Start by marking “Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fate's Edge (The Edge, #3)

Fate's Edge (The Edge #3)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  11,766 Ratings  ·  870 Reviews
Audrey Callahan left behind her life in the Edge, and she's determined to stay on the straight and narrow. But when her brother gets into hot water, the former thief takes on one last heist and finds herself matching wits with a jack of all trades...

Kaldar Mar-a gambler, lawyer, thief, and spy-expects his latest assignment tracking down a stolen item to be a piece of cake
Published November 29th 2011 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Fate's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fate's Edge

✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
Buddy reread with the Awesome IA Army Of Utter Awesomeness (aka the eye candy IA Addicts).

Previous rating: 4
New rating: 10

4 stars?! 4 FREAKING STARS??!! What the bloody fish was I thinking when I first read this book??!! I must have been very high or very drunk at the time. Or both. Damn, I wonder what I was taking back then, it must have been seriously powerful stuff for me to give 4 pathetic little stars to this Awesome Piece of IA Awesomenessss!

Conmen and congirls, and bloodshed, oh my! Magi
Robin (Bridge Four)
Re-reading with all my fellow addicts at Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA) again....yes that makes it 3x but I don't care I love this series.

+++ After Morning Star and Calamity I need something I know I'm going to love or risk falling into a severe book funk.

This was just perfect....Kaldar can pull anyone out a book funk. Plus George and Jack helped a ton.
The blond boy called out. “I’m terribly sorry, but is there any way we could grab that cage off the porch? We won’t disturb your dalliance.”
Dallia
Gordon
Nov 28, 2011 Gordon rated it really liked it
We really had fun working on this one, Ilona got to put in her Ocean's Eleven and Leverage elements and I got to put in my disdain of Prosperity Preachers, plus there is romance and fighting. Bayou Moon is still my favorite but this is a very close second. Oh, crap, am I damning my own book with faint praise? Probably, they should put that on there as a blurb, "not as good as the last one but not completely terrible either."
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3,5 Stars

BR with the awesome IAA gang.

Hook is my Kaldar. It fits perfectly!

I wanted to love this book. I did want to, badly. It didn't work that way though. Although IA's usual charm is still there, in the badass characters, in the great dialogs, in the bickering couple, in the freaking awesome side characters, this book was just a tiny bit too slow for me to love.

Kaldar and Audrey were great. I loved how Kaldar could charm the pants off a nun and how Audrey could con her way into anything. Stil
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Nov 21, 2011 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it it was amazing
The Edge series has turned a corner for me with this book. Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the first two. But in each installment, I felt like I had to work for it. Now, for the first time with this series, I was able to jump into the story with both feet from the beginning. Maybe it's because I am already familiar with the world building and many of the characters, but I don't think so. I think it's more of a change in focus. This book felt much more honed in on our main couple and their adventu ...more
Felicia
Jul 19, 2012 Felicia rated it it was amazing
Why did this sit on my Kindle for so long unread? Because I'm a dumbass. This book was SOOO fun. I've said it before about this series, and I'll say it again. This author knows how to write kids in urban fantasy that I don't want to get shipped off to military school and never see again. I LOVE these kids' characters. And honestly, i think I wasn't crazy about the love interest from the last installment and that's why I was slow to read this, but the book really matched the leads up well. Top UF ...more
Liz* Fashionably Late
Ilona Andrews delivers only the best!

I admit book #2 is still my favorite and while Kaldar is as sexy as it gets, Jack and George own this show.

Guess who's obsessed with them? -------->>> ME! :D

There's a lot to enjoy here:
J&G
Kaldar's sexy sexiness
Lord Leatherpants <3 and Cerise working for the Mirror
In my humble opinion, what I believe to be the steamiest scene in this series so far.
The Mirror awesome gadgets

It was a little hard to get into the story at first beca
Kristen
Feb 17, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
This review is dedicated to all my IA loves :*

The tangent:

I have been reading The Edge series with a bunch of wonderful IA lovers. I did not review the first two books because real life was smacking me in the face. I decided to review the 3rd book for three main reasons:

A) It has been my favorite of the series.
B) oOSarahOo is being her normal annoying self (AKA amazing)
C) Life stopped bitch slapping me in the face. (Thanks life!)

By Sarah being her normal annoying self, I mean that she won’t get
Alexa
Feb 13, 2015 Alexa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
My favorite of the series so far :D

Our new leading lady, Audrey, is just as awesome as any other IA female character. But I liked her better because she was different! Most IA females are snarky and wouldn't worry about kicking some behind if needed. Audrey is smart, great at what she does... but she's not snarky. Sarcastic yes, funny too! But she was a bit.. softer? I liked the change.

Kaldar was also amazing. He was funny and direct, so refreshing!

I loved the interactions between then and I w
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)
I would be such an easy mark for Kaldar Mar, he would just smile his seductive smile and I would hand him over all my worldly goods. Granted, he may be disappointed as he will mostly come away with more books then he can carry and Xavier the Xbox but it is all there ripe for plucking. Luckily Audrey Callahan isn't as gullible as I am, so she would probably manage to keep her Xbox (if she had one) and most her books (I reckon Kaldar would take a few, just because he can) but, will she keep her he ...more
Angela
4.5 Stars

This book started a bit slow for me. There was quite a bit in the beginning in Jack and George's POV, which was interesting, but I was really looking forward to getting to the story.

Once Kaldar - what a great character, full of life, charm, and loyalty - and Audrey met the story really picked up and I couldn't stop turning pages, staying up far into the night to continue reading.

If you've read Bayou Moon you know Kaldar of the Mar family. He's taken a job with the Mirror in order to gai
Melanie
1.) On the Edge
2.) Bayou Moon

Buddy Read with Ilona Andrews Addicts (IAA)!

So, Kaldar's book was everything amazing that I expected it to be, and then so much more! I still think I like On the Edge a little more, but it definitely surpassed Bayou Moon. I mean, this whole series is great, but if I'm ranking them, this comes in at a close second.

I also loved all the different POVs. In Bayou Moon it seemed to only be about Cerise and William, and we didn't get to see Declan or Rose until the epil
Allison
I'm really behind on writing reviews lately. I want to get this one out there since I've already finished the last book of the series, so I'm going for the random bullet point method.

Things I liked:

- The humor and fun of having a conman and conwoman as protagonists.
- I really enjoyed the heists.
- Kaldar is such a loveable rogue. There's plenty of witty dialog in the middle of serious jobs.
- Jack and George have large roles to play. I like how this series has romance, but also has side characters
Erica Ravenclaw
Feb 18, 2015 Erica Ravenclaw rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites

No spoilers and colorful language abound!

On the Edge (Book 1)

Bayou Moon (Book 2)

Ah! This, again, took me awhile to sink into. I'm not sure why I find the beginning of all of these books so tedious, but somehow I plow through, because I know how worth it, it is to finish. They are so good. I think I had forgotten how negatively I felt throughout most of the entire first book, yet I gave it a descent rating, they won me over with that ending. That seems to be the theme of me and these book
Orient
Mar 11, 2016 Orient rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: action lovers
Recommended to Orient by: Milda Page Runner
Fate's Edge has action (though, I think this book was a little bit slower than the other books. ), romance, magic, love and danger, just a great mix ;))). I know I will repeat it, but it needs to be said once more - Andrews team has a wonderful skill to write! I liked Kaldar in the second book so I was excited to find out more about him in this, third, book. He's such an enjoyable guy to make a great read and I was so eager to know more about his adventure. I like his humour, audacity, rebellion ...more
Monty Cupcake ☠ Queen of Bloodshed ☠
Listen, I see the appeal of Kaldar, I really do, but this book initially took forever to get into. I found the pace at the beginning to be slow and I became so irritated at the plot device of including Jack & George, that I stopped reading. I probably wouldn't have read this due to the aforementioned abhorrent plot device, but I did it for the IA BR.

What's right in this book:
- Kaldar. He's a sly & charismatic fox. I imagine him kind of Zorro - piratey. He's a crazy Mar and can kill with
Jen
May 04, 2016 Jen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kate-daniels, fv, audio, uf, andrews
Audio May 2016

Audrey and Kaldar
When I pick up an Ilona Andrews book I start it knowing that I need to pay attention. Fate’s Edge, the third book in their Edge series, was no different. They immediately throw a lot of terms at you. You are introduced to the Edge, the Broken, the Weird, the Hand, the Mirror and so on. The first 100 pages of the book must be read slowly so you don’t miss any of the terms or what the Andrews are trying to show you to. Once you get past the initial info dump, as alwa
Jessica ❁ Far Dareis Mai ❁ Rabid Reads
What is it that we love so much about con artists?

Whether it's Neal Caffrey on White Collar, the entire crew from Leverage, or something like Kristen Ashley's Play it Safe, it doesn't matter. I love them all. I love pirates too. And scoundrels and rogues.

And KALDAR.
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
Time to worship at the IA altar! <-- I'm inaugurating a new shelf just for this.

How do Ilona and Gordon do it? How do they manage to write awesome worlds with cool magic + kickass heroines + fan-myself heroes + quirky banter+ gory goodness + LOL scenes + cute kids + cool pets, and then shake it all into a cocktail of pure awesomeness? Who knows? I suspect they made a deal with the devil. But whatever it was, it worked!

Random awesome quotes (I absolutely cannot pick “the best ones” when really
Ya~
4.5-stars
This was my favorite of The Edge series by far!
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Nov 24, 2011 Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) by: Publisher request, Suzanne!
4.5 STARS!

Posted on Under the Covers

While FATE’S EDGE is really the third book in The Edge series, it was my first delve into this alternate world of The Weird, the Broken and The Edge. Though I worried that I would be lost entering in the middle of a series, I soon found out that I had no reason to be. The writing team of Ilona Andrews may create a vastly unique and complex world, but they are considerate enough to add in a few details here and there for new readers who would like to try this
Jilly
Jun 30, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
This has got to be one of my favorite Edge books. I loved William the Wolf's wolfy brain in the last book, but I also fell for Kaldar Mars. He is one of those charming characters of questionable, but funny, morals. A pickpocket, conman, and manipulator who is now working for the Mirror, Kaldar is sent on a mission to retrieve a potentially dangerous weapon that other thieves took and placed in the hands of the bad guys. It takes a thief to catch a thief.

dog stealing photo: Stealing motivatorf44d8600e1c014ff4d5b36c37c.jpg
smart doggy...

But, he meets his match in
Mrs. Badass
Dec 01, 2011 Mrs. Badass rated it it was amazing
How on earth to start this review... I could start by saying that I think Ilona Andrews writes SUPERB Worlds and Characters. I could say that Ilona Andrews has the most Fantastic imagination when it comes to monsters and villains. I could say that Ilona Andrews writes witty and funny dialogue, which doesn't feel forced or cheesy. (Unless they want it to, of course) But if I said all those things, what would I tell you about Fate's Edge? That would be the end of this review, and I then would tell ...more
Kathleen
(Lots of bloody murder, swearing, profanity, one or two sex scenes)

2.5 stars. Maybe I'm a grouch, but I can't quite find three stars in this book. I liked Book 1 -- On the Edge -- much better, and Book 2 -- Bayou Moon, is my favorite so far, cuz I adored William the wolf, and Cerise was one impressive warrior. (Book 4 update: Steel's Edge is great, too.)

Characters:
Kaldar, the secret agent who works for the Mirror, and Audrey, a lock-picker par excellence who is forced to help Keldar. The boys J
JAIME
Apr 12, 2015 JAIME marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-reads
DNF 69%

I have had this sitting on my 'currently reading' shelf for 6 weeks after pausing due to boredom.

And frankly, I'm sick of seeing it there, and I find myself disinclined to continue.

I love you, Ilona Andrews. But, I don't like reading series where the protagonist/s change with each book. So, you were pushing shit uphill right from the get go making me a fan of the Fate's Edge series.

Not happening.
I know I've said it before but I think it's worth repeating - Ilona and Gordon Andrews can do no wrong! Seriously, this writing duo could put their shopping list in a book and I would buy it and devour every page. I still can't believe that this is my first time reading their Edge series but I can guarantee it won't be the last, I'm actually already contemplating when I can fit in my first reread and I've not even read the final book yet. These books just get better and better and I can't wait t ...more
Kelly
Nov 28, 2011 Kelly rated it it was amazing
(4.5 stars) Fate's Edge is the third in the EDGE series by husband-and-wife duo Ilona Andrews. While the EDGE books feature recurring characters and plot threads and can all be categorized as paranormal romance, each book so far has a different "feel." On the Edge was a fairy tale; Bayou Moon, with the dark mad-science secrets at its heart, had something of the Gothic about it. Fate's Edge is a caper story. Sure, the protagonists have some personal demons to face, but for the most part the book ...more
Phrynne
Dec 02, 2014 Phrynne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I liked the new characters very much but I also enjoyed having Rose and Declan, William and Cerise and the boys all back and having important parts to play. The relationship between Audrey and Kaldar was delightful and some of their banter was really entertaining. I really liked this series from the very first book and so far it is still good. May there be many more!
Milda Page Runner
Feb 28, 2016 Milda Page Runner rated it really liked it
Recommended to Milda by: Giedre
Another fun read from I.Andrews and again a completely different story - this is a heist in it's essence, and it's motto could be - 'to con the conmen'. Less intense and gripping than the previous book but more playful.
The fun stuff:
Jack and George play a vital role in this story and I'd have never believed I would enjoy reading about kids so much, yet here I am.
Good amount of time is spent flying on the wyvern's back. It's lovely.
Fuelled by magic espionage gadgets from the Weird add a touch of
Sandra
Feb 20, 2015 Sandra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

This is mainly for my Ilona Andrews Addicts team ladies and it might contain mild spoilers from previous books that I’m not hiding behind spoiler tags.

What can go wrong in PNR when you match a thief with a lot of disguises that can make Fate favors him and a woman who is a natural at the con art and can intrude in every security vault if she wants and make them do a special job for you? (view spoiler)

Yes! The premis
  • Kate's Daddy (Curran POV, #3)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • All Spell Breaks Loose (Raine Benares, #6)
  • Death Magic (World of the Lupi, #8)
  • Night Blade (Colbana Files, #2)
  • Moonglow (Darkest London, #2)
  • Under Her Skin
  • One Salt Sea (October Daye, #5)
Ilona Andrews is the pseudonym for a husband-and-wife writing team. author2sm“Ilona is a native-born Russian and Gordon is a former communications sergeant in the U.S. Army. Contrary to popular belief, Gordon was never an intelligence officer with a license to kill, and Ilona was never the mysterious Russian spy who seduced him. They met in college, in English Composition 101, where Ilona got a be ...more
More about Ilona Andrews...

The Edge (4 books)
  • On the Edge (The Edge, #1)
  • Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2)
  • Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4)

“If the sky could dream, it would dream of dragons.” 155 likes
“Jack didn’t fully get Jesus. Audrey tried to explain it, and he could repeat it back to her, word for word, but he still didn’t comprehend most of it. The best he could gather was that Jesus lived long ago, told people to be nice, and they killed him for it. At the end, he asked who was Jesus’ necromancer and if he was in the Bible, then Kaldar couldn’t stop laughing and had to sit down.” 45 likes