Start by marking “Head Over Heels” as Want to Read:
Head Over Heels

Head Over Heels

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  401 ratings  ·  55 reviews
Thirty-something teacher and professional shopper Grace has a passion for shoes. In fact they were responsible for her meeting her partner, Mark, when she speared his foot with one of her dangerously sharp heels whilst running for a train.

Mark is the other passion in her life, or so she thinks.... When he suggests they try for a baby - but is reluctant to tie the knot on t
Published January 30th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Head Over Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Head Over Heels

Tammy Walton Grant
SPOILERS AND I RUIN THE ENDING

As much as I hate to admit it, I quite liked the Bridget Jones books. And the first couple of Shopaholic ones. I could identify with Bridget and Becky. They kept me in stitches with their adventures as they tried to find themselves, whether it was by keeping a diet diary or being chased by letters from VISA.

Their stories were told in a distinctive, breezy British manner. The wit in the writing and the charm of the characters was what made both of those series so hu
Sophie Narey (Bookreview- aholic)
Published: 30/01/2011
Author: Sara Downing
Recommended for: fans of quick chick lit books
Edition: Kindle

I saw this on the Kindle Store for free and so I thought I would give it a try. I thought that this was very well written by the author, the storyline drew me in but when I read the book it didn't really fully captive my attention sadly. It is a good book but in my opinion in just needs to have abit more depth to it especially the characters as it would have been nice to get to know them and the
Renee
I was in need of this book. It was exactly what I wanted cute, adorable, girly and fluffy. Loved Grace and her friends were so special and most of all supportive. When the book started I was thrown because she was in labor, then it goes to "1 year earlier" and the story fills itself in. For Grace, she was with Mark in a long relationship and almost 5 year engagement that started to fizzle out. She went through the motions for a while and then she decides it was done. What gets her to the decisio ...more
Jessica
I guess I shouldn't complain too much because I was looking for a light read...and I definitely found that, this book doesn't take too much brain power. Starts off really slow, then you keep waiting for something exciting and different to happen, and nothing ever does. It's the type of book that you know exactly what is going to happen after reading the first 5 pages, no surprises here.
Debbie
I started this book a while ago and was side tracked half way through, but I picked it up again the other day and couldn't put it down. A fantastic first novel and I will definately be reading more!
The characters were believable, and I could almost picture myself as part of the gang! ;)
Jenn
Sep 11, 2014 Jenn rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Set it in the UK and I'll want to read it. This one happened to be free or super cheap, so so much the better. But it's these type of books that leave me thinking that British women are morons. Okay, I know that's not the case, but these books leave that impression.

"Oh my gosh! I saw my boyfriend with another woman, walking down the street in my hometown! Obviously he's cheating on me, so I'm going to run away to my parents, ignore all his texts and calls, and then quit my job. Of course I'm no
Gail Nun ya

This book was okay, very light, which I needed after my last read. But it took me awhile to read as it didn't hold my interest that well.
A great, fun, rom-com - yes you knew it would all turn out OK but a few twists and turns on the way to getting there!
Heather
Maybe it's my fault, but I couldn't get a good sense for the characters and what they were truly like.
Lindsay
Jan 26, 2013 Lindsay marked it as to-read-contemporary
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Amazon Freebie 01/26/2013
Bianca
I picked up Head Over Heels in search of a girly, fluffy, chick lit story. In that aspect, this book sort of delivered. As it progressed, though, the more I wanted to throw my Kindle against the wall with frustration – or perhaps throwing it at Grace might have been more productive.

Grace, her long-term boyfriend and their friends all live wealthy and fabulous lives. Grace has a room that is furnished with top-of-the-line clothes and shoes, which are her pride and joy. She shops and then spends h
Dianne
I got this as a freebie on Amazon. This took me forever to read. I never actually do updates but I paused so many times while reading this book that I actually updated how far along I was. I usually never have a hard time reading a book through but I have to say this book was soooooo boring. I had a hard time paying attention. It was also a little hard to understand some of the British dialog; I felt like I was missing out on a lot of jokes. I felt that this book was also really repetitive. It s ...more
Ana
Katherine
Jessica
I really love the story line once I got through it. I had a hard time getting through this particular book though. It just seemed like continued talk, talk, talk. Everything was me,me,me, oh and lets talk about me some more, and I'm sure that was meant to understand the character. I really love humorous books but I don't need the constant chatter to understand the character and what she's like and how she struggled internally with herself on some big issues. I don't want this to be a harsh revie ...more
Michelle
This was a total disappointment for me. I found it to be very long winded and the author jumped around in the storyline which for me made it very hard to follow along. I found there to be unnecessary dialogue that I felt was used as fluff just to make the book longer.
The sudden abrupt ending and the complete turn around of Grace's feelings about having a baby (which was the total premise of the book) was disappointing and shallow. In fact, the whole last part of the book I found myself just ski
Erin Leary
Very light read, good for a British fix.
Susan
This was a cute, fun read. I agree with other reviewers that it's too long and could be cut down quite a bit without losing much. It wasn't something I would re-read, but it kept my attention enough to keep on going straight through it.

I enjoyed the writing style very much (although the author does seem to be stingy with her punctuation!), but could do without the title being repeated in the storyline a few times. Still, a fun read that would be great by a beach or for a free weekend.
Linda Christie
Ever read one of those books where you keep thinking "it just has to get better"? This is one; sadly it never does. The heroine is silly, shallow, stubborn and a twit. it's probably about twice as long as it needs to be as there is a lot of repetitive and useless drivel. Please don't waste your time, like I did. Anytime it takes me a week to read a book this length I know it's because I am delaying the "get back to the story" because it is so dull.
Emma
I found this book a bit annoying. I just wanted the story to reach the obvious conclusion...maybe I've read too much chick lit.

I found Tom really smug and a bit cloying, but then Grace's original choice Mark was too controlling. It was all a bit disjointed with the relationship between the girl friends never really seeming to come to anything.

All in all, a typical chick lit story, easily readable, but for me a bit more of the same.
Stacie Mass D-Struction
This book was perfect to get me through my reading rut. I was in one of those I don't know what to read next moods. Head Over Heels was pure fluff. I won't spoil anything here but I figured out things pretty quickly. I didn't particularly get invested in any of the characters but this was a nice quick read that didn't involve a lot of thought or effort on my part.
Mary
Thought this was okay summertime fluff. The kind of reading you enjoy on a hot summer day with a tall glass of iced tea because it's too hot for any serious reading. The story is about Grace whose very, long-term boyfriend has told her he wants them to have a baby. Grace must decide if she really wants a relationship with her fiancee, enough that is to make the baby.
Lady L
I almost gave up on this book. The first 1/3 of the book was boring and annoying. However, there will be a twist in the plot and will get better. The book was an easy ready. It was very predicatable. I can bet that you will be able to guess the ending mid-way through the story.

This book is about friendship, illicit affairs, shopping and finding true love.
Cristin

Really cute story! It was nice to read a chick lit where the main character wasn't a complete moron!! I felt like some major parts of the book were glossed over and a little too simple at times and nothing much happened for the first half of the book. However, the story was fun and easy and a nice summer read.

There are very few books I don't finish. They have to be pretty bad for me to just to give up but this one qualifies! The endless drivel that goes on with main character was just too much for me. I love a great chick lit book but this one is not it!
Karen
This is the first book I have read by Sarah Downing and I really enjoyed it. I could not put this book down. You knew why the story was going but you sill can not put the book down. This was free to download on to my kindle but I would pay for it. Great romance story.
Luisa
This book is supposed to be chick lit but it has more substance than that. It was surprisingly entertaining and even though you imagine how it's going to end, you still enjoy the ride. I liked reading the British expressions, like wanker, tosser, shattered.
Gypsy In Pearls
This book started out slow but got better. I almost lost interest about halfway through before it began to pick back up with a revealed twist. The story line was fairly shallow but still a light enjoyable read. Would be great to pack for a beach trip!
Lisa
I really liked this one. I don't usually like one's based in the UK but this one was really good. Many times I wanted to keep reading it even though I had other things to do. Glad it's over though, end was predictable, kept waiting for it to happen!
  • Husband Hunting 101
  • One Day, Someday
  • Lucky at Love: Some Guys Just Never Give Up...
  • Practice Cake (Life in Saltwater City, #1)
  • No More Lies
  • Happy Hour
  • Get Bunny Love
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Mr. Right For The Night
  • Free Gift with Purchase
  • Working It Out
  • Always the Wedding Planner, Never the Bride (Emma Rae Creations, #2)
  • The Do-Over
  • The Dating intervention
  • The Boyfriend Bylaws
  • Forever (Molly, #1)
  • Worth Lying For
  • Hot Flash
Urban Venus Stage Fright Head Over Heels: A chick lit novel about love, friendship...and shoes