Start by marking “Crunch Time (Work Out, #4)” as Want to Read:
Crunch Time (Work Out, #4)

Crunch Time (Work Out #4)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  410 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
When George Higgins agrees to help a soon-to-be-former professional football player rehearse for a guest appearance on a talk show, he doesn't expect anything to come of it. To his surprise, Darren White shows up on time and actually makes an effort to learn from George. But Darren has definite problems; he can barely read and sounds awful when he speaks. Luckily, George i ...more
Published March 16th 2011 by Dreamspinner Press (first published March 15th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Crunch Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crunch Time

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Madeleine UrbanBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
208th out of 506 books — 1,017 voters
Tigers and Devils by Sean KennedyCaught Running by Madeleine UrbanThe Locker Room by Amy LaneStr8te Boys by Evangeline AndersonHeart in Hand by salifiable
Best Gay Athletes
124th out of 333 books — 605 voters

More lists with this book...

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This is my favorite of the series so far. It managed to edge out Maddoc and Ivan's book for the top spot.

George is a cute guy who teaches fourth grade and is passionate about his work.

Darren is a soon to be ex-football player, injured in the prime of his career. He's got a chance to be the host for a sports show but Darren can barely read or write. That's where George comes in.

Right from the beginning I loved George. He's a little nerdy, pretty witty and loves being a teacher. What I loved most
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Apr 09, 2014 Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!) rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Great story to continue with the series. None of these books are overly heavy but this one did have some real 'feels' to it. The guys were awesome. I love that George was a teacher and knew how to go about helping Darren so he could learn those things that I feel were 'stolen' from him when he was younger.

Alina
Sep 18, 2011 Alina rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite from the series!
I love how George and Darren lean on each other and help each other with their insecurities. Their relationship's so well-balanced :)
Fun and nice read!
Tam
Apr 21, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3.5 Stars

George is a teacher who's friend Lonnie (from the other books) asks him to help one of his clients, Darren, a football star whose blown his knee, prepare for a guest spot as a host on a sports show. Darren is typical of sports celebs who've been catered to their whole lives, and then George discovers he can't read which is going to make the job thing nearly impossible. Once he busts through Darren's bravado and gets him diagnosed as dyslexic, they work toward helping him adjust to life
L-D
Ahhh - this was my favorite book of the series. Books 1-3 were so similar, I almost stopped reading the series, but this book did break the mold. George is a 4th grade teacher and is great at it. When Lonnie, yes, Lonnie the annoying big-mouth, asks George to help a friend, he isn't sure what he's signing up for. He's surprised when he finds out that a Philadelphia Eagle player has been permanently injured and needs help to prepare for a job as a TV show host. When he finds out that Darren strug ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
I'm scarred, I'm scared, and I have nowhere else to turn.

Sounds kind of ominous. For Darren White, life is scary. He's got a secret and if the world finds out, he'll be toast. Lucky for him there's George and this crazy little thing called love.

When I open a book by Andrew Grey, I know I'll be entertained. The dialogue is witty and flows well. The descriptions are exciting and drew me right into the story. Oh, and then there are the characters. Mr. Grey writes characters the reader won't soon
Sue bowdley
Jun 09, 2015 Sue bowdley rated it it was amazing
Shelves: male-male, favourites
I'm loving this Work Out series.....Andrew gives us such hot sweet characters you just fall in love with.....George helps Darren to read and get over his dyslexia so he can take a job he wants....They are perfec together and it was great that Darrens father didn't disapprove of him x
Angelo
Jan 18, 2014 Angelo rated it it was amazing
I have a think for Andrew Grey books, and in my opinion this is his best from the 'Workout' series. Two great MCs and instead of using the strong/weak, or age difference, the author goes in a great direction. The charaters were believable and wonderfully written. I am not sure why, but I really like the supporting charaters in this series, and they are out in force. A great read.
Table4Five
Mar 18, 2011 Table4Five rated it really liked it
For some reason I'm really drawn to this series. I think I like the short and to the point part of the story. All of the characters mesh really well together. Sadly we didn't get to see much of the other characters in the series :( . George was really likeable and caring in the way that he was there for Darren. Darren was a mess at the beginning and with alittle bit of help from George was able to get himself back together. If you have read the books before this and enjoyed them, then you will p ...more
Bronwyn Heeley
Jan 26, 2016 Bronwyn Heeley rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, own
3.5
Janean
Apr 08, 2011 Janean rated it really liked it
Read as part of my QGB Q2 Challenge, this book was recommended by NancyL. I am a bit biased in that I love anything this author writes. He takes an idea and is able to spin a yarn that is entertaining, sexy and relevant. This was a nice short read that tackled illiteracy. I enjoyed the characters and look forward to the next installment in the series.
Tracy
Mar 22, 2011 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: gym-series
I really enjoyed Darren and George, I also like that you mentioned so of the other characters from previous books. I was really glad that Darren’s father did not go ballistic when he outted himself to him, and the character Lonnie I so enjoy him in each of these books. Can not wait for the next one, keep up the good work.
CB
Jan 02, 2016 CB rated it it was amazing
This is a fun series of novellas. Filled with different and unique personalities and stories.

The books can be read as stand-alone but they all take place around the same gym and other characters (mostly Dan and Lonnie from the first book) show up in the other stories but are not integral to the story line.
Danae
Apr 05, 2011 Danae rated it it was amazing
What can I say? If I want to be assured of a wonderful story, with incredible characters that just burst into life and into my heart, then I reach for Andrew Grey.

George and Darren were wonderful together, and it was nice to revisit old characters, even if just for a moment.

Love it, love it, LOVE IT.
Adara
Apr 26, 2011 Adara rated it really liked it
Well, at some point this month I read the story but forgot to write anything down for it. I just remember that it touched me because of the teacher catching the dyslexia theme. It just flowed really well. I think this one is now my favorite of the series. And Lonnie's still an ass. =)
Natalija
Dec 27, 2013 Natalija rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
This is a worthy addition to a great series. The story is fairly simple, but pleasing nonetheless. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys sweet romance with goodhearted characters.
Blackravens Reviews
Jun 01, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
...Crunch Time still treats us to Andrew Grey’s always high level of sexy storytelling and character development. To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Keri
Mar 20, 2011 Keri rated it really liked it
A great story, I found it to be entertaining and fun. Seeing characters from previous books in the stories pop in for small cameos was a pleasure. I definitely recommend this book.
Jess
Another great addition to the series, its super sweet and perfect for when I am in the mood for some light fluffy reads.
Edina Rose
Mar 26, 2011 Edina Rose rated it liked it
A. Grey always delivers. But this book was not one of his best.
Lily
This was a nice continuation of the Work Out series.
Jilrene ♥
A nice fluffy easy story. Quick read, too.
Gabby-Lily Raines
Kathleen
Apr 12, 2012 Kathleen rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, athlete
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2016
aznwolv
aznwolv marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Caterena
Caterena rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2016
L.P. Lindeman
L.P. Lindeman rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2016
Sandra
Sandra marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
  • Cup Check (Blue Line Hockey, #3)
  • Rocking the Boat (CalPac Crew, #1)
  • Wrestling with Love (Wrestling #2)
  • Overdrive
  • Horizons (Horizons, #1)
  • Sacking the Quarterback (Campus Cravings, #3)
  • The Jock and the Wallflower
  • Two-Man Advantage (Seattle Marauders, #1)
  • Life in Fusion (Summit City, #2)
  • Quarterback Sneak
  • Power Play
  • Aquamarine
  • Match Maker
  • Love Match (Love Match #1)
  • High Line (Love of Sports, #2)
  • Homecoming
  • Paper Planes (Queen City #1)

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...

Work Out (8 books)
  • Spot Me (Work Out, #1)
  • Pump Me Up (Work Out, #2)
  • Core Training (Work Out, #3)
  • Positive Resistance (Work Out, #5)
  • Personal Training (Work Out, #6)
  • Cardio Conditioning (Work Out, #7)
  • Whipped Cream