Start by marking “Bunnicula Strikes Again! (Bunnicula, #6)” as Want to Read:
Bunnicula Strikes Again! (Bunnicula, #6)

Bunnicula Strikes Again! (Bunnicula #6)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  2,015 ratings  ·  58 reviews
When Bunnicula the rabbit starts acting strangely, the Monroe dogs and cat renew their suspicions that he is a vampire.
Published 2000 by Hodder Children's Books (first published June 23rd 1905)

To ask other readers questions about Bunnicula Strikes Again!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunnicula Strikes Again!

Myles
I know, I said I wouldn't read any further Bunnicula books after I finished rereading Return to Howliday Inn and the four other "original" Bunnicula books from my childhood. I knew. Continuity freaks.

But I couldn't avoid it. The book would just fall into my hands. Fall right into my hands from deep in the free shelf. Who am I to avoid fate?

The book was a bit of a stretch, involving as it did the serie's flagship character who never does anything at all except sleep or wrinkle his nose. This outi
Jolene Dretzka
Oct 24, 2014 Jolene Dretzka rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Amy Dutcher
I just found out that there was another installment in my childhood favorite book series & had to read it. I loved it. It brought the whole Chester is out to get Bunnicula storyline full circle. I love the way James Howe writes, he doesn't talk down to his readers & he has an amazing understanding of animals. I know there are a few more in the series I haven't read & can't wait to find them & devour them too. The best thing is that even for an adult like me who often sees plot tu ...more
hpboy13
After multiple adventures concerning murdered guests, talking skeletons, and deadly celery, this book returns to what the Bunnicula series is all about: Chester's fear of living with a vampiric bunny. By this point, we all know that Bunnicula is harmless and Chester is off his rocker, but the stakes are higher when Chester begins trying to actually kill Bunnicula.

Finally, we get to see Harold stand up to Chester - a glorious moment six books in the making. It was getting to the point where Harol
Christina
In the fifth installment of the Bunnicula series, Chester the cat once again believes that Bunnicula is a danger and must be dealt with. Yeah, sorry about ending the sentence with a preposition... Anyway, the old theater where Bunnicula was found is going to be torn down and Chester is convinced that Bunnicula is hiding out there, looking for his mother. As they chase down their hoppity friend, Chester, Harold and Howie run into some familiar faces from Chateau Bow-Wow. But they need to hurry an ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

After the Monroe family found Bunnicula in the movie theater, and all of the frenzy that came along with him, when they brought him home and things died down, normal is how Harold would describe their home. But just like what happened in the Adventures of Sherlock, Harold soon finds out that anything is subject to change. And tons of changes come his way.

Bunnicula seems to have lost all of "the sparkle in his eyes" and his ene
Ginta Harrigan
I loved "Bunnicula Strikes Again!" I am not sure but I think it is the second book in the series. It is a really good story told from the perspective of Harold the dog.

Personified animals are the main characters in the story. There is Harold the dog who tells the story; Chester the cat who is the antagonist in the story; Howie the puppy who is basically along for the ride; and Bunnicula the vampire rabbit.

The original Bunnicula involved Chester trying to prove that Bunnicula is a vampire rabbi
Cindi

The vampire bunny is back in another book about the Monroe family and their pets that include Bunnicula the rabbit, Chester the cat, Harold the adult dog and narrator of the story, and Howie the Dachshund puppy. Bunnicula Strikes Again is the sixth in a series of Bunnicula books.

Is this a story about an evil, blood-sucking rabbit? An imaginary tale of animals gone crazy? It seems to be a little of both. The animals of this story are smarter than the humans, or so they think, and have full-blown
Dolly
Mar 18, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read longer chapter books
We've been working our way slowly through the Bunnicula series by James Howe and our girls just love them. The stories are just scary enough, with endings that show that nothing was what it seemed and there was nothing to be frightened of after all.

This story takes us back to the origins of the first story: the Centerville Cinema. It's a landmark building and about to be destroyed. When Bunnicula disappears, Harold, Chester and Howie go on an a dangerous adventure to find him.

We enjoyed readin
Corinne
Remember Bunnicula? I read that one outloud a couple years ago. Now that we are finally settled into our new house, I gave myself some minutes for more readaloudtimes. My eight year old thought this one sounded good - probably because we had loved the first book so much.

Here is the problem: I can't even think of a plot to summarize for you. It's all the same characters with the addition of a rather hyperactive and charismatic dog whose antics did my make son laugh outloud on more than one occasi
Sandy Neal
Another recommendation as a gift for Christmas by a young, female bookstore employee. She steered me in the right direction because I really enjoyed this story. I recommend it for the child in your life!
Bren
Awesome

if your reading this you should get it it is awesome e I can't believe they made this book get it now

Kaethe
As much as I enjoy the other animal characters in the series, it's a delight to see Bunnicula in a starring role again. Silly vampire bunny.
H.L. Stephens
Loved these books when I was a kid. Tempted to get the set and reread them again.
Khawlah
Another fun read from a period in my childhood that impacted my reading a lot.
Abby :}
Yes, I am a teenaged girl reading 'Bunnicula'.
I got this sent to me by a friend overseas, because we have a mutual love for rabbits. Never seen this series in Australian stores, so i probably wont read any more. But It took me half an hour to read this, and the whole time I was being stared at by my own bunny..
All I could think of was:
"CARROT JUICE?! YOU FEED HIM CARROT JUICE?!"
.. And then I wondered if he was fed anything else, other than that.
N.P. Harper
Fun and silly, little book, to follow on from the first book.
Christa
Reading this book as an adult, after I had read the rest of the series as a child, or young adult, obviously I have a different view. First, I read it in much less time. I had forgotten some of the original story which this book goes back to. Some of the other characters from previous books I did not remember. But I can still quote the part about the dog food survey.
Looly
Another fun read from a period in my childhood that impacted my reading a lot.
Rebecca Heywood
Another read with Melanie. Not impressed with this one. The concept was a good idea, but how they solved it was lazy. Never told how they escaped and the whole reason behind Chester's motives were sloppy. The reason behind Bunnicula getting sick was pretty weak as well. Not nearly as good as the first book.
Kate
Made for a perfect Readathon listen! Victor Garber is a wonderful narrator! I swear, I may be 36, but the writing is still funny. It's nice to re-read childhood favorites and have them still live up to your memory of them. ;)
Alyssa
this book i can't particularly remember. it was interesting though. i believe it was about his fettish for vegetable juice but it's hard to tell. but i would say that this is a good addition to the series.
Nicole
i really liked this book is great it was like a master peace
i think that it was a mystrey and a fiction mixed togethere
my point it that i really enjoyed this book !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew
Continuing the series here. My boys and I love these books. They're really fun. Chester's crazy antics were a little hard to follow in this one, but it was still a really fun read.
Leslie
We enjoy the humor in these series - sometimes it's unbelievably corny and then other times quite hilarious. It's been good for our kids to understand jokes that are a play on words.
Katherine
I haven't read this one, it is the newer addition to the series. We got busy with the holidays and haven't had a chance to read at night lately, but we will have to read this one!
Skylar Burris
My daughter seemed to enjoy this as much as the others, though I found the ending to be a bit of a let down; a mystery is built up and never really resolved. Quite funny in parts.
Taylor Troncin
I remember when I finally found this book - I had not realized it had come out but I still loved it (despite the big gap between the years I read other books in the series).
Shelley
It's always fun to read a book with the girls that they really enjoy. They're already talking about checking out another one! I loved this series as a kid, too.
Paula Lyle
Loved this book too. A lot of kids in my class have dug through the bins and found all the others I have. It's great to see so many students excited by reading.
Bella
I thought it was very good. I started a week from today and i finished today. I haven't taken a test yet but I am Going to tomorrow!!!This book was AWESOME!!!
  • The Best Halloween Ever (The Herdmans #3)
  • The Mystery of the Cupboard (The Indian in the Cupboard, #4)
  • Socks
  • The Animal Shelter Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #22)
  • Who Was Jackie Robinson?
  • Chester Cricket's New Home
  • It's a Dog's Life (McGrowl #2)
  • Mouse Bird Snake Wolf
  • Wonderful Alexander and the Catwings (Catwings, #3)
  • Trouble According to Humphrey (According to Humphrey, #3)
  • My Teacher Flunked the Planet (My Teacher is an Alien, #4)
  • Mary Anne and the Secret in the Attic (Baby-Sitters Club Mystery, #5)
  • Stay!: Keeper's Story
  • The Book of Lost Things (Mister Max #1)
  • The Last Basselope: One Ferocious Story
  • Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies
  • Encyclopedia Brown Carries On (Encyclopedia Brown, #14)

James Howe has written more than eighty books in the thirty-plus years he's been writing for young readers. It sometimes confuses people that the author of the humorous Bunnicula series also wrote the dark young adult novel, The Watcher, or such beginning reader series as Pi
More about James Howe...

Bunnicula (7 books)
  • Bunnicula
  • Howliday Inn
  • The Celery Stalks at Midnight (Bunnicula, #3)
  • Nighty-Nightmare (Bunnicula, #4)
  • Return to Howliday Inn (Bunnicula, #5)
  • Bunnicula Meets Edgar Allan Crow (Bunnicula, #7)
Bunnicula Howliday Inn The Celery Stalks at Midnight (Bunnicula, #3) The Misfits (The Misfits, #1) Totally Joe (The Misfits, #2)