Start by marking “Joyride” as Want to Read:
Joyride

Joyride

The author of Losing It pens a captivating coming-of-age novel in which two unlikely best friends who have shared everything are speeding along the road of life--until a long-buried secret comes between them. Original.
Published October 1st 2004 by Red Dress Ink (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Joyride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Joyride

Maria (Ri)
Jul 03, 2007 Maria (Ri) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: swapped, chick-lit
Wow! This is not the typical chick lit fare! I could not put this one down and ending up reading and finishing it late in the night. This novel has a depth and sensitivity toward the characters that was totally unexpected. I was thinking this would be a nice light Red Dress Ink read, but it totally surprised me! I really cared for and ached with the characters. I felt their struggles, their vulnerabilities. Previously I had enjoyed Rech's first novel, Losing It much more than average chick lit, ...more
Cathy
May 30, 2007 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those with lifelong friends
This is one of the best books I have read in a while. It is about two friends who meet when they were thirteen and immediately develop a very close relationship (some may so uncomfortably close). As they grow up, they go through so many difficult situations and events but they always have each other to help make it through. It is a great book for anyone who has a lifelong best friend or anyone who has ever wished they still had a close relationship with that special friend back in junior or high ...more
Kristal Cooper
Chick Lit just isn't my favorite genre. As a 30-something woman, I've been through almost all of these scenarios and I don't particularly feel the need to re-hash them. It is, therefore, a drag trying to get through this type of book, unless it offers some really interesting twists. That said, I was glad I stuck with this one because the last 1/4 of the book was quite good. I hope every woman out there has at least one great friendship like this in her life.

Anayah
Feb 03, 2014 Anayah is currently reading it
I’m not too far into this book, but from what I’ve read, this book keeps me on the edge of my seat . Joyride is getting even more interesting the more I read! The reason I say that is because there are secrets coming out that you wouldn’t expect. “ She was staring at the wall as if she saw a ghost .” this quote is what changed the entire book for me . I wouldn’t change anything about this book because the author ,Lindsey Faith, did an amazing job writing Joyride .
Danielle
Mar 04, 2012 Danielle rated it really liked it
This is a cute book. Rech doesn't necessarily have the most advanced writing style--there are definitely times when I felt like she was just following the pattern of telling a story she learned in middle school, but she definitely has a great knack for plot and character. I thoroughly enjoy her novels.
Deborah
Apr 28, 2008 Deborah rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
Stella immediately flies to Europe when her best friend from Jr. High calls her. Between flight delays and long waits in terminals, Stella reminisces over their friendship--the good times, the sad times, the scary times, the happy times…
Not your typical ‘chick lit’.
Jo
Feb 12, 2013 Jo rated it really liked it
My BFF and I nicknamed each other Emily and Stella, my sister of the moon after reading this book. We send it across the country to take turns rereading it every now and then...I don't even remember the story, but I do remember that I love every minute when I'm reading it.
Alayna
Jul 04, 2008 Alayna rated it really liked it
I really liked this book, it dove into female friendships, in freindships in general in love, in life. The Characters were realistic, people that you probably knew in your own life. A wonderful chick lit book and a great summer read.
Melea Rose-Waters
Apr 23, 2008 Melea Rose-Waters rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, beach-read
Starting this one on Labor Day 08....

Finished 9/4/08.. I absolutely LOVED this book! One of the best I've read in a long, long time!
BookDigger
Jan 31, 2008 BookDigger rated it really liked it
Thought provoking novel which makes you examine your life. Great read and a great one to share with your friends. Some inappropriate material, but great plot line.
Yanira
Aug 04, 2014 Yanira rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite books. I read it for the first time during my senior year in high school, and now, almost 10 years later, I'm still crying by the third chapter!
Kayla
Feb 14, 2016 Kayla rated it it was amazing
More people need to read this! I feel like this book is so under-rated.
Heather
A thoroughly enjoyable read. I felt the characters were interesting, the relationships realistic, and the story entertaining. Not much more I could have asked for.
Elizabeth
That was such an unexpectedly awesome book! I am pretty much drowning in feelings.
Dawn
Jun 01, 2014 Dawn rated it really liked it
Easy and enjoyable read.
Lisa Abeloff
Lisa Abeloff rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2015
Victoria Mcshane
Victoria Mcshane rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2013
Kelli Fitzpatrick
Kelli Fitzpatrick rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Chandel
Chandel rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2016
Debi
Debi rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2014
Miranda Powell
Miranda Powell rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2012
Melinda
Melinda rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jul 31, 2016
Mahmoud Lasheen
Mahmoud Lasheen rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2012
Maggie Marconi
Maggie Marconi rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2011
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Dollie
Dollie rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2012
Cyndi
Cyndi rated it liked it
May 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Summer in the Land of Skin
  • The Romancipation of Maggie Hunter
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Mike, Mike & Me
  • Scenes From A Holiday
  • Mafia Chic (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • A Clean Slate
  • Speechless
  • The Funeral Planner
  • Strapless
  • On The Verge
  • Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?
  • The Matzo Ball Heiress
  • The Last Year of Being Single (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Lucky Girl