Start by marking “The End of Faking It” as Want to Read:
The End of Faking It

The End of Faking It (His Very Personal Assistant #1)

A teenage romance-turned-nightmare has taught Penny Fairburn that faking it is the only way to go. It's not until she's asked to assist gorgeous Carter Dodds in her office that she discovers how wrong she's been!Carter can have any woman on a plate, and likes the smorgasbord approach! But after some scorching nights with Penny, "no-strings" Carter has changed his tune--Pen ...more
Published July 5th 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The End of Faking It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The End of Faking It

Saly
The book didn't work for me, atleast the first part, the heroine blows hot and cold and the hero even calls her a tease, she dresses provocatively and dances too much, yeah we do get hints that she has issues about getting in too deep and hurting people so she keeps it simple, but this may work for a guy with me but not a heroine I guess, or maybe it was the way she behaved, she dances with the hero then so many other guys and wonders why the hero left and didn't wait for her?
Then they talk abou
Kate
Jun 18, 2011 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall rating - 3.5 stars

I had a hard time getting into this book at first because of the heroine switches so quickly between hot and cold -- so much so that the hero accuses her of being a tease. Once they finally get together (about half way through), I began enjoying it. I liked their frank and honest talk about sex (the title is referring to the heroine's history of faking it), and the resolution scene at the airport was sweet and romantic without being saccharine.
RLA
Jul 16, 2011 RLA rated it it was amazing
UK RIVA edition

The hero Carter has agreed to help an old family friend find the employee responsible for stealing company money, and when he find the heroine Penny working late he thinks it's her. After this misunderstanding is cleared up he starts to notice Penny. There is an immediate spark between them but Penny is reluctant to get involved with Carter, she is always in control when it comes to her trysts and recognises that Carter is not the type to let go of control. Penny is still haunted
Bungluna
Mar 19, 2014 Bungluna rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: category
Several reviews here point out shortcomings with the heroine of this book. For me, it was the hero that didn't work. (view spoiler) ...more
Tonya Warner
Jul 27, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it liked it
Penny does not want love. Sex, yes, but she does not feel she deserves love. Carter is willing, at first, to take Penny up on her no-strings affair, but he decides he wants strings, love, and everything else to do with Penny.
Diane
Jul 14, 2011 Diane rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hp, romance, contemporary
i've decided to be a lot more critical of the hp books i read. it takes forever into the book to find out why the heroine is the love 'em and leave 'em type. the book is better than some i've read lately but not worth a re-read
Amanda
Aug 24, 2011 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked this book..I just had to know what happened when she was a teenager..they wait till almost end of the book to tell you though.lol.. I like how the H can read her so easily..
Tracie
Good story that kept me engaged. I would have liked to have known the reason why the heroine had issues a bit earlier.
*Mo0sHaLuTz*
3.5!!!!
Anna
Aug 29, 2015 Anna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I realy loved loved loved loved it.
Ada
Apr 13, 2015 Ada rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
aaawww!!
Dana
May 30, 2012 Dana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012-read
I would have given this book a better rating if I didn't fall asleep in the beginning. The beginning of the book is BORING, the end was great!
Sas
Sas rated it liked it
May 22, 2012
Hanh-Uyen
Hanh-Uyen rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2012
Noor Zaila
Noor Zaila rated it really liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Chloe
Chloe rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2013
Sabrina Rincon
Sabrina Rincon rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2013
Charan
Charan rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2011
Shanelle
Shanelle rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2014
Valeria
Valeria rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Julie-ann
Julie-ann rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2011
LLCSpokane
LLCSpokane rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Amanda Grooms
Amanda Grooms rated it really liked it
Aug 12, 2012
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: His Very Personal Assistant
Fay
Fay rated it really liked it
Feb 16, 2013
Cenaida
Cenaida rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2013
Emma
Emma rated it it was ok
Jul 02, 2011
Stace
Stace rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2012
Jacquie
Jacquie rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2011
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »

USA TODAY bestseller Natalie Anderson writes fun, frisky, feels-good contemporary romance for Harlequin Mills & Boon, Entangled Publishing and independently. With over thirty books published, she's also been a Romantic Times Award nominee & a finalist for the R*BY (
More about Natalie Anderson...

His Very Personal Assistant (2 books)
  • Her Not-So-Secret Diary