Start by marking “Marketing Management” as Want to Read:
Marketing Management

Marketing Management

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  3,148 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
Stay on the cutting-edge with the gold standard text that reflects the latest in marketing theory and practice. Marketing Management is the gold standard marketing text because its content and organization consistently reflect the latest changes in today s marketing theory and practice. Remaining true to its gold-standard status, the fourteenth edition includes an overhaul ...more
Published February 18th 2011 by Prentice Hall (first published December 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Marketing Management, please sign up.

le_fino
This is the absolute bible of marketing end to end. A textbook in most business schools, even an autodidact like myself can learn an immense amount from this book. Probably great to read before an MBA and just if you want to understand how marketing is SUPPOSED to work (although sadly the real world rarely works as the authors describe).
Eric Herr
Nov 09, 2010 Eric Herr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a text book for my Master's degree. With that said, my four star rating is based upon text books, not all books I have read.

Marketing Management is a very well laid out and clear text book. There are multiple real-life examples in every chapter of marking strategies that different companies have used either successfully or unsuccessfully.

This is the 13th edition and is very up-to-date. It addresses many of the latest trends around viral marketing and utilization of web based social/busin
Ben Edwards
Mar 10, 2013 Ben Edwards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this book back when I was in school and it was a great introduction to marketing basics. I wouldn't recommend this being your only book about marketing, there are other ones that are more "hands on" that give you more specific case studies that translate marketing theory into actual results.

However it does introduce and explain many core marketing concepts and is a great place to start learning about how to get to know your customers and how to speak their language.
Donnie Corrêa
Feb 06, 2013 Donnie Corrêa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Philip Kotler is a genius, to begin with. Most people think marketing is the evil force behind their spending hands or the science behind making people spend their money on them. To break with this marketing notion is to truly bring it's colours to the surface as a science of matching need and offer. But Kotler only does this as a way to transcend that expectation.

Kotler concepts formal marketing as a tool for achieving a new marketing paradigm - more responsible and competent, more compassive a
Olethros
-Contenidos generalistas avanzados pero poco amistosos con el lector descuidado.-

Género. Ensayo.

Lo que nos cuenta. Aproximación al marketing, supuestamente desde posiciones decisorias, que se ha ido actualizando a lo largo de los años que han pasado desde su publicación (ha llovido mucho).

¿Quiere saber más de este libro, sin spoilers? Visite:

Pat
Sep 12, 2009 Pat rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
This is the worst textbook I have ever read. It takes 700+ pages to poorly define marketing buzz words while failing to provide anything of substance or utility. This is not a marketing textbook, it's a guide for communicating with other marketing people. There's more content in the 48-page marketing chapter of my performing arts management textbook than in this entire book.
Ahmed Adel
Sep 29, 2014 Ahmed Adel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i think it,s beautifully book
Fernanda La Salye

Quando a primeira edição deste livro foi publicada, em 1967, lançou conceitos inovadores que mudaram o modo como as pessoas viam o marketing. Quase 40 anos depois, na 12a edição, ele continua a surtir o mesmo efeito - tópicos como marketing holístico, brand equity e marketing experimental prometem fazer com que as pessoas invistam em uma perspectiva mais ampla e integrada do marketing.
É exatamente essa capacidade de antecipar tendências que faz de Administração de marketing o livro de referênci
Alessandro
Jul 08, 2010 Alessandro rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: learning
If the zombie apocalypse ever comes to pass, my weapon of choice would be Kotler & Ketler's Marketing Management book. It's a humongous heavy paperback that makes for an excellent blunt weapon. I can barely wait to squash some zombie's brains with it. It also contains very elegant writing and some gorgeous pictures. I wasn't the most dedicated student of management ever, but somehow I ended up reading this beast of a book twice. Marketing management, however, is not something you learn from ...more
Laknath wijesinghe
i am a student of SriLanka Institute of Marketing(SLIM) i want to read Kotler's Marketing Management Book(13th edition).
Figaro
Jan 05, 2009 Figaro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

For those who acknowledged him/herself as a management student should read this book.. very easy to understand and enrich your marketing knowledge from A to Z
Wala'a Ayoubi
Dec 15, 2012 Wala'a Ayoubi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Even it was a text book for me but it was amazing this book is my life it has every thing i may need in my marketing life :)
Hensi
Dec 09, 2007 Hensi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: management
This is the best marketing book that I ve ever read..
Khaled Mokhtar
Apr 27, 2013 Khaled Mokhtar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must have reference for people working or studying marketing.

The best.
Gunnjan Awasthi
May 12, 2014 Gunnjan Awasthi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I just fell in love with the author of this book in 2012 when I took admission in MBA(Marketing). When I read a book, what I do expect is whatever written inside should be interactive enough to get into my average I.Q brain. The Philip Kotler's marketing management book is the only book of my syllabus that I've read without yawning for a moment.

All the topics have been covered, every edition get updated so well that it leaves probably no topic of marketing. Moreover the examples that's been cite

Nandia Alegras
This is a book which I had the opportunity to read while I was doing my Erasmus semester in the University of Vienna. Having read many text books, i would say that I really enjoyed reading this particular one. It was easy to understand, no complicated meanings or vocabulary. I really learnt many useful stuff, and someone can get a certain view and clear understanding of the Marketing World and its contents.
Hesham Sabry
Jun 07, 2014 Hesham Sabry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best business book.This is still my personal reference in marketing after 11 years of being a marketer .His examples, the way of structuring the business plan and introducing the marketing concepts are extraordinary .It is a valuable asset for both MBA students and marketers .Just take your time in reading and try to disseminate knowledge with colleagues and friends .
Suresh Prajapati
I want soft copy of Marketing Management book and my mail id is " suresh.prajapati@icicilombard.com "
Nahla Medhat
Jul 23, 2012 Nahla Medhat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wanna read this book,, Philip Kotler is Great marketer Man who learned alot of people What's the importance of Marketing , how to manage it and it's effect of our economy .
Juveria
Aug 09, 2014 Juveria marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
have to make notes
Amol
Aug 09, 2015 Amol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a very ease to access any book any time. so that to save time...
Ylber
Sep 03, 2015 Ylber is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
its very nice
Vanessa Cabrera
i want to read this Philip Kotler marketing management book
Neal Tubigan
Jan 07, 2014 Neal Tubigan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: add
Ralph Miguel
good book, it really helps :D
Akhi
Oct 16, 2014 Akhi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
rretretretetertrete
Pallavi Bansod
Jun 02, 2016 Pallavi Bansod rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A bible for an MBA student!
Nikos Bar
Jan 21, 2017 Nikos Bar rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you wanna know about Marketing.
Dani
Sep 29, 2016 Dani rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i good responsed
  • Strategic Brand Management
  • Building Strong Brands
  • Strategy Safari: A Guided Tour Through The Wilds of Strategic Management
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service Into a World-Class Brand
  • The Practice of Management
  • Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance
  • Kellogg on Branding: The Marketing Faculty of the Kellogg School of Management
  • Economics of Strategy
  • Principles Of Corporate Finance
  • The Anatomy of Buzz: How to Create Word of Mouth Marketing
  • Organizations: Behavior, Structure, Processes
  • Exploring Corporate Strategy: 8th edition
  • Financial Management: Theory and Practice
  • Credibility: How Leaders Gain and Lose It, Why People Demand It
  • Operations Management For Competitive Advantage
  • Reengineering the Corporation: A Manifesto for Business Revolution (Collins Business Essentials)
  • Principles of Microeconomics
  • Organization Theory Design

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
Professor Kotler's book, Marketing Management, is the world's most widely used graduate level textbook in marketing. His other textbooks include Principles of Marketing and management: An Introduction and they are also widely used around the world.
Kotler developed new concepts in marketing including atmospherics, demarketing, megamarketing, turbomarketing and synchromarketing. He believes that mar
More about Philip Kotler...