Start by marking “Reckless Night in Rio” as Want to Read:
Reckless Night in Rio

Reckless Night in Rio

3.52  ·  Rating Details  ·  472 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
""All you need to do is... pretend to love me.""The task should be easy for Laura Parker-- after all, Gabriel Santos is outrageously good-looking, it's for one night only and he is offering her a million dollars....

There are just three things to consider, however:

1. They've already had one steamy, unforgettable night together in Rio.

2. Laura's been in love with Gabriel eve
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Night in Rio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Night in Rio

Saly
Reckless Night in Rio was a good HP. Laura the heroine had loved her boss for 5 years, they spent a night together and Laura left and gave birth to their child. It has been 15 months when Gabriel walks back into her life. He needs her for a deal, she agrees since she needs the money. Pretty dramatic and the characters were good though I had hoped Laura had told him the truth earlier. Gabriel was not bad, just too driven because of the past and the mistakes he made when he was a teenager. Good bo ...more
Jenny
Jan 08, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Once again I wasn't disappointed AT ALL. I loved this book from start to finish, very sexy, passionate, sad and romantic all in once! The way Gabriel and Laura come to their relationship so damaged and then through their connection, each change for the better was beautiful! Gabriel had to fight a lot of demons. He was so lost and empty my heart ached for him. The way Laura's love and his son saved him was such a pleasure to read.

The HEA here is great. All Jeannie Lucas books have a brilliant an
Booklover
This was a good read,Gabrielle-Laura are both great characters,Laura is a sweet warm selfless strong woman,she taught Gabriel to love,forgive and believe in miracles,I was really glad before getting married Laura told the truth and Gabrielle is so determined to do justice and has convinced himself he does'nt deserve a family that he does'nt even allows himself to think he might have fathered Robby,but then Laura's determination to make Gabrielle believe in love and miracles that her love wins, e ...more
Leona
Apr 19, 2012 Leona rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hqn-presents
This was a fast, light, entertaining read. It lacked the emotional depth and treacherous angst that could have made the story more powerful and kicked it up to a five star read. Some of what happened really wasn't credible..like leaving immediately for Rio or her Mother casually breaking the "baby news" to Rio. The epilogue was good and helped to save it. I think this author has written some better books....
RLA
Jul 16, 2011 RLA rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The heroine Laura is shocked when her former boss Gabriel, the hero, turns up at her sisters wedding. They parted company nearly two years ago after they spent the night together. Laura had been in love with Gabriel for 5 years and was devastated when he shunned her the next day, and went back home never telling Gabriel she had his baby. Gabriel let Laura go as he felt she deserved more than he could ever give her but he hasn't been able to stop thinking about her. Now, Gabriel is in the middle ...more
Alexis-Morgan Roark
Lynsey A
Suprisingly, I did not enjoy this Jennie Lucas as much as I normally do. I'm not sure why. Perhaps the overall story seemed ridiculous. However, I did like the book and the characters. At least there wasn't a big blow up about the secret child. For Gabriel, he never wanted kids because he didn't think he deserved them so he was more concerned about hurting his child.

The ending was very cute.
Tawnya
Nov 06, 2013 Tawnya rated it really liked it
A new spin on a secret baby story and well worth reading! Gabriel actually had to be convinced multiple times that Robby was his. And maybe what I loved best is Laura standing up for herself and her son and refusing to marry because Gabriel felt it was his duty. She wanted love for her son and herself and nothing less would do.
Tonya Warner
Jul 27, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it it was amazing
Laura is caught out by her former boss, and one-time, one time lover, Gabriel. He wants to hire her for a day to pose as his mistress. Finding out she now has an infant son, he is willing to accept her, but wants nothing to do with the baby. Never does he realize, that baby is his OWN son.

Very sweet and sexy.
Roub
Nov 30, 2014 Roub rated it liked it
the book lost 2 stars as i wished gabriel was not so emotionally crippled! but dat made for an intense read. the sex was above the charts! gabriel was very obviously head over heels over laura, it took some time but he got there.
Nonieღserenity2bliss
Nov 18, 2011 Nonieღserenity2bliss rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-b
I really like the author's style of writing. Will definitely check out her other books ;)
Su
Sep 29, 2015 Su rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Too cheesy.
Danielle
Hanife
Bu yorum aynı zamanda Romancekolikte yayınlanmıştır.

Rating; 3.5/5

Hikayenin başı güzeldi. Değişik bir başlangıç olmuş. Bu tip konulara göre adam şak diye çocuğunu tanıyamaması, oraya farklı bir sebepten gelip kadına teklifte bulunması kurguları güzeldi. Ama ne zamanki adamın niyetlendiği oyunu oynamaya başladılar nedense kitabın benim nezlimce temposu düştü. Başında beş verebileceğim bir kitabı üç buçuk gibi bir puan vererek bitirdim. Bunda ki etkenleride pek anlayamadım. Erkek karakterin laflar
Sonotjade
I've got to admit and this might be pretty shallow of me but the main reason I gave this book a three star was mainly because of the pool party scene. I know, I know, how could I base a whole review on it but hear me out!

I've read that book last year and that whole scene just stuck to me... And even before I was faced with the book again I could have described you that part of the book.

A woman had just stepped out of the mansion, and was coming down the stairs from the upper terrace toward the
Rie_dominique
Jun 09, 2011 Rie_dominique rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Dibayar 1 juta dollar semalam buat pura-pura jatuh cinta sama milliuner ganteng keturunan latino and no sex?? Dimana tempat pendaftarannya nih, saya juga mau ikutan! Hahahaha...

Secara keseluruhan ceritanya lumayan juga sih. apalagi waktu Laura memutuskan bahwa harga untuk mendapatkan dirinya dan anaknya bukanlah berupa uang tetapi cinta. Sedangkan Gabriel merasa bahwa ia tidak akan pernah jatuh cinta dan menolak untuk memiliki keluarga dan anak karena trauma dengan kejadian dimasa lalunya yang m
Diane
Jul 14, 2011 Diane rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
this book....where do i begin? first of all, it had the dreaded secret baby theme. second of all, the "hero" shows up and whisks the heoine off to rio; she takes the time to pack for the baby but wears her pink bridesmaid dress on the plane? and how in the world is a 6 month old baby even traveling? since she is so poor and in the u.s., is she supposed to have shelled out good money for a child's passport when she had no job? and i don't think even a billionaire can get a passport at a day's not ...more
Shardallinee
I really liked it. Sweet romance story with a bit of a drama kicked in. Not too much though.

The story itself moved along nicely without draging and characters were likeable - once they sorted out their problems of course. ;)
Louise
May 22, 2015 Louise rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Where do I start, this book was brilliant! The story had me gripped from page 1, although this is a short book the booked is packed and you feel like there is a good connection to the characters, wold definitely recommend this book to fellow book readers.
Kobie
Oct 04, 2014 Kobie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
why do women still slap men in these books? yuck. at the end of ch 11 the h did something that didn't make sense. it sorta ruined it for me.
Bethany
Jul 22, 2015 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book he was demanding but she had a backbone and did not just do what he wanted!!
Vikas Rawat
Dec 07, 2014 Vikas Rawat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it but the male protagonist seriously lacked something to be called a hero....
Angel_nadale
how do I get to read this book
Denika Ottley
Aug 14, 2015 Denika Ottley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read on and off in approx 10 hours.
Kate
Jul 22, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty average HP with the secret baby theme.

The heroine doesn't want to tell the hero that he baby is his (he thinks she had another lover after him), yet she gets angry that he doesn't seem to look at the child with the longing eyes of a father. Well, he doesn't think the kid is his! Tell him the truth, and maybe he'll be a bit more responsive. Argh!
Thenia
Jul 09, 2011 Thenia rated it liked it
I have no idea why I read this one! My only excuse is that the description intrigued me.

Sappy as can be, romantic and predictable and a little sloppily-written, too, but still, I think I enjoyed it. I blame it on hormones and being awake for more than 36 hours straight and the heat - you can always blame things on the heat!
Alexandra
Aug 07, 2013 Alexandra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice and short read though i have to say if i were in the heroine's shoes i would never accept such a selfish , shallow individual , especially upon finding out that he had a child he said he couldn't love him and he treated him merely as an inconvenience . Even if he ultimately redeemed himself , it didn't seem convincing .
Joanne
Sep 26, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love category romance and I really loved this book. Lots of sizzle and an engaging story.

In today's world, I think it's hard(er) to have convincing reasons for a secret baby plot. I do think Jennie has done a terrific job with a believable plot.
Aline
For a second it had me thinking it might be original and have a happy ending, should've known I'd be wrong :p I can read a story like this once, but I don't think I even will again. If it wasn't for my popular genres class, I wouldn't have anyway :p
Nina
Sep 06, 2012 Nina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
would love a follow up book on this i completely loved it and went into my own fantasy world i am sure a lot of people could say the same thing lol loved it read it more than once but then again i do not kiss and tell hahahahahahahahaha!
  • Behind the Palace Walls
  • Scandal: Unclaimed Love-Child
  • His Unknown Heir
  • Dante: Claiming His Secret Love-Child (Orisini Brothers, #2)
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • Prince of Scandal
  • Her Last Night of Innocence
  • Bought for Marriage
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • The Billionaire's Pregnant Mistress (Petronides Brothers Duo #1; Greek Tycoons #4)
  • The Sarantos Secret Baby
  • The Greek Tycoon's Disobedient Bride
  • An Offer She Can't Refuse
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere ...more
More about Jennie Lucas...