Start by marking “Dragons of the Watch (Valley of the Dragons, #3)” as Want to Read:
Dragons of the Watch (Valley of the Dragons, #3)

Dragons of the Watch (Valley of the Dragons #3)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  334 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Trapped in a forgotten city, bound by secrets, Ellie and Bealomondore must enlist the dragons of the watch to find freedom.

Ellie knows exactly where sheis going. She just wants to experience the pomp and circumstance of a royal wedding, then settle into a simple life with a country husband.

With too many choices, Bealomondore’s future is a tangle of possibilities. He is res
Published October 4th 2011 by WaterBrook Press

To ask other readers questions about Dragons of the Watch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragons of the Watch

Linda
Ellie, on her way to the coronation of Princess Tipper and the marriage of the Princess to Paladin finds herself lost and afraid in a city of giants. The city is empty it seems, except for a large group of unruly 6 year olds who threaten to eat her. When Ellie discovers she is not the only adult who is lost and fearful she is relieved but can she and her new ally find their way out of this dangerous and large scale city. Bealomondore has been stuck here for two months but he has learned a great ...more
Dexter
Definitely my favorite of the trilogy. Bealomondore has always been my favorite character, and I've always been itching for him to get a proper lady friend who's awesome enough to do him justice. An lo and behold, I meet Ellie!

Ellie is a sweet, determined little tumanhofer who gets trapped in a giant bottle encompassing a giant city of eternally six-year-olds. There she meets Bealomondore, and together they have to tame the children and escape. The idea itself is more original than the other two
Gail Welborn

Dragons of the Watch, by Donita K. Paul, Waterbrook Press, 2011, 400 Pages, ISBN-13: 978-1400073412, $13.99

Paul continues her exceptional Christian allegorical fantasy series with Dragons of the Watch. In this book she introduces, Ellicinderpart Clarenbessipawl, a farmer’s daughter affectionately known as Ellie, who is also a member of the hobbit-sized tumanahofer race.

Readers journey with Ellie, her Aunt Tiffenbeth and Uncle Stemikenjon to the exciting royal wedding and coronation of Princess T
Timothy Stone
*Dragons of the Watch*, the latest book in *The Chiril Chronicles* by Donita K. Paul, is by far my favorite so far. To start out, my favorite character, Graddapotmorphit Bealomondore, is one of the two main protagonists. This really pleased me, given how the first two books lacked a really good plot and focus for the character.

To make clear, the first two books made Bealomondore one of the main characters, and he was in most of the adventurous and dangerous scenes, but not in a way that further
Nikki
This is the most adorable romance story I've ever read. Whenever I sat down to read, it only took about half a page before I was filled with warm, fuzzy hope for humanity and felt like everything would be okay no matter the circumstance.
Denae Christine
2.5
Weird setting, unusual plot, okay pacing, strong character development (they had to make some tough choices), and unsatisfying denouement.

Some things weren't explained (why did the Tumanhofers shrink in the bottle?, and why would breaking the bottle be so different than opening it?). I think I would've been confused about Wulder and Paladin and dragons and magic if I hadn't read other books of DKP.

Best part? The characters were not idiots. Too many times in too many books, characters act like
Terri (Reading By Starlight)
Whew, this one was hard to get through.

Bealomondore and Ellie were great characters, but didn't really do well as main characters. I much preferred Bealomondore as secondary character. They're trapped in a city in a bottle for most of the book, being stalked by giant children, unsure how to break the spell. They don't have a lot of information and while they do have a vague plan of civilizing the children and finding the wizard, there's not a lot of action. There's a lot of walking around and fl
Deborah
Give it 4.5 stars. I really liked this book. I like real romance, where the couple show their love for each other in their acts of service and compassion. The author did a great job showing us a developing and deep love between Ellie and Bealomondore.

I also like the Christian theme which reminded me a lot of the Chronicles of Narnia (a big favorite of mine). However, the author wasn't as subtle about her message. It is a great message and made me look up her biography and want to read more of he
Rebecca LuElla Miller
Dragons Of The Watch is the final (I think) book in the Chiril Chronicles by Donita Paul. To date it's my favorite by this talented author who specializes in the "cozy fantasy." Written for all ages, the books have a decided lean toward young adult, and this one is no exception. But enough with the introduction. On to the review.

The Story. In the imaginary world where Wulder is the One Supreme Being, Creator of all, seven high and seven low races people the various continents. In Chiril, however
Logan
Just not quite the same as the Amara books. It seems so random.

This book had very much a "Oz" feel to it: a young girl starts out on a journey to see the marriage of the princess, accompanied by her pet goat. While going she accidentally tumbles into a city that has been bottled up and is inhabited almost entirely by unruly perpetual 6-year-olds with no one to train them or love them. Along with another trapped individual (whom she quickly and sappily falls in love with, lots of kissing folks) t
Matt
(Disclaimer: I received this book free from goodreads.)

I really enjoyed the world that Donita Paul built for "Dragons of the Watch." Its apparent that this is a sequel series based on the content and the characters reference, but it never distracts you from the story being told.

Ellie (who as far as I know is a new character in Paul's works) is interesting and compelling. She is far from the accidental heroine you usually find in female protagonists. The different take on Dragons is also a nice
Serena
This book gets five stars for creative plot and Donita K Paul's beautiful writing style. Despite the limited number of characters throughout most of this book, Paul spun a wonderful tale and alternated some between the two main characters' perspectives. I like how she decided to continue the trilogy with Bealomondore, a more minor character, rather than Tipper, who dominated the first two books (though I did love Tipper :) ).

However, I only gave four stars because the ending was rather disappoin
Cathrine Bonham
May 19, 2012 Cathrine Bonham rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Alana Folk
Ellicinderpart (I'm not kidding) wants nothing more from her simple country life than to attend the Royal wedding ball in Regar. So by the end of the first page the reader thinks they can see where this is all heading and they are near to tears crying, "Why Ms. Paul? Why would you ruin all of your original world building by rewriting Cinderella?"

But after a fearful cry you can keep reading safe in this knoweldge that I give unto you. This is not another Cinderella story. It is indeed another ama
Judy Robertson
Interesting

A good relaxing story. Predictable outcome - was not hard to guess what would happen next. Would recommend to children.
Madlen
Dragons of the Watch was an amazing story of adventure, danger, and love. Donita K. Paul created a magical atmosphere with whimsical characters that brought the book to life. Ellie and Bealomondore along with the dragons of the watch get trapped in a bottle city where 6 year old children run wild. They must use wit and love to escape the bottle and save the children.
It would be an amazing read for children because it actually teaches a lesson. The message that I understood is: Children need ad
Lobug
Really like this author. Great YA with Good values taught.
Reb
Awesome!
Andrea Wall
Haha I was pleasantly surprised by this book!! The first two of these series annoyed me and I barely finished them. I hated how they talked super formal and seemingly had no feelings. In this one the characters seemed real and fun!!! The romance was sweet and believable. It reminded me of Paul's earlier books (The first three of the DragonKeeper series) and I loved it.

This is the writing Paul does that I love!! I hope the rest of her book are like this one.
Andrew
Donita K. Paul has done it again. I own another one of her books (DragonQuest) and both are splendid. This book captivated me from beginning to end, weaving laughter, anger, sadness, and a longing for more. There are plenty of twists and turns that always kept me guessing. If you're a dragon lover or even loved the books the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, then this is the book for you.
Katrina
This book was as well or better written than her previous books, but I think Paul's lost her exuberance that was 'between the lines' in her earlier books. Or maybe I'm just peeved because Fenworth doesn't come into the storyline until almost the end.
Ida
Amazing imagination! My little sister read it and says it doesn't really make much sense in the beginning. My opinion of that it a bit different, though i have to say that the beginning made me want to skip a lot of pages. Sorry, Donita K. Paul.
Sheila
Jul 04, 2012 Sheila added it
This is also known as the Dragons of Chiril. I have yet to finish it as it seems too descriptive of things rather than getting on with the story.
Wendy
Would recommend, I'm so glad I won it through goodreads giveaways otherwise I would not have read it.
Jillian
So boring. I think Paul was getting paid for
every time she used full tumanhofer names.
Victoria
Ah... I love these stories. I'm sad that I'm out of new ones!
Srsmith
It was fun to read about one of Tipper's friends instead of herself.
Tracy Sullivan
Tracy Sullivan marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Leah Dover
Leah Dover marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Chaos or Order? 1 5 Jan 25, 2012 01:18AM
  • Warrior (Dragons of Starlight, #2)
  • Raven's Ladder (The Auralia Thread, #3)
  • To Darkness Fled (Blood of Kings, #2)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Moonblood (Tales of Goldstone Wood, #3)
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
I am an author of Christian Fantasy. My first 7 books were Christian Romance, but I came over to the Dark Side when I heard there were cookies.
More about Donita K. Paul...

Valley of the Dragons (3 books)
  • The Vanishing Sculptor (Valley of the Dragons, #1)
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
DragonSpell (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #1) DragonQuest (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #2) DragonKnight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #3) DragonFire (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #4) DragonLight (DragonKeeper Chronicles, #5)