Start by marking “Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails�One Drink at a Time” as Want to Read:
Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails�One Drink at a Time

Jelly Shot Test Kitchen: Jell-ing Classic Cocktails�One Drink at a Time

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Remember jello shots of days of yore? They're all grown up, and are sporting a sophisticated new look! "Jelly Shots" are classic cocktails reinvented as sassy, gelatin shots--perfect, jewel-like squares, sans cup, which any adult would be proud to serve at their next dinner party.From Cosmopolitans, Tequila Sunrises, and Mojitos to Gimlets and Chocolate Martinis, Jelly Sho ...more
Published May 24th 2011 by Running Press

To ask other readers questions about Jelly Shot Test Kitchen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jelly Shot Test Kitchen

Phenomenal! I made about 10 of the jello shots in this book, 8 boozey and 2 non-boozey. The directions are easy to understand and the pictures are amazing. I cannot function with a cook book without pictures.

I haven't tried any of the special effects (gradients, checkerboard, etc.) beyond basic layering, so I'm not sure how easy those directions are but overall- great addition for anyone looking for fun ideas for parties.
Robert
Our favorite college party treat is updated with sophistication. Every picture in this splendid little book is lovely, and every recipe is surprisingly simple. Could you ever imagine popping an "Old Fashioned" jello shot into your mouth? Or a "Margarita?" How about a "Black Russian?" Mmmm...these little naughty treats not only look delicious, but look fantastic.
Autumn
Completely amusing guide to making really impressive Jello shots. My G&T shots turned out great. This is right up there with the gourmet popsicle books and Cake Pops for impressing your friends at parties. Perhaps better, because it involves alcohol.
Seana
Just ordered this gem, can't wait to make some fun stuff for the holidays!
Kimmae
Five stars because this is the only source of this much detail on beautiful and tasty jelly shots not to be confused with jello shots which is what you had in college and don't require an actual recipe. These can require quite a bit of work and last minute attention to detail or there are simpler recipes as well as recipes without alcohol. While you can invest in many molds for shapes, the shots can also be just made square or in silicon ice cube trays. The well-written, well-tested recipes incl ...more
Unwisely
It's hard to rate cookbooks, particularly specialty ones. However I have renewed this book to the limits of the library and finally ordered a copy for myself. It's just so ridiculous. But if you want yummy, grown up jello shots, this is the book. I do wish there was an index by ingredient, so you could say, what do I do with the vanilla vodka I for some reason have, but otherwise, it gives techniques for making they pretty. (And they're good. I've now made four recipes - one was from the blog, w ...more
Nandi
Quick and easy, and definitely inspirational for possible dishes for picnics or events.
Jane
This is a beautiful book. It was the hallelujah chorus to my visual soul.

Alas, I did not try any of the recipes. I must admit I subscribe to the drink philosophy of "if you can't name what's in the drink in the name of the drink, don't drink the drink."

Though, I do think this would be a great theme for a girls night in ... hmm ... perhaps a Xmas party idea.

Pick it up for something to tease your taste buds & eyes.
Sean
The recipes in this book looked amazing, but unfortunately they didn't taste very good when made with agar. Someone who eats gelatin should make them and tell me how they are.
Amy Denim
This book really makes me want to have a 'jell-o' shot party. Loved all the recipes and the little details.
Helene
Great easy recipes for fun jelly shots! Just made the Manhattan and French 75 - delicious!
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Izzet Romano
Izzet Romano marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2014