Start by marking “Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)” as Want to Read:
Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4)

Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers #4)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  26,868 Ratings  ·  1,241 Reviews
Librarian's Note: Alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here.

After spending three London seasons searching for a husband, Daisy Bowman's father has told her in no uncertain terms that she must find a husband. Now. And if Daisy can't snare an appropriate suitor, she will marry the man he chooses—the ruthless and aloof Matthew Swift.

Daisy is horrified. A Bowman never ad
Mass Market Paperback, 374 pages
Published July 25th 2006 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Scandal in Spring, please sign up.

Cs No, because Cam gets himself a great lady in the Hathaway series. If you haven't read them, you are missing another great series.
Courtney Tonokawa I think around a year or so has passed from between the end of Devil in Winter to the this one. The first three were very much back-to-back in the…moreI think around a year or so has passed from between the end of Devil in Winter to the this one. The first three were very much back-to-back in the events that took place, and were set in 1843. I think this one was set around 1845, but I could be wrong. (less)

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4 Standing by your man Stars

photo tumblr_inline_n53bvthod71qa43er_zpsvsqrdnyp.gif

Scandal in Spring was a touching and sweet read. I loved Daisy and Matthew. Matthew had a funny dry sense of humor that was very charming. Daisy was a romantic and a dreamer. They made a cute couple. I thought Matthew was so sweet the way he loved Daisy. I loved the bowls war they had. I laughed so hard. I have to say I really don't like Daisy and Lillian's parents. Just sayin' they are cold-hearted assholes. This book was a little slower for me then some of the othe
Auntee
May 10, 2008 Auntee rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
Recommended to Auntee by: Eastofoz
I loved this story! Maybe it was because I approached it with lower expectations, since everyone has said it's not as good as the first three Wallflower books, or maybe it was because LK is such a fabulous storyteller, and made me fall in love with the characters...but who cares--I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thinking back on the other Wallflowers stories, maybe Scandal In Spring doesn't quite have all the drama, or even the passion (although Daisy and Matthew were passionate enough for me) of the oth
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Book 4 in the Wallflower series finds Daisy Bowman, the only wallflower yet unwed, being faced with an ultimatum: Find a suitable husband by the end of May, or be forced to wed a man of her father’s choosing. Who is that man? Matthew Swift, Thomas Bowman’s protégé and the last person on the planet that Daisy would ever consider marrying.

Matthew Swift learns about the marriage ultimatum from Daisy herself. While he has secretly adored her for years, there are skeletons in his closet that would th
Susanne
I'll just say I agree on everything the third time around. I cried and laughed just as much as the first two reads.

description

Updated review after second reread 3/27/13

Oh my freaking god - this book is so amazing! This was the second time around, and if anything I loved it more! I truly love the Wallflower series and this book is my favorite. If I could only read one romance novel ever again, then I would pick this one.

I loved the writing, the humor, the plot, well everything! If I could, I would have hig
Christina ~ Brunette Reader
This fourth and last instalment is, on par with the first Secrets of a Summer Night, the one that I found less engaging in the series.
A hero hiding his identity, pining after the heroine since she was fifteen, she who has never spared him a glance until they meet again in England years later where she suddenly "notices" him? Not the best scenario to lure me in as far as my favourite tropes go, and I knew this from the start, but I really wanted to read the complete series so, armed with the best
Jill
Oct 11, 2014 Jill rated it really liked it

'Father, wouldn't it be wonderful if hummingbirds had tea parties and we were small enough to be invited?'
Daisy

A lovely romance between a whimsical dreamer and an ambitious, pragmatic businessman. A wonderful story, a hint of mystery, touches of humour and love scenes (mostly) devoid of purple prose. The best in the series.

Steam: 2.5-3
Marisa Sauco
Mar 26, 2017 Marisa Sauco rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adorables Daisy y Mathew. ❤ Una historia preciosa. ¡Me encantó! ...more
Robin (Bridge Four)
Daisy is the most fanciful of all the Wallflowers. She is forever with her head stuck in a book and thinking random thoughts.
“When he had explained why investors who wanted low risk and moderate returns should put their capital into national debt shares, Daisy had interrupted him by asking, “Father, wouldn’t it be wonderful if hummingbirds had tea parties and we were small enough to be invited?”

Matthew on the other hand is dependable with two feet firmly on the ground and pockets full of solu
Rane
This was a really adorable read for the final wallflower Daisy!

I really adored Daisy throughout the series and was really looking forward to her book, Daisy is such a dreamer and perhaps like many readers can relate to her more then the other wallflowers. When she forced to find a husband or get married to her father’s chosen man for her, she tries her best to find a husband and quick! What she doesn’t realize is her father’s chosen man would be the handsome and caring Matthew Swift, who I ju
Mo
Mar 08, 2017 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked Daisy in the previous books. She is the last Wallflower in need of a husband. Mama, of course, wants an aristocrat. Daisy just wants someone to love her for what she is ... she is a little romantic, a bit scatterbrained, somewhat unpredictable, a dreamer, a reader, a true friend ...

Duchess Nicole
I can safely say that I loved all of the Wallflowers, and I loved all of their men. But I do think I loved Matthew Swift most of all. He is such a down to earth person, not really caring about others opinions of him. He just does what he wants, and what he wants is usually wonderfully endearing. His interaction with Annabelle's baby made me melt. He and Daisy's "bloodthirsty lawn bowling" game made me laugh out loud. And his enduring love for Daisy was beautiful. There are so many lines in this ...more
Joanita
Daisy deserved a husband who was honest and whole, not one who had built his life on lies.
But that didn’t stop Matthew from wanting her. He had always wanted Daisy, with an intensity that seemed to radiate from the pores of his skin.

♥ What an excellent book for the final wallflower!! ♥

She hated it that she felt so alive with him. She hated the way her senses drank in his presence like dry earth absorbing rain. She hated his handsome face and virile body, and the mouth that was more tempting
Lover of Romance
Daisy Bowman, the last of the wallflowers left to marry, has had three season and has yet to find a man to marry. So her father insists that she has two months to find a husband, or she will be marrying Matthew Swift. From what she remembers of Matthew Swift is a cold man so much like her father, who is driven and intelligent, but when she meets him again she is stung by how much he has changed over the years. No longer a "bag of cabbage" he is handsome, strong features and mesmerizing. So with ...more
Nenia *the flagrant liberal* Campbell

Instagram || Twitter || Facebook || Amazon || Pinterest

I'm slowly working my way through the Wallflowers series, and I have to say, this is Lisa Kleypas at her most charming. Nothing can surpass my love for The Gamblers duology, of course, but Wallflowers comes pretty darn close. It's about three sisters, and their friend, all of whom are considered wallflowers and bluestockings, and completely undesirable as wives...

Daisy Bowman is the last Wallflower, and really feeling that "forever alone" v
Lady Heather
Feb 24, 2010 Lady Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: historical romance, luvvas of Lisa Kleypas
First read March 15-16 , 2010

Second read March 24, 2013.. yup read it in a day... that good!!

This is the fourth book, and perhaps my favorite in the Wallflower series. In the previous three books we are introduced to Daisy Bowman. The daughter of an American industrialist and entrepreneur. Thomas Bowman has brought his two daughters to England with the sole purpose of them marrying a Peer. His motives for this is so that his business connections will be better when he expands his Soap Empire t
Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog)

Miss Annabelle Payton, Miss Lillian Bowman, Miss Evangeline Jenner and Miss Daisy Bowman used to be regular sights at the peripheral of a ballroom. This was before they formed an unlikely friendship each vowing to help the others out to find a husband by means fair and foul. Daisy Bowman is the last of the wallflowers to be wed and now her father has issued her with the ultimatum of finding a husband in the next few months...or he will pick someone for her.

This is the last full length book in t
Jilly
Aug 14, 2015 Jilly rated it really liked it
It was a popular belief in Victorian society that women, with their mercurial natures and lesser brains, could not have the same quality of friendship that men did. Only men could be loyal to each other, and only men could have truly honest and high-minded relationships.

how fucking dare you sir photo: howdareyou_zps55a86148.gif
this has got to be one of the coolest gif's I've found. WTF is going on here?

So, the Victorian asshats didn't think much of women, huh? Well, I say to them:

fuck you photo: Fuck You (Half Baked) Fuck-you-half-baked.gif

The last of the Wallflowers finds her true love in this book. It is a
Ronyell
I have been reading Lisa Kleypas’ “Wallflowers” series for a long time and now, I have finally read the fourth book in the “Wallflowers” series, “Scandal in Spring!” This time, the fans are introduced to Daisy Bowman, the last of the Wallflowers, who seems to have a love/hate relationship with ruthless yet gentle Matthew Swift! “Scandal in Spring” is one romance novel that is so full of drama, exciting and pure sizzling romance that will have every romance fan boiling with pure pleasure!

Daisy Bo
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Didi
WOW. WOW. WOW. WOW.

Can I give this a million stars??!!!!

I don't know if I'm capable of saying anything that could come close to the worthiness of this book. It's LK. Enough said.

Honestly though, I LOVED THIS. I am battling over whether this, or 'Devil in Winter' is the best of the series. I keep coming up empty. THEY'RE BOTH AMAZING. BEAUTIFUL. MEMORABLE.
I love Daisy. She was the sweet, yet intelligent sister to Lilliane and the youngest of the wallflowers. She was magical and possessed a very
Lisa Kay
Lawn bowling...
“The Lesson,” by Dita Joseph

★★★★★ (This is a review of the audiobook.) Ms. Landor is one of my favorite Historical Romance readers because she always gets the atmosphere right for the era. That, and her pacing is perfect. Here she convincingly depicts the outraged Daisy Bowman, who is appalled that her father wants her to marry his protégé. Ms. Landor adds dimension and emotion to Ms. Kleypas’ characters and I even cried over one conversation between Daisy and her sister, Lillian;
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
SCANDAL IN SPRING is the fourth book in Lisa Kleypas's excellent Wallflowers series and is the captivating story of Daisy Bowman who finds love where she least expects it.

Daisy's lack of success in the marriage mart forces an ultimatum from her father, Thomas Bowman. If she doesn't find a suitable husband within the next two months, she will marry her father's choice, Matthew Swift. This is Daisy's worst nightmare because she remembers Mr Swift as being an exact carbon copy of her father - cold,
Katrina Passick Lumsden
This one's cute and all but...

Really, after reading Evie and Sebastian's story, everything else in this series sort of pales in comparison. It's just too cute. Almost like it doesn't belong in the series at all. But I liked Daisy and Matthew, so it was at least enjoyable.

If only Evie and Sebastian had been in it more...
Jacqueline's Reads
May 14, 2017 Jacqueline's Reads rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-books
Scandal In Spring is part of the Wallflower series and is a standalone. It’s about four ladies who are kind of “different” and hence are called the Wallflowers.

Daisy is the last lady to be married. I really enjoyed Daisy’s book because I love her sister and her brother in law so much. Daisy is what I would say is quirky and a little silly. She is forced to marry Matthew Swift because her dad wants to give the company to Mr. Swift when he dies.

I LOVE the fact Daisy is forced into marriage. Every
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Mar 13, 2015 ᴥ Irena ᴥ rated it liked it
If it weren't for Lillian, I might like this book a bit more. There was simply too much of her and her infallibility. I think Daisy deserved a more pronounced role in her own story. Somehow other characters got in the way.

The good thing is I loved both Daisy and Matthew. I loved how they act together and apart. Neither is boring or overbearing like some characters tend to become in their own stories. Matthew's secret and problem are serious enough, but you are not beaten over your head with it.
Cristina
Pretty darn good read.
It's a shame I decided to read her books recently.
Raquel

Sigh! Love this series.

I was in a book slump and I knew I could count on LK to get me out. I really enjoyed this last book of the series. It was light, funny and sweet. My favorites of the series still are Again the Magic and It Happened One Autumn. I have the biggest crush on Marcus. He’s my favorite man of the series. Despite liking Matthew’s character I still loved and swooned everything Marcus did and said on this one.

This was Daisy and Matthew’s book. Daisy is the last single wallflower.
Fani *loves angst*
Daisy Bowman is the last unmarried wallflower and her father is so disappointed with her that he decides to take matters into his own hands and marry her to someone of his choosing. That man happens to be Matthew Swift, an employee of his, who unfortunately Daisy finds completely unbearable. However, when Swift comes to England it turns out he's not still the unattractive, cold man Daisy remembered. The years that have passed were more than kind to him, turning him into a handsome, confident and ...more
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • Devil Takes a Bride (Knight Miscellany, #5)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • The Many Sins of Lord Cameron (MacKenzies & McBrides, #3)
  • Unveiled (Turner, #1)
More about Lisa Kleypas...

Wallflowers (4 books)
  • Secrets of a Summer Night (Wallflowers, #1)
  • It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2)
  • Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3)

“Most lives are not distinguished by great achievements. They are measured by an infinite number of small ones. Each time you do a kindness for someone or bring a smile to his face, it gives your life meaning. Never doubt your value, little friend. The world would be a dismal place without you in it. (tweaked version of a passage from Scandal in Spring)” 186 likes
“I’m not short. I’m…vertically disadvantaged.” 69 likes