Start by marking “Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails—One Drink at a Time” as Want to Read:
Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails—One Drink at a Time

Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails—One Drink at a Time

4.33  ·  Rating Details  ·  84 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Remember jello shots of days of yore? They're all grown up, and are sporting a sophisticated new look! "Jelly Shots" are classic cocktails reinvented as sassy, gelatin shots--perfect, jewel-like squares, sans cup, which any adult would be proud to serve at their next dinner party.From Cosmopolitans, Tequila Sunrises, and Mojitos to Gimlets and Chocolate Martinis, Jelly Sho ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about Jelly Shot Test Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jelly Shot Test Kitchen

Aug 30, 2011 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: how-to
Phenomenal! I made about 10 of the jello shots in this book, 8 boozey and 2 non-boozey. The directions are easy to understand and the pictures are amazing. I cannot function with a cook book without pictures.

I haven't tried any of the special effects (gradients, checkerboard, etc.) beyond basic layering, so I'm not sure how easy those directions are but overall- great addition for anyone looking for fun ideas for parties.
Robert
Oct 21, 2015 Robert rated it really liked it
Our favorite college party treat is updated with sophistication. Every picture in this splendid little book is lovely, and every recipe is surprisingly simple. Could you ever imagine popping an "Old Fashioned" jello shot into your mouth? Or a "Margarita?" How about a "Black Russian?" Mmmm...these little naughty treats not only look delicious, but look fantastic.
Tamera
Feb 17, 2016 Tamera rated it it was amazing
Love this book! Recipes use knox jello rather than boxed jello, and sometimes you have to make your own syrups. The author includes some substitues if you can't make the syrups yourself. I have had great success with most of the recipes, and they really do taste like the true drinks. The Whiskey Sour was especially popular with the men, and the Mojito and Margarita were excellent. I made Hurricane shots for the New Orleans football game, and I think they were authentic - however, no one in our g ...more
Autumn
Dec 09, 2011 Autumn rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks, funny, crafts
Completely amusing guide to making really impressive Jello shots. My G&T shots turned out great. This is right up there with the gourmet popsicle books and Cake Pops for impressing your friends at parties. Perhaps better, because it involves alcohol.
Seana
Jan 11, 2012 Seana rated it it was amazing
Just ordered this gem, can't wait to make some fun stuff for the holidays!
Kimmae
Oct 03, 2012 Kimmae rated it it was amazing
Five stars because this is the only source of this much detail on beautiful and tasty jelly shots not to be confused with jello shots which is what you had in college and don't require an actual recipe. These can require quite a bit of work and last minute attention to detail or there are simpler recipes as well as recipes without alcohol. While you can invest in many molds for shapes, the shots can also be just made square or in silicon ice cube trays. The well-written, well-tested recipes incl ...more
Unwisely
Apr 28, 2013 Unwisely rated it really liked it
It's hard to rate cookbooks, particularly specialty ones. However I have renewed this book to the limits of the library and finally ordered a copy for myself. It's just so ridiculous. But if you want yummy, grown up jello shots, this is the book. I do wish there was an index by ingredient, so you could say, what do I do with the vanilla vodka I for some reason have, but otherwise, it gives techniques for making they pretty. (And they're good. I've now made four recipes - one was from the blog, w ...more
Nandi
Jul 18, 2014 Nandi rated it it was amazing
Quick and easy, and definitely inspirational for possible dishes for picnics or events.
Jane Dugger
Sep 08, 2011 Jane Dugger rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-books-read
This is a beautiful book. It was the hallelujah chorus to my visual soul.

Alas, I did not try any of the recipes. I must admit I subscribe to the drink philosophy of "if you can't name what's in the drink in the name of the drink, don't drink the drink."

Though, I do think this would be a great theme for a girls night in ... hmm ... perhaps a Xmas party idea.

Pick it up for something to tease your taste buds & eyes.
Sean
Oct 30, 2011 Sean rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
The recipes in this book looked amazing, but unfortunately they didn't taste very good when made with agar. Someone who eats gelatin should make them and tell me how they are.
Amy Denim
Jan 31, 2012 Amy Denim rated it really liked it
This book really makes me want to have a 'jell-o' shot party. Loved all the recipes and the little details.
Helene
Jan 29, 2012 Helene rated it it was amazing
Shelves: foodie
Great easy recipes for fun jelly shots! Just made the Manhattan and French 75 - delicious!
Julia
Julia rated it liked it
May 09, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Elizabeth Dean
Elizabeth Dean rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2016
Dan
Dan rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2016
matthew Pfeiffer
matthew Pfeiffer rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2016
eshotwell65gmail.com
eshotwell65gmail.com marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Jhaifá Mustafá Morel
Jhaifá Mustafá Morel marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Ronni
Ronni added it
Sep 19, 2015
Lynette
Lynette rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2015
johnjulieallenyahoo.com
johnjulieallenyahoo.com rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Dayna Lavender
Dayna Lavender rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Rob
Rob rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2015