Start by marking “A Heart Ablaze: Igniting a Passion for God” as Want to Read:
A Heart Ablaze: Igniting a Passion for God

A Heart Ablaze: Igniting a Passion for God

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  262 ratings  ·  17 reviews
God delivered Israel from Egyptian bondage to captivate them for Himself. In the arid wilderness He planned to reveal His nature and ways to them, but they drew back. How different are we today? Many confess the Lordship of Jesus and acknowledge His saving power, yet like Israel, they've drawn back. Rather than pursuing His heart they have cleaved to this world's form of w ...more
Published November 1st 1999 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about A Heart Ablaze, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Heart Ablaze

Jonathan Brooker
I've always enjoyed studying into how much the modern church can behave like the Israelites in the Exodus. It seems that whenever a new author takes to it you seem to see a new and true aspect of the similarities that you hadn't seen before. That's the case again here with this book which focuses heavily on the sense that Moses desired the glory of God while the Israelites were more interested in the goods of God.

Deeply challenged, I enjoyed (not sure that's exactly the right word for it) the w
Guang Tse
A book that doesn't make you happy when you read it, which is why I give it 4 stars. But a book that must be read by anyone who claims to be Christian.. Sobering and powerful message about what it means to lay down everything for Christ, to be consumed by His refining fire.
John Dobbs
There were some really good things about this book. It is the first book by Mr. Bevere I have read, and was unfamiliar with him, though he has several published books and is evidently well known in some circles. What I did particularly like were the comparisons between Moses, the Children of Israel, and the contemporary church. I think he drew some very distinct and helpful observations in that, throughout the book. I liked that the book has a prophetic flavor, pinpointing the need for repentanc ...more
Ruthie
wonderful - so convicting and encouraging. Lord ignite a fire in us all that burns so brightly the whole world is drawn to your manifested Glory.
Ruth
Really enjoyed this book, really what to read it again and again! It explains what it takes to really heart after God, desires and intentions are not the same. God deserves our total surrender.
Shandra
A friend recently returned my copy of this book sparking an interest in rereading. Pleasantly surprised to see my handwrtten margin notes and prayers from the first read : Father God, my desire is to cast away all distractions that I may be sanctified and You be Glorified. Amen: 1/28/2008

Love anything by the Beveres
Russeller
I found this guy a bit full of himself - his writig style suggests that he's correct in everything he says, and that there is no room for discussion/debate. I also found his biblical exegesis lacking. I appreciate his passion, but had serious hesitations about his theology.
Cherie
a few of the chapters were very convicting, but most of the book was hard for me to stay awake.
Zack
This book is the most challenging book I've ever read. The chapter on intentions vs. desires really convicted me. John Bevere has a lot of wisdom and insight that today's church (especially in the U.S.) needs to hear.
Braden
This book is truly inspiring, and will rock you to the core of your Christianity. If you desire more than a lukewarm, boring Christian life, this is a must read!
Marissa
Awesome. Completely. It really mad me think and start changing some of my wrong attitudes. =)
Hope Blackwell
This book was powerful and life changing. I'll never be the same again!
Frossie Dauer
Very good one to read especially if wondering about fasting and prayer.
Rachel N
Reading as a congregation. Incredible!
Larry
First book I read by John Bevere...great stuff!
Obaa Yaa
Obaa Yaa marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Chad Gray
Chad Gray marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
  • The Call
  • Becoming a Prayer Warrior: A Guide to Effective and Powerful Prayer
  • The Supernatural Ways of Royalty
  • Mind Siege: The Battle for Truth
  • They Shall Expel Demons: What You Need to Know about Demons—Your Invisible Enemies
  • The Unquenchable Worshipper: Coming Back to the Heart of Worship
  • Hand Me Another Brick
  • Enjoying Where You Are on the Way to Where You Are Going: Learning How to Live a Joyful Spirit-Led Life
  • Possessing the Gates of the Enemy: An Intercessionary Prayer Manual
  • The Prisoner in the Third Cell
Marked by boldness and passion, John Bevere delivers uncompromising truth through his award-winning curriculums and bestselling books, now in more than 60 languages, including "The Bait of Satan," "Drawing Near" and "Driven by Eternity." He is an international speaker and co-host of "The Messenger" TV program broadcast worldwide.

John enjoys living in Colorado Springs with his wife, Lisa, also a b
More about John Bevere...
The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense Under Cover: The Promise of Protection Under His Authority Driven by Eternity: Making Your Life Count Today & Forever The Fear of the Lord: Discover the Key to Intimately Knowing God (Inner Strength Series) Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God