Start by marking “Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn: A Comprehensive Guide for Teaching All Adults” as Want to Read:

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  33 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
New to this edition is the blending of a neuroscientific understanding of motivation and learning with an instructional approach responsive to linguistically and culturally different adult learners. Based on the most current educational and biological research, Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn addresses issues that focus on deepening learner motivation and helping adult ...more
Published January 11th 2011 by Jossey-Bass (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enhancing Adult Motivation to Learn

Abner Huertas
Feb 19, 2015 Abner Huertas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a business consultant and I work with adults. This book really helped me to understand how we as adults learn. in my work I've to teach, this book gave me more tools to do a better job.
Dayna
Dec 04, 2012 Dayna rated it really liked it
I read this for an Adult Learning class in graduate school. This book would have been good for teachers, but as an administrator, I found it to be a little too much information. There are lots of great teaching strategies in the later part of the book. The beginning of the book was more relevant to my interests, as it talked more about why adults will take classes, motivations, theory, etc.
Bob
Jul 23, 2012 Bob rated it really liked it
Excellent summary of the research and thought relevant to motivating adult learners. Much quicker read than I anticipated.
Mike Atkinson
Mike Atkinson is currently reading it
Mar 20, 2016
Fredrick Stubbs
Fredrick Stubbs rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2015
Galina
Galina marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Jas1288
Jas1288 rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Rida Hidayati
Rida Hidayati marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Cassie Christman
Cassie Christman marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Jess
Jess added it
Apr 07, 2015
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2015
Vesna
Vesna rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
Mark Karnowski
Mark Karnowski rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2015
Erick C.
Erick C. rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2015
Ron Savilla
Ron Savilla rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2015
Johanna Uupindi
Johanna Uupindi marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Delaney Dixon
Delaney Dixon rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2014
Tania Avilés
Tania Avilés marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2014
Merry Edmondson
Merry Edmondson rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Steve
Steve rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Jon Gilge
Jon Gilge marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Nisreen
Nisreen rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2014
Winda Hapsari
Winda Hapsari rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014

“From a biological perspective, making mistakes is critical to new learning” 1 likes
“Challenge occurs when we have to apply current knowledge or skills to situations that require extension or development of them.” 0 likes