Tied with a Bow (Includes: Breeds, #25; World of the Lupi, #8.5)

Tied with a Bow (Breeds #25 Anthology)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  2,227 ratings  ·  148 reviews
#1 New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh headlines an all-new paranormal romance anthology that turns up the holiday heat.

#1 New York Times bestselling author Lora Leigh features the Breeds in her story. New York Times bestselling author Virginia Kantra brings a haunting tale of a fallen angel. USA Today bestselling author Eileen Wilks returns to the shapeshifing L...more
Trade Paperback, 426 pages
Published November 1st 2011 by Berkley Trade

Bloodlines by Richelle MeadOne Grave at a Time by Jeaniene FrostClockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareLover Reborn by J.R. WardThe Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa
Paranormal Titles for 2nd Half of 2011!
142nd out of 258 books — 949 voters
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Best Erotica
395th out of 1,389 books — 1,704 voters

More lists with this book...

Melindeeloo
Do not let the cheesy cover, with the decapitated stubbly man torso and the strategicly placed bow, tempt you into passing on Tied with a Bow. If you do you will be missing out on a collection of stories both ultra spicy and sweet, and some tidbits from Lora Leigh's and Eileen Wilks' established series mixed in with some promising starts to series in brand new worlds from Virginia Kantra and Kimberly Frost.

The stories in the order that I read them...

Human Error by Eileen Wilks - World of the L...more
Dee
Lora Leigh story only

I got this book because of Ms Leigh's edition to the Breed series. I have been a huge fan of the Breeds as soon as I read the first one and that carried throughout most of the series. However I had started to feel like the series was getting tired towards the end and that perhaps it was time to cut them lose but keep finding myself saying just one more this will be the last especially as I had thought that the last installment (Navarro's Promise) had improved from the prev...more
Melanie
Review for Lora Leigh's 'An Inconvenient Mate' only:

Normally I enjoy Leigh's 'Breeds' stories - especially the earlier ones - but lately the calibre of these super sexy books have been dropping and it's been awhile since I was truly excited or impressed. The last one that really rocked my world was Anya and Del-Rey's story in 'Coyote's Mate'. Tough-as-nails yet vulnerable heroine + hard and uncompromising alpha Coyote Breed + mating heat = HOT HOT HOT! That was it, the Coyote Breeds were officia...more
MelissaB
Ratings only for:

Virginia Kantra - 3* - Not a bad story, just not great

Lora Leigh - 4.25* - Short story but enjoyable to read. I still enjoy my Breeds!
Dark Faerie Tales
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tale

Quick & Dirty: Four stories that will have you wishing for your own hot holidays.

Opening Sentence: The angel came down in the long gallery of the Conciergerie prison, the notorious antechamber to the guillotine.—Upon a Midnight Clear

The Review:

“Upon a Midnight Clear” by Virginia Kantra

A unique story about an angel named Lucien, who chooses to defy heaven itself to save the life of a young girl headed for the guillotine in 18th century France. For his sins,...more
Lisa (Fic Talk)
The first story was by an author I never heard of before, but surprisingly I enjoyed what she wrote. It was a historical piece about angels and the choices that they make and how it affects them. And of course... falling in love.
I'm not usually a fan of period pieces but this one was written rather well and it kept me glued to it til the very end.

However, the second story was not so great. An archangel who's allowed to marry and still be an angel?
Um, yeah right. I like happily ever afters as muc...more
Alisa
VERY pleased with this book. Good story by Kantra.. Frost was good.. haven't read anything by her before.. Lora Leigh story was awesome.... Malachi... But honestly.. I REALLY hope I know who Ashley's mate is... Because if it is the person I think it is... It's gonna be balls to the wall .... And I can't wait...
Jacqueline
I read and enjoyed three of these stories. Couldn't get into the shifter story by Eileen Wilks probably because it starts with the couple already together and I felt like I was reading an epilogue full of way too many characters I didn't know. The two fallen angel stories were interesting and worth reading. The breeds story by Lora Leigh was pretty nice.
Jenn Scranton
I know what you're thinking! I need to stop reading these Christmas romance novels. I just get so excited with the idea and then... and then... they're just... stupid. Tied with a bow, no exception. Just...stupid.
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Mar 03, 2012 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of erotic paranormal romance
[Those who think they've already read this review of mine, please note the addition in italics near the bottom.]

This was a solid 4.5 out of 5. I bought it for the Lora Leigh Breeds story, which I really liked. In addition, I'm going to have to start reading some of these other series, which is what the publisher hoped.

Virginia Kantra's Upon a Midnight Clear (Children of the Air) was a very nice story with a great plot and good characters. The setting in the 1790's did nothing for me, I prefer my...more
Carolyn F.
Anthology. I can read about demons, aliens, vampires, serial killers, threesomes, shapeshifters, but I can't read about angels. I just have this block and a loud voice in my head yelling "NEXT!", so of course two of these stories are about angels. Since I won't read these stories, my rating was not affected by their deletion.

Of the two stories I read, I loved them and purchasing this book was worth it just for those two stories.

1. Upon a Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra. Not read.

2. First Ligh...more
Victoria
Upon A Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra - It was just Ok to me. I skimmed the last half of the story, just to get through it. It could have been because I’m not a big fan of historicals. 2 Stars.

First Light by Kimberly Frost - I really enjoyed the characters, the plot and the world. This story is the prequel to Frost’s Etherlin series, and I’ve already preordered the first book, All That Bleeds. This is the first story that I’ve read by Frost, and I look forward to reading more from her. 4 Star...more
Sandy
TIED WITH A BOW-New Release (Review)-posted November 22, 2011
Tied with a Bow, is a 4 story paranormal anthology from Lora Leigh, Virginia Kantra, Eileen Wilks and Kimberly Frost. Released November 1, 2011, three of the four storylines take place around the holidays, but not one is specific to the theme presented on the cover.

UPON A MIDNIGHT CLEAR by Virginia Kantra
This novella is a prequel to the Children of the Air series. Julien Hartwell, is an angel, assigned to earth to bring back the souls...more
Darcy
This review is only for stories by Lora Leigh, Eileen Wilks, and Kimberly Frost.

Leigh's story set in the breed world was a great one with Malachi, who we haven't seen too much before. I loved how he knew right away what was going on, but tried to put business first. I also loved how Isabelle stood up to her family for him. I think the new alliance will bring about some interesting things. My one big beef with this story is that this book is set after Lawe's Justice, but not numbered that way and...more
Kathy Davie
There are four stories in this anthology of romance.

Series: Human Error (World of the Lupi, 8.5)
An Inconvenient Mate (Breeds, 24.5)

The Stories
Virginia Kantra's Upon a Midnight Clear is an historical romance some years after the French Revolution. A decision made by an angel to rescue a girl from Madame Guillotine results in his becoming Fallen although he later finds Aimée surviving as an unpaid drudge in her cousin's house when Lucien arrives to court the daughter of the house for her dowry....more
Marie Ealing
*This in only the review of Lora Leigh's Novella*

An Inconvenient Mate is the 25th book in this series; at this point you would think that I should be tired, and after Navarro’s Promise I almost quit; but my self-nagging personality made me go and buy Tied with a Bow, the anthology where you can find this novella, and give the series yet another chance. I’m glad I did it because this story is good, maybe not first-books good but at least good enough to keep me entertained.

The novella is about Mal...more
Nicole
Review originally posted here: http://thebookpushers.com/2011/11/26/...

Publisher: Berkley
Publish Date: November 1st
How I got this book: Review copy from publisher

I love the world of the Lupi, so when I received this anthology, I was super excited to read Wilks story in particular. The stories in order in the anthology:

Upon a Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra
I started to read this story and stopped after only about 20 pages. I’ve read some of Kantra’s stories in the past, and I’ve never been a fa...more
Laurla2
upon a midnight clear by virginia kantra. children of the air series. A decision made by an angel to rescue a girl from Madame Guillotine results in his becoming Fallen although he later finds Aimée surviving as an unpaid drudge in her cousin's house when Lucien arrives to court the daughter of the house for her dowry.

first light by kimberly frost. etherlin series #0.5. a time traveling angel attempts to resolve an centuries-old feud with the help of a woman who is wearing his ring.

human error b...more
Ann  Lorz
I really enjoyed 2 of the four stories. I only read those two authors and even though I did try the other authors, one of the stories I felt lost in, like I was missing something. And the other one was just so-so. I did enjoy both of Kantra's and Leigh's stories. I only thing that kid of bugged me is that I didn't feel either one was that much a Christmas story.
Lynsey A
This review is only based on the Lora Leigh story.

Nice edition to the breeds series but at times I got a bit confused on some of the characters. Probably just me and it didn't really take away from the story. Pretty decent for a short story. I actually did skim through some of the final sex scenes. For a short story it was a bit too much. At least IMO.

Vic
This is for the Eileen Wilk's World of the Lupi short. I really enjoyed seeing Benedict and Arjenie again. They were off stage in Death Magic so it was nice to see how the relationship was growing and if her family would accept him.
Oleta Blaylock
An Inconvenient Mate by Lora Leigh

Damn I wish this had been a full length story. I think there was enough material here for a book instead of just a novella. For what I can tell this is the setup for Lawe's Justice. It seems a lot of the characters that are going to be in that book show up in this story.

This is Malachi's story. Rule, Stygian and Malachi are trying to get permission for the Navajo Nation to search for a serial killer that suspect is on the Reservation. Malachi finds his mate in a...more
Michielle
Update 2-18-2012
This time around I read Virginia Kantra's "Upon a Midnight Clear." This short is the prequel to the Children of the Air series, part of the Children of the Sea story line. The story was a cute and touching story of a fallen angel. But it did not get into any of the Elemental power struggles and demons. It does introduce us to the Amherst branch of the Nephilim mentioned in "Forgotten Sea."

1-12-2012 I had to put a pause on Lawe's Justice when I came to the part that referred back...more
Mara
Nov 19, 2011 Mara rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lora Leigh fans, romance readers
Recommended to Mara by: BamaGal (Naysa)
Shelves: novella, pnr
The anthology contains 4 novellas. The first two only are reviewed here. (Nyasa has perfectly reviewed the last 2, and better, stories.)

Upon A Midnight Clear by Virginia Kantra
This is regency romance passing as PNR. Unfortunately, wings do not a PNR make, at least in my opinion. The plot is purely historical, the impoverished cousin, the noble suitor who needs a rich wife but falls for the poor but noble one. The wings account only for his Nephilim state.
A nice story, well written, but as much...more
Trisha
I'll do this review a bit different then the others. I'm going to give a short description of the story then the review. I really dislike when I'm trying to decide if I should get a book and there's no description on the back.

Upon A Midnight Clear Virginia Kantra book description- A angel comes to answer a mothers prayers who is about to die and the wish changes the angels life forever when they meet again years later.

review- This was the first time I read this author and really liked the book...more
Lora Leigh's "An Inconvenient Mate" was another great Breed story. However, the editing was horrible. Too many mistakes. But the story itself was worth the purchase of the entire book. Which, is good since I didn't care for the other stories at all. That's probably why it took me four days to get through what should have taken no more than a two day read. I just kept thinking "they are bound to get better!" However, they did not. So in "An Inconvenient Mate" I loved how Leigh brought the Breeds...more
Shannon
Upon a Midnight Clear Virginia Kantra no rating I didn't read this one. To me, angels, romance, and sex don't mix. It's even worse than the zombie romance novel I read. Yuck.

First Light Kimberly Frost At first I thought this was Jeanine Frost, and I was all excited. Oops - wrong Frost. Then I started reading it before I realized that this, too, was an angel story. But I didn't really enjoy the writing anyway.

Human Error Eileen Wilks World of the Lupi 8.5 *****
Awesome story about Arjenie and Bene...more
Estara
Dec 11, 2011 Estara rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Estara by: It's an Eileen Wilks Lupi story
Shelves: ebook, read-in-2011
Once Upon
A good choice to enjoy while relaxing and unwinding in your favorite reading nook, good short novellas from your favorite authors to fill the gap to their next installments in the series.

Upon a Midnight Clear – Children of Air prequel – Virginia Kantra – 3 trees

A historical story where an angel falls after breaking the code and intervening with a dying mother making a promise to save her daughter. In his new form he finds her again as an adult, only to realize that she is the one that will make...more
Amanda
Upon a Midnight Clear
by: Virginia Kantra

Such an emotional story.
This couple has definitely had their ups and downs over the years... can they move past everything that has happened and find a way to be together or are they always going to be kept apart by their stations in life?

First Light
by: Kimberly Frost

Fantastic story! I love the way that their lives have been intertwined over the years!
This couple has faced everything that has been thrown into their paths, and have fought everything that wo...more
  • Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13)
  • Cyncerely Yours (World of the Lupi, #4.5)
  • Hot Spell (Demon World, #2; Breeds, #6; The Guardians, Prequel)
  • Rescue Me (Includes: T-FLAC, #11.5; Tempting SEALs, #6)
  • Within the Flames (Dirk & Steele, #11)
  • Lover Beware (Drake Sisters, #1; World of the Lupi, 0.5)
  • Inked (World of the Lupi, #4.7)
  • An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Murphy Sisters, #1)
  • Howl For It (Pride, #0.5)
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • Supernatural (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5; Guardians of Eternity, #7.5; Nightwalkers, #1.5; Dragon Kin, #0.4)
Lora Leigh lives in the rolling hills of Kentucky, often found absorbing the ambience of this peaceful setting. She dreams in bright, vivid images of the characters intent on taking over her writing life, and fights a constant battle to put them on the hard drive of her computer before they can disappear as fast as they appeared. Lora’s family, and her writing life co-exist, if not in harmony, in...more
More about Lora Leigh...
Wild Card (Elite Ops, #1) Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1) Mercury's War (Breeds, #16) Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) Lion's Heat (Breeds, #21)