what the next twist will be
Megan
Not great but interesting. I figured out a number of the clues before the main character did, and the whole ghost/mysticism/telepathy angle was annoying, but in general the book was fast-moving, easy to read and engaging.
Dveith
I am growing quite fond of Jane Perry! What a fantastic character! Plus the story lines are filled with so many teasers - everytime I think I know the answer - I change my mind. Fun reads! I love this series!
Shawn
I have read other books by Laurel Dewey and like the characters. I especially like the tortured Jane. This is another good detective story with great twists and turns. I look forward to her next book!!!
  • Dead Deceiver (A Loon Lake Mystery, #11)
  • Lot's Return to Sodom (A Liv Bergen Mystery #2)
  • Striking Back
  • As the Crow Dies
  • Innocent Monster (Moe Prager, #6)
  • The Curse of the Holy Pail (An Odelia Grey Mystery, #2)
  • Late Rain
  • Too Near The Edge (Cleo & Tyler Mysteries, #1)
  • Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery, #1)
  • The Bluejay Shaman
  • County Line
  • Death of a Trophy Wife (A Jaine Austen Mystery, #9)
  • Amos Walker: The Complete Story Collection
  • Hostage in Havana (The Cuban Trilogy #1)
  • House Report
  • Guns
  • Sleep Tight
  • Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, #3)
Laurel Dewey’s writing career has been anything but predictable. Born in Glendale, California, Dewey began her career working in public relations. Her writing talents quickly took her into other entertainment avenues. As an assistant editor at BOP Magazine in the late 1980's, Dewey helped launch the blockbuster career of teen pop groups, including The New Kids on The Block. During this time, she w ...more
More about Laurel Dewey...

Jane Perry (4 books)
  • Protector
  • Redemption
  • Unrevealed: Four Jane Perry Stories
Protector Redemption Unrevealed: Four Jane Perry Stories An Unfinished Death (Jane Perry) Promissory Payback (Jane Perry)