Start by marking “How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4)” as Want to Read:
How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning, #4)

How to Party with a Killer Vampire (Party Planning #4)

3.72  ·  Rating Details  ·  169 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Party planner Presley Parker's new gig is the star-studded wrap party for a horror film. The location is a graveyard-conveniently, because the night of the bash, a tabloid journalist is murdered.
Published October 4th 2011 by NAL

To ask other readers questions about How to Party with a Killer Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Party with a Killer Vampire

Gaby
Nov 25, 2011 Gaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Chick Lit
Posted at Oh My Books!

I love cozy mysteries, and the Party Planning Mystery series is one of my favorites.

This time, Presley Parker is organizing a vampire party at a cemetery to promote the new Hollywood movie. It's going to be fantastic, with hot actors and awesome special effects, except that a dead body is found the night before the party.

Presley is such a fun character. She's independent and has a need to resolve every mystery, specially the ones that involves her parties. She wants to disc
LORI CASWELL
Jan 16, 2016 LORI CASWELL rated it it was amazing
We are back on Treasure Island, home of Presley Parker’s event planning business. Her newest event is a wrap party for a vampire parody movie being produced by Lucas Cruz. He has requested the extravagant affair be held in an actual graveyard. Nothing is too daunting for Presley, she will decorate and accessorize and turn the usually solemn place into the perfect Killer Party venue.

She never planned on adding to the number of dead bodies in the cemetery. But even before the party can even get st
Patricia
Dec 26, 2011 Patricia rated it really liked it
Where is the best place to hold a film wrap party for producer Lucas Cruz? The film is a vampire parody and party planner Presley Parker manages to wheel, deal, and line up a cemetery for the party. Not everyone would be brave enough to throw a party in a cemetery but Presley thinks it is the ideal location.

The day before the party is to take place Presley runs into a group of young people practicing the art of Parkour. Parkour includes vaulting, running, jumping and climbing around obstacles an
Marlyn
Oct 07, 2011 Marlyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, cozies
Presley Parker's party planning business is doing pretty well. Her latest gig is a wrap party for a vampire movie, which is to be held in a cemetery.

The day before the party, as Presley is setting up, she meets some young adults who practice parkour. She warns them that they're trespassing, but they don't seem to care.

The next morning, they learn that one of them, known as "Spidey" is dead. At first it's assumed that he had fallen while running, but it's soon determined that he was murdered. The
Sarah Sammis
Aug 27, 2012 Sarah Sammis rated it really liked it
How to Party with a Killer Vampire by Penny Warneris the fourth of the Party Planner mysteries. Presley Parker is hosting the wrap up party for Cee Gee studios in a Colma cemetery. Things go wrong when a tabloid journalist is murdered.

Mixed in with the vampire horror film wrap up, is the art of parkour. Three local experts had been brought on as stunt doubles and now they are wrapped up in the aftermath of the journalist's murder.

Strange characters with San Francisco stylings are the usual fair
Elizabeth D.
Aug 02, 2016 Elizabeth D. rated it really liked it
Good addition to the Party Planning Mystery Series. I love the trivia and local history included in this book series.

Two people are killed during events surrounding a Vampire themed wrap party for a movie shoot. Both victims have very different reasons for their interest in the party. Is there a link between the two or maybe to someone else? Resourceful amateur sleuth Presley Parker sets out to figure out whodunnit, but ends up putting both herself and those around her in danger.
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Oct 25, 2011 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it it was amazing
This series is a fun, action filled cozy murder series. This book revolves around a wrap party for a new film directed by a fellow Treasure Island renter, CeeGee films. Our Event Planner, Presley had her reservations about holding a party in a cemetery, but, upon research she finds this is more common than she knew.

Colma, CA is known for having around 1,600 living residents and over one million dead residents. This is a true fact. To me, having lived in the next door town of Daly City, back in t
Tracy Weber
Apr 11, 2014 Tracy Weber rated it it was amazing
Total fun. I'm not into paranormal mysteries, which this one wasn't, in spite of the title. What did you get when you host a vampire party filled with Hollywood stars in an abandoned cemetery? You'll have to read the book to find out. ;-) The tips for planning a vampire-themed party were so fun I may have to try one out!
Jinting Toh
Jan 25, 2015 Jinting Toh rated it really liked it
You will love this book if you love detective stories with a little romance element.

Very good read. Kept me wanting to continue the story and find out who is the killer.
Ellie Oberth
May 17, 2012 Ellie Oberth rated it really liked it
A fun read starring amateur sleuth, Presley Parker. Presley is an event planner who throws a "wrap party" for a movie producer to celebrate his latest horror film - Revenge of the Killer Vampires. The perfect venue to hold this event? A cemetary, of course! And it wouldn't be the perfect party without a fresh corpse.

The writing is well done and the story reaches a satisfying ending. Presley is a smart, self-reliant amateur sleuth. I enjoyed the story, as I have enjoyed Warner's earlier stories i
Jacquelynn Fritz
Nov 16, 2011 Jacquelynn Fritz rated it liked it
I would give this book 3.5 stars if possible. Presley Parker is throwing a vampire wrap party after the completion of a vampire movie. The party is being held in a cemetery, where a body is found the night before the party and another body is found after the party. Presley, Brad her boyfriend who owns a crime-scene cleaning business helps her to solve the murders. Its a fun, easy read and tips are given on how to hold your own vampire party.
Mark Baker
Mar 01, 2014 Mark Baker rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, mystery
Presley Parker is hosting a vampire party in a graveyard to celebrate the completion of filming on a vampire spoof movie. But when a body appears the morning of the party, she begins to wonder if there is a connection between the victim and one of her guests. I like Parker and find these books fun.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Karen
Jul 16, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful addition to the Party Planning series. In this one the party is a "wrap party" to celebrate and publicize the new movie Revenge of the Killer Vampires. I always learn something new, and this time I learned about parkouring. Penny really fleshes out her characters, and I always enjoy spending time with Presley Parker and her friends.
Vera
Feb 03, 2016 Vera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
This was a good quick read about a party being thrown for the wrap party for a vampire movie. It took place in a cemetery, and included parkour on the tombstones and statuary. A ggod mystery, except the main character put herself in danger again. Maybe that's why we read these though, to see people do things we wouldn't.
Mell
Jun 23, 2013 Mell rated it it was ok
There are no vampires in this story, so a bit of a disappointment for the Vampire Reading Spree.

And my initial expectations that this book would be silly and fluffy were accurate. The characters and plot never really engaged me. I finally just skimmed along to see whodunit. The whole book felt kinda generic.
Dancing Flamingo
May 04, 2013 Dancing Flamingo rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
I prefer the 3rd book in the series probably because the theme of the party is seance and ghosts. The historical details regarding Sarah Winchester's mystery house is also a plus. This book's party theme is about vampire and it also touches on parkour, both subjects I don't have much interest in.
Jenn
Feb 27, 2014 Jenn rated it it was ok
Melodie
Oct 19, 2011 Melodie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
I didn't care that much for the first book in this series, but it's grown on me as it's gone along and this one is the best one, so far. Pulled me in from the get-go, and I learned about an extreme sport I had never heard of before! Good story & a recommend!
Tofu Fairy
Mar 21, 2012 Tofu Fairy rated it it was ok
meh...too squeaky clean for me...no cussing, no sex, lots of death and violence but no description of it...just not for me. I had to force myself to finish it because I did want to know who the killer was. I would not read another from this series.
Kay
Sep 28, 2012 Kay rated it liked it

Fairly predictable story but I do like these cozies once in a while. I did like the theme party tips and found her mother a very sweet and likable character dealing with Alzheimer's.
Angela
Oct 02, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it
Shelves: kidsbooks, mysteries
I love this series! The party planning tips are great for adult parties or for children's/young adult librarians want to host a spooky and creative vampire party!
Karen Desmond
Jul 28, 2012 Karen Desmond rated it really liked it
Enjoyable addition to the series - with a few Scooby-Doo elements (graveyard, creepy old caretaker). Well worth a read.
Diana
Nov 04, 2012 Diana rated it it was amazing
This book is my favorite among the new Presley Parker mystery series. This one is another good read for Halloween.
Shoshana
Dec 11, 2011 Shoshana rated it it was ok
this series started off so promisingly, but i've started losing interest.
Sue
Feb 08, 2012 Sue rated it it was ok
not enough interesting going on by 70...i just couldn't finish it..
Suzanne
Jul 27, 2012 Amy rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Loved it!!!
Celeste Dortman
Celeste Dortman marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Kelly-Marie
Kelly-Marie marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
  • Polished Off (Southern Beauty Shop, #2)
  • Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11)
  • Deadly Daggers (A Renaissance Faire Mystery, #3)
  • Grace Interrupted (Manor House Mystery, #2)
  • Absolutely, Positively (Lucy Valentine, #3)
  • Formula for Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #3)
  • Flowerbed of State (A White House Gardener Mystery, #1)
  • An Uninvited Ghost (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #2)
  • Death in a Difficult Position (Mantra for Murder, #4)
  • The More the Terrier (Pet Rescue Mystery #2)
  • Thread Reckoning (An Embroidery Mystery, #3)
  • Death on a Platter (Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper, #7)
  • A Deadly Cliché (A Books by the Bay Mystery #2)
  • Swift Edge (A Charlie Swift Mystery #2)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Endangered (Summer Westin Mystery, #1)
  • Let's Play Dead (Museum, #2)
Penny Warner is an award-winning author of over sixty books, including DEAD BODY LANGUAGE mystery series (Macavity winner), HOW TO HOST A KILLER PARTY series, and the upcoming Food Festival series. Her middle-grade mystery, THE CODE BUSTERS CLUB, won the Agatha Award for Best Children's Mystery.

More about Penny Warner...

Party Planning (5 books)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • How to Survive a Killer Séance (Party Planning, #3)
  • How to Dine on Killer Wine (Party Planning, #5)