Start by marking “A Perfect Gentleman” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Gentleman

A Perfect Gentleman

Viscount Aubrey "Stony" Wellstone is at the end of his rope-and the end of his family's once-great fortune. Desperate, he tries his luck at the gaming tables, where an offer to exchange his debts for a gentlemanly favor leads to a profitable new profession...as an "honorable escort" accompanying the cream of the ton. The fiercely independent, flame-tressed Miss Ellianne Ka ...more
Published October 5th 2004 by Signet (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Gentleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Gentleman

A Week to Be Wicked by Tessa DareRomancing the Duke by Tessa DareLord of Scoundrels by Loretta ChaseThe Unknown Ajax by Georgette HeyerWhen a Scot Ties the Knot by Tessa Dare
Funny Romances Set in Regency or Victorian England
45th out of 118 books — 16 voters
Shiver by Maggie StiefvaterLinger by Maggie StiefvaterForever by Maggie StiefvaterWinter's Child by Cameron DokeyThe Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
"Grace"
66th out of 102 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

skein
Oct 03, 2015 skein rated it liked it
Metzger writes zero dirty scenes (as my cousin once delicately phrased it, "no spreading before the wedding") but there are pages and pages of clever innuendo, creative swearing, swollen ladybits and tight trousers. fucking adorable -- without the fucking.
Jan Ryan
Jul 19, 2015 Jan Ryan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A LAUGH A MINUTE

As usual a great book. A wonderful mystery, with drama, comedy, suspense and clean old fashioned romance. You will LAUGH out loud over the antics of our hero. He is charming, handsome,, kind and industrious. The heroine is beautiful, sweet, kind, independent and smart. The other characters are well developed also. You will never waste your money on this author, she. Has been one of. My favorites for years, I only wish there were more books I have not read by her.
Courtney
Sep 01, 2014 Courtney rated it it was ok
I found this at a thrift store and since I've never read the author I thought I would give it a try.

It was okay except for a few points.

1. Absolutely no heat. It was a closed door romance / blush romance. Since I haven't read this author before I didn't know what to expect in terms of heat. The characters did have 'naughty' thoughts, but we didn't get any (for lack of a better phrase) culmination to the naughtiness.

2. I was slightly annoyed at the premise on the back {of the book} being misle
Kathleen
Oct 27, 2012 Kathleen rated it liked it
Maybe 4.0 stars. Almost. It's suspenseful, sexy, and grim.
suzi
Mar 24, 2015 suzi rated it liked it
I love the hero! Perfect but with a very ridicioulous flaw. I love the spunky heroine too. Alas, it isn't my favorite type of romance story where the attraction seems to be largely physical. At least, it seems that way to me.
Susan
Tara
Dec 06, 2009 Tara rated it it was ok
I found this book on a clean romance shelf but found it was not what I would call clean. It wasn’t "R" rated by any means but it was a little too much for me. The story was good and an overall fun read but the sexual references were just getting worse as the book went on. I never finished the book so my two star rating is a little unfair but as for the "clean romance title" I would not have put it on the shelf!
Gmc
Aug 25, 2013 Gmc rated it really liked it
Viscount Aubrey "Stone" Wellstone Inherited a bankrupt title and a mountain of debts. Then one night after loosing at the gaming tables he gets an offer to cancel the his marker. The catch is must serve as escort to the lords Sister in law.
Ellianne Kane's little sister has disappeared from London and Elli will do anything to find her including hiring "A Perfect Gentleman" to help search for her.
Jane
Nov 03, 2010 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2010
Metzger's books are always fun to read and this was no exception. There is something about the tone of her books that I seem to find enjoyable. If you have ever watched Whose Line is it Anyway where they say and 'the points don't really matter', in this book the mystery's don't really matter but they are nice and add plot to the story.
Alexa
Mar 22, 2013 Alexa rated it it was ok
Shelves: fab-13
The first half is an amusing set-up for a quite unusual regency romance, but the second half just kind of fizzles away. Still, a pleasant read.
Cathleen
May 14, 2010 Cathleen rated it it was ok
it was on my shelf so i read it..not so good..maybe it was all the old english wording
Ririn
Apr 28, 2012 Ririn rated it liked it
3.75 stars.
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 Sylvia rated it liked it
Regency
Mags Kunz
Mags Kunz rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
katie
katie marked it as to-read
Sep 13, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Lisa Jo
Lisa Jo marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Ab17
Ab17 added it
Jul 13, 2016
Jess
Jess added it
Jun 06, 2016
Cheryl Scott
Cheryl Scott rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2016
Angelina
Angelina marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Nora
Nora rated it liked it
May 26, 2016
R G V
R G V rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Ilex
Ilex rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
neil yeoman
neil yeoman rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Oct 25, 2015 08:58AM
  • Imprudent Lady
  • A Regency Christmas Eve
  • Emily and the Dark Angel (Lovers and Ladies, #4)
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • Fool's Masquerade
  • Three Lords for Lady Anne
  • The Bargain
  • Miss Milton Speaks Her Mind
  • Christmas Beau
  • The English Witch (Trevelyan Family, #2)
  • Lord Roworth's Reward (Rothschild Trilogy, #2)
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Runaway Heiress (The Odd-Sock Hunt Club, #2)
Barbara Metzger is the author of over three dozen books and a dozen novellas. She has also been an editor, a proof-reader, a greeting card verse-writer, and an artist. When not painting, writing romances or reading them, she volunteers at the local library, gardens and goes beach-combing and yard-saling.

Her novels, mostly set in Regency-era England, have won numerous awards, including the Romance
More about Barbara Metzger...