Start by marking “Lou Reed: The Biography” as Want to Read:
Lou Reed: The Biography

Lou Reed: The Biography

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Paperback
Published November 16th 1995 by Vintage (first published October 20th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Lou Reed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lou Reed

James Newman
Raw, honest, rock biography featuring perhaps the 20th century's most inventive original song-writer - Lou Reed. Bockris who had factory connections and hung out with William Burroughs during the bunker years was probably the best choice to pen this biography. If you like rock and roll, drugs, strange sex action and moutains of pills, thrills and bellyaches you can't go much wronger than this 'un.
Albert
Before I started this book, I was already fairly knowledgable about Lou Reed, growing up a huge fan of The Velvet Underground and a fairweathered fan of his solo work, and having read multiple periodicals at the time of my youthful discovery. Also, I had read the Keith Richards bio by Bockris as well and for some reason, that book made me leary of any of Bockris' other works, except his collaborative effort with Gerard Malanga "Uptight" that was the main source of my Velvets and Lou Reed informa ...more
Nigeyb
I read this in the 1990s (and write this in 2014).

I cannot remember much about it - only that I really enjoyed it.

RIP Lou.
Steve
The key to this book is the clear direction of a man who new where he wanted to go. Over look the path, this is a book about anyone who wants to get to a specif place in this life. If you want to be a Rock Star, a politician or anyone, this a a book about how to do it... Its just happens to be about Lou Reed...
Marc Goldstein
just ok. long on gossip and short on musical insight. details of reed's personal life were intriguing. but the book lacked perspective on reed's influence and importance. prose was readable, workmanlike.
Kiof
a friend of mine was telling me he thought the world would be better if lou reed never existed. he might be right.
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Lucille
Lucille marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
naz
naz marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
David Beebe
David Beebe marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Teddi
Teddi marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Jude
Jude marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Ryan Narikawa
Ryan Narikawa marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Zakalwe
Zakalwe marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Zack Hamingson
Zack Hamingson marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Lauren Greenwood
Lauren Greenwood marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2015
Victoria Garcia
Victoria Garcia marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Is this the same book as Transformer? 1 2 Dec 23, 2013 11:01PM
Is this the same book as Transformer? 1 1 Dec 23, 2013 11:01PM
Keith Richards: The Biography The Life And Death Of Andy Warhol Up-Tight: The Velvet Underground Story Transformer: The Lou Reed Story What's Welsh for Zen: The Autobiography of John Cale