Start by marking “A Perfect Gentleman” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Gentleman
Preview

A Perfect Gentleman

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Viscount Aubrey "Stony" Wellstone is at the end of his rope-and the end of his family's once-great fortune. Desperate, he tries his luck at the gaming tables, where an offer to exchange his debts for a gentlemanly favor leads to a profitable new profession...as an "honorable escort" accompanying the cream of the ton. The fiercely independent, flame-tressed Miss Ellianne Ka ...more
Published October 5th 2004 by Signet (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Gentleman, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Gentleman

Courtney
I found this at a thrift store and since I've never read the author I thought I would give it a try.

It was okay except for a few points.

1. Absolutely no heat. It was a closed door romance / blush romance. Since I haven't read this author before I didn't know what to expect in terms of heat. The characters did have 'naughty' thoughts, but we didn't get any (for lack of a better phrase) culmination to the naughtiness.

2. I was slightly annoyed at the premise on the back {of the book} being misle
suzi
I love the hero! Perfect but with a very ridicioulous flaw. I love the spunky heroine too. Alas, it isn't my favorite type of romance story where the attraction seems to be largely physical. At least, it seems that way to me.
Tara
I found this book on a clean romance shelf but found it was not what I would call clean. It wasn’t "R" rated by any means but it was a little too much for me. The story was good and an overall fun read but the sexual references were just getting worse as the book went on. I never finished the book so my two star rating is a little unfair but as for the "clean romance title" I would not have put it on the shelf!
Gmc
Viscount Aubrey "Stone" Wellstone Inherited a bankrupt title and a mountain of debts. Then one night after loosing at the gaming tables he gets an offer to cancel the his marker. The catch is must serve as escort to the lords Sister in law.
Ellianne Kane's little sister has disappeared from London and Elli will do anything to find her including hiring "A Perfect Gentleman" to help search for her.
Jane
Metzger's books are always fun to read and this was no exception. There is something about the tone of her books that I seem to find enjoyable. If you have ever watched Whose Line is it Anyway where they say and 'the points don't really matter', in this book the mystery's don't really matter but they are nice and add plot to the story.
Alexa
The first half is an amusing set-up for a quite unusual regency romance, but the second half just kind of fizzles away. Still, a pleasant read.
Cathleen
it was on my shelf so i read it..not so good..maybe it was all the old english wording
Kathleen
Maybe 4.0 stars. Almost. It's suspenseful, sexy, and grim.
Salla Leppänen
Salla Leppänen marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2015
Bibliothekerin
Bibliothekerin marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Julie Croce
Julie Croce marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
A.
A. added it
Sep 13, 2014
Leah
Leah added it
Aug 26, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Imprudent Lady
  • Once Upon a Christmas (Nobody, #2)
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • Emily and the Dark Angel (Lovers and Ladies, #4)
  • Fool's Masquerade
  • Three Lords for Lady Anne
  • Miss Milton Speaks Her Mind
  • Miss Lacey's Last Fling
  • A Regency Christmas Carol
  • The Tenacious Miss Tamerlane
  • Mr. Malcolm's List
  • The Weaver Takes a Wife (Weaver, #1)
  • The Scandalous Marriage (Regency Royal, #20) (Dukes & Desires, #7)
  • Boots Under Her Bed
  • Reynold de Burgh: The Dark Knight (de Burgh, #6)
  • The Phantom Lover
  • The Governess and Mr. Granville (The Parson's Daughters, #2)
  • Fortune's Bride (Royal Dynasty, #4)
Barbara Metzger is the author of over three dozen books and a dozen novellas. She has also been an editor, a proof-reader, a greeting card verse-writer, and an artist. When not painting, writing romances or reading them, she volunteers at the local library, gardens and goes beach-combing and yard-saling.

Her novels, mostly set in Regency-era England, have won numerous awards, including the Romance
More about Barbara Metzger...
Miss Lockharte's Letters A Worthy Wife Snowdrops and Scandalbroth (Regency Romance) Ace of Hearts (House of Cards #1) Wedded Bliss