Start by marking “Che vita di merda” as Want to Read:
Che vita di merda

Che vita di merda (VDM de poche)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,354 Ratings  ·  126 Reviews
Come diceva quel tale, "se qualcosa può andar male lo farà". È una legge universale e non servirà a niente appellarsi a numi, divinità, antenati, cani e altri animali vari. Tanto vale esclamare ad alta voce le uniche, autentiche, illuminanti parole che baleneranno nella nostra mente come un faro nella notte: che VITA DI MERDA! Ecco, questo libro serve a sentirci meno soli, ...more
Paperback, Varia, 251 pages
Published July 2009 by Rizzoli (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Che vita di merda, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Che vita di merda

Will M.
Sep 07, 2015 Will M. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, 2015, humor
Exactly what I needed to finally get out of the dreaded reading slump. I needed something light to read, and this was hilarious. I haven't really read anything funny, so I guess I should consider this as my first humor book. It's not a novel in terms of the format, but rather it's a collection of experiences wherein people end up feeling like shit. Almost all of the experiences made me laugh out loud. I even tried reading a few pages in class and the professor noticed me laughing in my seat, so ...more
L
Nov 20, 2014 L rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes funny, sometimes heart-breaking, its really a mixed bag.

I wanted to enjoy this book ever since I spotted it for sale in HMV. I picked up the book and was ready to laugh at some of the hilarious situations that people have gone through in their lives. There's nothing funnier than hearing about someone's embarrassing or disappointing story. It's natural to laugh at others misfortune... However...

The book isn't entirely funny. I guess that's okay since its not advertised as being purely c
✟ℜoxanne✟(Death by ßook Avalanche)
Do you ever feel like your life is going down the toilet? Does something happen to you where you just wish the ground would open up and swallow you? Then read this book! Nothing makes you feel better about your own misfortune than reading about other people's misfortune. This book is a hilarious collection of unfortunate events that have affected members of the general public. These are the most popular stories taken from the website FML and are guaranteed to make you chuckle to yourself. I know ...more
AndRea
Snažila som sa ju čítať najpomalšie ako som vedela, lebo som si nechcela všetky tie vtipné príhody minúť na raz, ale už som to dlhšie nevydržala.
K tejto knihe sa budem určite vždy vracať, keď mi bude nanič. Čistý príklad toho, že nikdy nie je tak zle, aby nemohlo byť ešte horšie.
BTW. Mojou najklikanejšou stránkou je teraz fmylife.com, odporúčam absolútne každému!
Shannon
Nov 13, 2012 Shannon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not many things make me laugh, but this book had me laughing out loud at every page! Crude and inappropriate (maybe), but hysterical nonetheless. This book IS my life, on so many pages. Thanks to the friend who gave it to me!
Katja
Jan 22, 2015 Katja rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
Das Beste aus einem französischen Kult-Blog, in den jeder sein persönliches Mißgeschick eintragen konnte. Zusammengetragen und mit Illustrationen verfeinert, ergibt das ein Bild von mehr oder minder witzigen Geschichten. Recht amüsant, solange es anderen passiert, aber eben nicht wirklich unterhaltend, weil man ehrer nur Gedankensplitter liest und dann es dann trotzdem nur in kurzen Zusammenfassungen.
Die Illustrationen sind allerdings recht gut, wenn man so siehst, wie viel Mühe das Zeichen der
T.O. Munro
Feb 26, 2015 T.O. Munro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cheerful way to while away the half of a long car journey that I spent being the passenger. The moments range from the bizarre to the awful.

I suppose I could have added my own - Like the time decades ago as twelve year old at a very early stage of learning German, when I was wheeled up at one of my parents' parties to strut my linguistic stiff infront of one of dad's german work colleagues. So I said "Ich bin der Fuhrer" to a man who had served in the Hitler Youth.

Like another favourite, the
Chip
Oct 23, 2009 Chip rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is impossible to read from this book without laughing out loud. I challenge everyone to try it.

This book is a collection of submissions from the website fmylife.com - you can go there and read the most recent posts for yourself.

Alex and I picked this book out of the 99-cent bin at BooksAMillion in Meridian during a recent trip to Mississippi. Turns out it wasn't on sale and I paid top dollar for it (FML). Alex read from it for the last two hours of the drive. It was great. We arrived at our
Miranda Moore
Jun 11, 2015 Miranda Moore rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This will probably be one of my more brief reviews since there isn't really too much to explain about this one. I thought this would be a book about how the popular website, "F My Life" came to be. But it was more a compilation of "FMLs" thrown together.

The FMLs also seemed hastily thrown together to me. There seemed to be no way of keeping them in order and I think that would have benefited the endeavor better. Another problem was that I recognized a lot of them from the site, not a good pitch
Ariel
Jun 06, 2016 Ariel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happened to find this book at a local resale shop, decided to get it. I don't honestly have a whole lot to say about this book, it's pretty much exactly like the website fml.com, I mean some of the FMLs are funny and some of them are stupid. I did like the drawings though, I mean the artist's style, and it was just a nice quick read.
Elle
Aug 18, 2012 Elle rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
I haven't actually visited the website for a few years so when I saw this book in the sale, I thought it would be nice to re-visit.

I was, however, very disappointed in this book. To start with, it is meant to be read in small doses and that is exactly what I did, but it still didn't stop me from getting bored. This book dragged on. It was a pretty quick read but it felt far longer.

Anything that you get from this book can be found on the site, and while this may be a collection of the best ones,
Cindy
Mar 29, 2013 Cindy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny snippets from postings from a website - these will definitely pick you up (as in "well, at least my life isn't that bad") or, in some cases, make you grimace in sympathy. There are the just unlucky (start to fall down the stairs, catch yourself, take another step, fall the rest of the way), the lovelorn (spent a huge amount of money to surprise girlfriend in exotic location to propose and she texts a breakup to you at the airport when you land), the foot-in-mouth (asking the guy with an ar ...more
Charlene Armstrong
This was a very quick read that left me thinking that it was meant to be a "bathroom" book.

I thought for a few of the FML moments that could relate to them! Then there were the ones that made me sad for the people that wrote them, and finally there were the moments that I just couldn't believe happened.

It's ok read - but better to tune in on their website instead of having it all in one book.
Jenee Rager
Jan 25, 2014 Jenee Rager rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comedy
Just because you can read a book in one sitting, doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. Unfortunately I have some sort of OCD that won't allow me to start another book without finishing my current one so I read "F My Life" straight through. There were definitely some laugh out loud funny stories. A few that were so outrageous I tend to believe they were made up, but for the most part they were relatable little paragraphs that made you feel better about your own screwed up life.
Kai
I assumed this would be a lot like America's Funniest Home Videos and give me a laugh, but for the most part it was mean people doing and saying mean things to each other. Wasn't worth the time I gave it.
Terra
Jan 27, 2016 Terra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
There were some funny parts to this and some oh so true that you wish you could crawl under a rock but the most annoying thing about this book is, it's a mish mash of paragraphs that are just thrown together with no rhyme or reason. I'm not really into stupid and some of it was just that so thus the three stars.
Michele
Makes you realize how lucky you are

Some quips had me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes.
Others were sad and some were just plain gross. Bless those who endured this.
Kay Mcaloney
May 24, 2015 Kay Mcaloney rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There were very few things that made me laugh out loud. Most of it made me think of conversations that 14 year boys would have in a locker room. What wasn't funny was disgusting. Would not recommend unless you like bathroom humor.
mythicgeek
Feb 07, 2013 mythicgeek rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cynthia Jones
Jun 01, 2015 Cynthia Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humorous, witty, but sometimes depressing

The quips and stories all have only one theme - and it is to make you feel better about your life while reading!

These are often sad, bummer situations that can also share some familiarity but can cause chuckles as well.

Kind of a guilty pleasure.
Dave Sippel
Jan 04, 2014 Dave Sippel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book seems like it is a collection of twitter stories. You can fit three or even four complete stories onto one page. You wont find much intellectual stimulation in this book but there are a lot of awesome stories of everyday fails.

"Today I was arrested because my six year old son called the police, saying that I was hitting my wife and that she was crying. My wife and I had been having sex."

"Today my parents met my boyfriends parents for the first time...bailing us out of jail."
Crystal
All the submissions are mixed, so unless you're willing to sort through an onslaught of assholes expecting sympathy when confronted by the consequences of their actions (e.g., "Today, my mistress called my wife on the phone. FML"), then don't bother.

Some I'm hoping are prelude to instant break-up; I lost track of how many horrible boyfriends/fiancés subjected their supposedly significant other to the most base of disregard.

And there are a fair few that I'm certain were made up.

That said, there
Toby L. Vado
Aug 18, 2015 Toby L. Vado rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

Irreverent and spot on. Hilarious. Side splitting fun and teary eyed laughter constantly. I couldn't get enough of the happenings of these people.
Wayne
Jan 24, 2016 Wayne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At times disturbing and insanely offensive, this is book is uproariously funny in the way that it will make you laugh so hard, you'll probably cry laughing!
Siona
Aug 05, 2015 Siona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it in like an hour...honestly so hilarious and such a great read. Really cheers you up especially if you're having a bad day. Would read it again! :)
Racquel
Apr 19, 2015 Racquel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is Schadenfreude at its best. The events were painfully hilarious. it's a fun read especially if your life is full of shit. This book is like saying it could be worst.
Peacegal
Today a creepy man on the subway said he liked my eyeballs. It was the best compliment I’ve received in months. FML

Feeling low? This humorous collection of embarrassing and humiliating stories from the archives of the website of the same name will let you know there are many out there who can relate. Nearly every page of these tales of woe had me chuckling out loud.

As with many websites of the “true confessions” genre, it’s certain that a percentage of the submitted stories are fake. Better edi
Jan Self
Jun 16, 2015 Jan Self rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Funny!!!

This was one of the funniest books I have read!! I loved it!! And sadly could relate to a lot of them.
Amoy
Apr 12, 2015 Amoy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
some parts were funny, others disgusting and the rest were borderline depressing
  • Texts From Last Night: All the Texts That No One Remembers Sending
  • Sh*t My Kids Ruined: An A-Z Celebration of Kid-Destruction
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • The Customer Is Not Always Right: Hilarious and Horrific Tales of Customers Gone Wrong
  • The Book of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks: A Celebration of Creative Punctuation
  • Damn You, Autocorrect!: Awesomely Embarrassing Text Messages You Didn't Mean to Send
  • P.S. I Hate it Here: Kids' Letters from Camp
  • I Lick My Cheese And Other Notes: From The Frontline Of Flatsharing
  • Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
  • Awkward Family Photos
  • Regretsy: Where DIY Meets WTF
  • When Parents Text: So Much Said...So Little Understood
  • I Can Has Cheezburger?: A LOLcat Colleckshun
  • I Judge You When You Use Poor Grammar: A Collection of Egregious Errors, Disconcerting Bloopers, and Other Linguistic Slip-Ups
  • 1,001 Facts That Will Scare the S#*t Out of You: The Ultimate Bathroom Reader
  • Milk Eggs Vodka: Grocery Lists Lost and Found
  • Twitter Wit: Brilliance in 140 Characters or Less
  • Nynnes Dagbog

VDM de poche (3 books)
  • Vie de Merde - La suite...
  • F My Life World Tour