Start by marking “Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #4)” as Want to Read:
Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #4)

Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4 (Spice & Wolf: Manga #4)

4.34  ·  Rating Details  ·  301 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
Proud of his skillful transaction in Poroson (with more than a little help from Holo), Lawrence turns his cart toward Ruvinheigen in hopes of swelling his profits. Along the way, Lawrence and Holo meet the shepherdess Norah, whom they engage to "protect" them along the way. As it turns out, though, it isn't wolves from which Lawrence needs protection, but his own ambition. ...more
Published May 31st 2011 by Yen Press (first published March 27th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spice & Wolf, Vol. 4

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Jan 02, 2015 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
I wonder how far into the anime the series has gotten from the manga. Anyway, looks like Holo and Lawrence have set for another town, gain a maybe friend and deal with their profits and what scheme they should do next, etc. Another good volume.
Christina
Swelled with pride from his transaction in Poroson, where he was almost had, Lawrence makes his way, with Holo, to Ruvinheigen to make his profits grow even more. Along the way, he hires a shepherdess named Norah to assure his safety along a road that was rumored to be within wolf hunting grounds. Safe on their travels, the three finally arrive at Ruvinheigen, and Lawrence and Holo part ways with Norah.
When Lawrence goes to an old guild friend for a certificate, he sees a strange reaction when h
Zac Chase
Jan 17, 2014 Zac Chase rated it it was amazing
holo and Lawrence stumble upon an cheep merchant that is trying to get them drunk and using an off balance scale. and Lawrence makes the merchant give them some armor for trying to trick them. the merchant gives them the armor and then Lawrence and holo leaves for the next town. when they get near the town the road is blocked because there are mercenaries ahead of them. so they decides to take a longer way bu it is rumored to be guarded by wolves. so they find a shepherdess (Norah from the other ...more
josh
Apr 22, 2014 josh rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Holoholics
Holo and Lawrence continue on their quest for wealth and good fortune, traveling a new road where they meet a shepherdess, who accompanies them to Ruvinheigen. Our dear little Wisewolf continues in her playful ways, flirtatious as always and on the edge of trouble-making.

A nice description of buying on the margins and the importance/power of trade guilds and the value of the connections they bring.
Miss Ryoko
Apr 27, 2015 Miss Ryoko rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, library-book
So the last volume, we were sort of mysteriously introduced to Norah... there seems to be something up or wrong with her but we never really know. She shows up again in this volume and the entire time I was waiting to see what her deal was... but there wasn't much of anything. She seems pretty normal, so I wonder what sort of twist is coming with her.

The end of this volume was pretty cliffhanger-y! So I'm curious to see what is going to happen next!!
Dennis Yang
Mar 15, 2014 Dennis Yang rated it it was amazing
Seven WORDS

I LOVE THE ANIMATION LOVE THE MANGA!
Dominique
May 17, 2015 Dominique rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014, manga
I know that it's a beautifully drawn story but I don't know why I have read this far and am starting the next one. it's all about the money and trading system of this world and that part is actually quite boring. I guess I'm hoping that the relationship between the two main character develops more because that's really the kind of thing that I like reading.
Aine
May 31, 2011 Aine rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This series keeps getting better and better.
Blaize
Nov 06, 2014 Blaize rated it really liked it
Shelves: seinen
Summer
Nov 13, 2011 Summer rated it it was amazing
Good
Tenae
Tenae rated it really liked it
May 28, 2016
Haley
Haley marked it as to-read
May 20, 2016
CAVR
CAVR marked it as to-read
May 17, 2016
Ashley Riedlinger
Ashley Riedlinger rated it it was amazing
May 15, 2016
Dharma
Dharma rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Martin Cruz
Martin Cruz rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Jose Cuevas
Jose Cuevas rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2016
Aaron Heil
Aaron Heil rated it really liked it
May 09, 2016
Marina
Marina rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
k.c.
k.c. marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Aliix
Aliix marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2016
Kayla Veloz
Kayla Veloz rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2016
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2016
Swapnil S
Swapnil S rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Ryn Espinoza
Ryn Espinoza rated it it was amazing
Apr 11, 2016
Adam
Adam added it
Apr 11, 2016
Dragon
Dragon marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
  • 涼宮ハルヒの驚愕 (前) (Haruhi Suzumiya, #10)
  • Chobits, Omnibus 2
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 2 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #2)
  • K-ON!, Vol. 4
  • Rin-Ne 1 (Rin-Ne, #1)
  • Chibisan Date Volume 1
  • Kieli, Volume 1: The Dead Sleep in the Wilderness
  • Red River, Vol. 2 (Red River, #2)
  • Oh My Goddess! Volume 24

Spice & Wolf: Manga (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 1 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #1)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 2 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #2)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 3 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #3)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 5 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #5)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 6 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #6)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 7 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #7)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 8 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #8)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 9 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #9)
  • Spice & Wolf, Vol. 10 (Spice & Wolf: Manga, #10)
  • Spice and Wolf, Vol. 11 (manga)