Start by marking “Priceless” as Want to Read:
Priceless

Priceless

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  663 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Headstrong and adventurous, Bronwyn Edana regularly stuns polite society with her reckless exploits. But there is one type of exploit the fiery beauty has never experienced. Still innocent when it comes to men and their roguish ways, she can barely believe the breathless desire she has begun to feel for Adam Keane, a distinguished nobleman and a man with more than his fair ...more
Published March 17th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published August 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Priceless, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Priceless

Melinda
This book was quite difficult to get through. For one, there isn't anything much more boring, in my opinion, than the stock market. There is an abundance of stock talk in this novel. For another, the hero, Lord Rawson, is a very unfriendly, cruel, unlikable man who never shows an ounce of kindness to Bronwyn. Somehow this leads to her falling in love with him. Hmm....
The writing was poor and sometimes I experienced a bit of confusion about what was happening. In one awkward scene, they tear up e
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 29, 2010 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of historic romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
A wonderfully crafted tale of romance, up to the last few pages I still didn't know how he was going to marry the right one.
Kristine
This was a fun historical romance. Browny was spirited and Adam was strong and passionate. I loved that she runs away from him and he follows her, although it pissed me off that he agreed to marry her sister! The underlying murder mystery was not so mysterious and a bit convoluted but fun and added a little spice.
J. Ostrowski
Oh dear God, would that a coworker had not left this at my desk. Freakin' fantastic plot. Gawdawful writing. It was like words...no, whole sentences were left out. The beginning was awkward and hard to follow. The characters were poorly developed in the beginning, particularly the secondary character such as Browyn's parents. They seemed to flipflop in their words and actions. argh. annoying. There was a scene in the beginning when Adam says some fairly cruel things to another person regarding B ...more
Chanpreet
It's amazing how things change with time. I've read so many books that the ones that didn't stand out tend to fade. I re-read this book today after who knows how long and saw that my 3 star rating no longer applied. This book is definitely worth 5 stars or more.

This is a romance novel that I think is one that would do well if it was published for the first time today. The fact that it's written by Christina Dodd is just another plus point for it.

The setting and history behind this book are not
Kim
No, I didn't forget to mark the stars. That's really my rating--a big fat zero. I hate to have to say this about a book by an author I normally love, but this book was TERRIBLE! It was almost painful to continue reading it, but I did so in the hopes that it would improve as it went on.

Well...it didn't. I just couldn't like either the hero or the heroine, so I didn't really care what happened to them. The secondary characters were just as bad, if not worse. The whole thing just seemed pointless.

I
Sharyn
The reviews of this book were all over the map-from 0 to 5 stars! This book, written in 1992 holds up well. I liked the historical descriptions of the stock market and the scandals of the South Sea Company. The financial machinations of the time had a great political affect in England at the time, and the explanations were well done. In addition, the heroine was very intelligent and understood all that was going on. Robert Walpole was a character and some of the action was trying to thwart his a ...more
Kassi
This book was one of those that I read in two days! Partly because work was slow.. haha, but also because I couldn't put it down! It's one of those similar to say, Pride and Prejudice in historical timing, but so much more exciting! I love a leading lady that can think for herself and is just a little bit different than everyone else! With a bit of a stock market conspiracy happening throughout and interesting tid-bits about trading stocks during this time period, it made for a stimulating read! ...more
Joy
Characters were well introduced and there was a gradual development but it bored me a lot because mostly it talked about stocks and the stock market. Quite different from other Christina Dodd novels I've read because the marriage was fixed, the heroine wasn't really full of herself and the guy wasn't a rake, but someone very serious. His character is constant all through out but there are parts where I hated him for taking advantage of the girl. It all worked out in the end (happy ending of cour ...more
April
This is definitely not one of my favorite Christina Dodd books. All that Stock Market talk was a little over my head, to be honest. I think that the story should have been more about Bronwyn and her transformation and insecurities and Adams gradual acceptance and understanding. But I did read it all in one sitting, so it held my interest.
Ssil
Amor sin medida, escrito en 1992, cuenta a su favor con un contexto realista y unos protagonistas peculiares. Es una novela que entretiene, de regencia clásica, que cuenta con varios ingredientes, pero de la que se podría haber sacado mucho más.

Reseña: http://loquequierahoy.blogspot.com.es...
Maura
London 1720 Bronwyn is engaged to a be married through arrangement. Adam is a nobleman who was thoughtless and unkind with his description of Bronwyn's physical attributes. She realizes Adam's low opinion of her and runs away. There is also a conspiracy subplot involving the British realm. The story was just okay.
Korie
This book could have been really great if there was more "something" from the hero. It also felt a bit choppy at times, so much so that I went back and checked the page numbers to see if I had missed a page.
"something" = devotion, caring, society be damned ... I don't know, but something was missing.
Kirsten
This was a *terrible* book. Too much "intellectual" plot (HA!), not enough sex and romance - just a bunch of dumb people (who think they are smart) running around doing reallllly dumb things. I can't believe I actually read the whole damn thing. ::hides in shame::
gina~*
Come on ladies... Wapole made me give this book 5 stars.. what a funny character he was!! Great Dodd... I really enjoyed this one more than her others. Wittier, better mystery, hotter romance than any other Dodd's I've read so far.
Sherry
I enjoy Dodd's novels. This one takes place a bit earlier in 1720 and I liked learning about that period. I love a good Rake who knows love when he finds it and that's the jist of this.
Kerry
Took me a while to get through this one. It was a pretty good story, but there were some slow spots where I started to get bored. I'd give it a 3.5 if I could.
Mina De Caro (Mina's Bookshelf)
The best part? When Bronwyn leaves after overhearing an unflattering conversation about her between Adam and his secretary. Sweet revenge!
Diana
Slow beginning, okay middle, drawn out ending. I see no reason to change my opinion of Dodd's writing.
Jen
As many have stated, way too much intrigue, not enough romance. I actually hate the hero, too...so yeah....
Kimchi
I thought this book was very good. I would recommend it to everyone.
Marianne
First time with this author. Cute story. It was OK
Frances Fuller
Even a good writer can write a lemon.
Amy
My 100th book of the year
Susan Laine
Aug 24, 2009 Susan Laine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: have
have
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
  • Who Will Take This Man? (Regency, #1)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Bride of the Wind
  • The Ideal Wife (Stapleton-Downes, #1)
  • One Night With a Rogue
  • The Prince's Bride (Effingtons, #4)
  • Kiss Me Quick (Kiss Me, #1)
  • Heart of Honor (Heart Trilogy #1)
  • The Charm School (Calhoun Chronicles #1)
  • Just One Kiss
  • Suddenly
  • The Vampire Who Loved Me (Cabot, #2)
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • The Finer Things (Saint Georges, #2)
  • Four In Hand (Regency, #2)
  • The Great Alone
  • The Buccaneer
  • Kentucky Bride
Join Christina's mailing list for upcoming book news, book sales and entertainment delivered right to your inbox! http://christinadodd.com/newsletters/...

In 2014, Christina is publishing the enhanced Lost Hearts series in e-book:
-- JUST THE WAY YOU ARE
-- ALMOST LIKE BEING IN LOVE
-- CLOSE TO YOU
— GABRIEL'S GIFT: A Lost Hearts Christmas Story (All-new 2014)
And Christina's all-new series, Virtue Fal
More about Christina Dodd...
Scent of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #1) Into The Shadow (Darkness Chosen, #3) Into the Flame (Darkness Chosen, #4) Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #2) Storm of Visions (The Chosen Ones, #1)