Calder Born, Calder Bred

Calder Born, Calder Bred (Calder Saga #4)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  709 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Ty Calder was a stranger to the mighty empire that was his legacy -- the ranchlands that rose to meet the Montana skies. He learned the ways of ranch life from young Jessy, who knew the land her own heart.
But Ty worshiped dark, glamorous Tara, scion of the new "corporate West," of vast power and big money. Tara lured Ty on, greedy to be mistress of the Calder kingdom. Yet...more
Published February 1st 2011 by Pocket Books (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Calder Born, Calder Bred, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Calder Born, Calder Bred

Avidreader
Wow so far Ty is the worst calder in my opinion. Found this calder a bit on the weak and gullible side. Just had no patience to his willful blindness when it came to Tara.
Dana
Ty Calder was not brought up on Calder land. He has had to learn the ways of ranch life. One of those more than willing to teach him is Jessy. Jessy is a tomboy who has grown up on the land and can and will do anything any man can do.

Ty is determined to go off to university and learn about agriscience and new ways of ranching. There he meets Tara, beautiful and wise in the ways of business and politics.

The ranch needs some influx of capital. Will Ty, lured on by Tara agree to let the coal be min...more
Nancy
I read the whole Calder series a few years back after reading one of the newer ones and realizing it was part of a series. I enjoyed them all for the most part; was surprised when a couple of the heroes were killed off in their stories. This book sticks out in my mind because I always thought that the song "I'm Not That Girl" from Wicked was perfectly Jessy's song when Ty is infatuated with Tara.
Mary
Started reading this series in the 80's. I think the last one was published just a couple of years ago. I've enjoyed them all, especially the early ones set in the old west. The newer one's are contemporary. It follows a large ranch owning family through the generations.
Ginny
I actually read an early edition but couldn't find a listing for it. I went through a Janet Daily phase when the kids were young and I really enjoyed the Calder Saga. Daily has added to it over the years and I always enjoy visiting with the Calder's again.
Pamela
What can you say about a character like Ty Calder. Rugged, Handsome, and all man. He just needs to get his priorities right. A great series,set in beautiful Montana.
Sally Witt
The characters are so strong and complete. Really good story!
Deborah
I liked that this book was part of a series.
Dana Martin
Dana Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Anzia Taylor
Anzia Taylor marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Claudius Madhava
Claudius Madhava marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2014
Dianne Caspell
Dianne Caspell is currently reading it
Aug 23, 2014
Debbie Jones
Debbie Jones marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
  • Shattered (Bitter Creek, #8)
  • Heart Earth
  • Texas! Chase (Texas! Tyler Family Saga, #2)
  • The Log of a Cowboy: A Narrative of the Old Trail Days
  • Luke (Louisiana Gentleman #2)
  • Vegas Rich (Vegas, #1)
  • The Cadence of Grass
  • The Good Old Boys
  • Come the Morning (Graham, #1)
  • Capture the Night
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettrick Men, #3) (McKettricks, #8)
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme...more
More about Janet Dailey...
This Calder Sky (Calder Saga #3) This Calder Range (Calder Saga #1) Calder Pride (Calder Saga #5) Stands A Calder Man (Calder Saga #2) Green Calder Grass (Calder Saga #6)