Start by marking “Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology with Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM [With Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM]” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  116 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology continues to set the standard for short-course A&P texts with an enhanced media package and new "active learning" features that help allied health students better visualize and understand the structure and function of the human body. While many authors merely condense a two-semester text to meet a one-semester need, Elaine M ...more
Published January 14th 2005 by Benjamin-Cummings Publishing Company (first published October 28th 1993)

Be the first to ask a question about Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology with Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM [With Essentials of Interactive Physiology CD-ROM]

Stephen Ferrer
Sep 04, 2010 Stephen Ferrer rated it it was amazing
great
Emily Russell
May 18, 2015 Emily Russell rated it it was amazing
I have decided to add this book to my Goodreads, as this book helped me pass the first two years of my degree, and I've actually enjoyed reading it.

I recommend it to anyone that is studying Radiography at Leeds university (very specific group of people), but also to anyone who's generally interested in Human Anatomy. It goes into enough detail that it isn't too confusing, and uses brilliant analogies to explain the body's internal systems.

Thanks Marieb!
Jaime
Dec 19, 2014 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pmti
Lack of close reading notwithstanding, this is a great book for people who want a glimpse into the workings of the human body. And future massage therapists. Keywords (mostly from memory, even though this book has a sweet glossary) that everyone should know:

Axon
Vasoconstriction
White blood cell (a.k
M Black hart
Apr 18, 2014 M Black hart marked it as to-read
thanx for this worth book
Apr 04, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2014
A lot of information presented in a readable style. Good diagrams, photos, and illustrations. The accompanying CD-ROM was a helpful study tool. I need to go back and finish the biochemistry chapter; that was a slog for me. I'm sure I'll refer back to many sections as I go through school. Glad to have this book!
Areejmk
Jul 11, 2011 Areejmk rated it really liked it
استعرته من "أشنتي" () أجمل شيء بهذا الكتاب إن كل (سيستم) بـ(تشابتر) وفي بداية كل تشابتر يحكي شبه قصة عن شيء بحياتنا دايم نسويه ويكون هذا (السيستم) مسؤول عنه
زاد من متعة الدراسة منه إن كله "نوتس" من صديقتي + معلوماته تحمس للحياة مو بس كمنهج دراسي
Mars
Feb 08, 2011 Mars rated it really liked it
I read this for school and fun - I enjoy reading medical books as a general rule. This one was well organized, had good diagrams and graphics, and the self-tests were very helpful. It also came with an interactive CD that was a great study tool.
Faye
i still remember the days when we started learning the medical terms of man's body parts. it was very difficult and challenging but still i think it was worth it since the subjects we took after this are much, much harder.
Carla
Feb 04, 2014 Carla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great for entry level A & P courses. I loved the added material provided for instructors. Pearson is by far my favorite publisher to use to teach Science courses.
Angela
Jan 24, 2009 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say; if you are studying and learning about the 11 different systems in the body, this is a great book:-)
Christina
Jan 05, 2013 Christina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Medical students/Future Massage Therapists
Recommended to Christina by: PMTI
Very well put-together text which very clearly and efficiently explains all of the systems of the human body.
Marie
May 05, 2011 Marie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a really great book, that had a ton of great information that was easy to read.
Stef
Dec 06, 2011 Stef rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally finished. Good riddance! (although I did learn a lot ..)
Jill
May 05, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Hallelujah, I'm almost done with this class!
Lulu
Dec 02, 2007 Lulu rated it it was amazing
excellent book for basic anatomy.
Reyet Pedrosa
Reyet Pedrosa marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Ivy Coleen
Ivy Coleen marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Marie Arnante
Marie Arnante marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Jimela
Jimela marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Yasmeena Sayeh
Yasmeena Sayeh marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Cik Sue
Cik Sue rated it it was ok
May 13, 2016
Sue Lehr
Sue Lehr marked it as to-read
May 06, 2016
Rei
Rei marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Nathanaeldemeke
Nathanaeldemeke marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2016
Ankush
Ankush marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Gerilynn Moline
Gerilynn Moline rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2016
  • Maternal and Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing and Childrearing Family
  • The Body Electric: Electromagnetism and the Foundation of Life
  • Clinically Oriented Anatomy
  • IT Project Management: On Track from Start to Finish, Third Edition
  • The Penguin of Death
  • Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple: The Essential How-to Guide to Symptoms, Dosage, Timing, and More
  • Tree Finder: A Manual for the Identification of Trees by Their Leaves
  • Badjelly The Witch: A Fairy Story
  • The Oxford Illustrated History of Prehistoric Europe
  • The Hidden Half of Nature: The Microbial Roots of Life and Health
  • Physiology of Behavior
Dr. Marieb began her teaching career at Springfield College, where she taught anatomy and physiology to physical education majors. She then joined the faculty of the Biological Science Division of Holyoke Community College after receiving her Ph.D. in zoology from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

While teaching at Holyoke Community College, where many of her students were pursuing nursin
More about Elaine Nicpon Marieb...