Start by marking “Pulled” as Want to Read:
Pulled

Read Excerpt

Pulled

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  8,823 Ratings  ·  865 Reviews
For nine years, they drift through life, unable to forget the one who holds the strings to their hearts. In an attempt to escape the pain of her past, Melanie finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, while Daniel loses himself in a career that means nothing without Melanie by his side. Now, when their lives intersect, neither can deny the connection they felt so long ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 388 pages
Published February 24th 2011 by The Writers Coffee Shop (first published February 23rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Pulled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pulled

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. StephensFifty Shades Freed by E.L. James
Intense And "Angsty" Romance
2,332 books — 6,630 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingGabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
Best Break Out
2,002 books — 4,714 voters

More lists with this book...

Beverly
Sep 14, 2014 Beverly rated it it was amazing
5 Stars

Wow, I am not even sure how to convey how much I loved this book, so I will start at the beginning. I started this as an audiobook, and I was just listening, going through Goodreads and then BAM! I was thrown the biggest curve ball and had to quit listening and switch to the book, so I could find out what was going to happen sooner.

Melanie and Daniel met when they were sixteen years old. Daniel was ten months older and thought he was too cool for his younger sister’s friend, until he lai
Christy
Apr 04, 2013 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Christy by: Anna
5 Heartbreaking Stars

photo 1f9f903f-0b20-4bae-bc2e-37b2b9bdde63_zpse9192d74.jpg

Pulled is a story that completely and utterly pulled at my heartstrings. It was an emotional and heartbreaking tale of getting a second chance at a first love, and surviving and coping with loss. AL Jackson’s writing captivated me. My heart beat fast, I found myself in tears more than once, and I felt my heart shatter for these two beautifully broken characters.

It’s been nine years. Nine years since Melanie has seen or heard from the love of her life, Daniel. After one cat
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi6 by sb_zpsk5aen2r3.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (12/3/2015)

Stand-alone. This is a classic. I have been meaning to read, just stock up on tissue!

BLURB:
Melanie Winters and Daniel Montgomery shared a love most only dream of, a love they believed bonded them together for life.

When their world is shattered by the tragic loss of their daughter, overwhelming grief and misguided guilt distorts the truth, and their relationship ends in uncertainty and unanswered questions.

For nine years, they drift through life, each unable to
Kelly
May 21, 2012 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
For me this book was a train wreck. First a few nice things to offer potential readers. Skip Pulled and go for Take This Regret by A.L. Jackson. The cover is very lovely.
Now the bad.

The gushy phrasing over and over again

Like soul mate, part of the same soul, Feel her/him the connection, feel them near, knew they were in trouble close etc.
I'm all for a soul connection I am a huge fan of soulmates but please don't rub my face in it. Show me why they are such don't just keep telling me.

The easy way she puts characters in plac
 ✿Alyssa✿
Apr 06, 2012 ✿Alyssa✿ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-star
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: For nine years, Melanie and Daniel drift through life, unable to forget the one who holds the strings to their hearts. In an attempt to escape the pain of her past, Melanie finds herself trapped in a loveless marriage, while Daniel loses himself in a career that means nothing without Melanie by his side. Now, when their lives intersect, neither can deny the connection they felt so long ago.

But will the power that drew them together, be eno
☆ Sammy ☆彡
Rating: 3.5 ★'s

I can't resist second chance romances. What could be more romantic than soul mates, ripped apart by life or circumstances, finding their way back to each other? And the eventual reunion? Makes me feel all tingly *dreamy sigh* Seeing that A.L Jackson wrote a second chance romance, I didn't hesitate to sign up for the Pulled blog tour because I am a huge fan of her Closer to You series <3

Nine years after losing her child and Daniel, the love of her life, Melanie is broken, unable
Taryn
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

Wow. I think my heart can finally beat on its own again. What an emotionally intense and addictive story....and I loved every minute of it! THIS is what I look for in a romance book and yet it's so hard for me to find.

Nine years earlier, Melanie relocated to a new town with her father. She met Erin who introduced her to her brother, Daniel. They started dating immediately. They were inseparable and fell madly and wholly in love. Their love instantly cap
Aestas Book Blog
Mar 10, 2012 Aestas Book Blog rated it really liked it

What an emotionally intense rollercoaster of a book!

I read the whole book with my heart in my throat, either holding my breath, choked up, or in tears. My heart was literally pounding for most of the story.

Melanie and Daniel met when they were 15-16 years old and fell in almost instant true, undeniable, unstoppable lov
Paige
This was a hard story to read in parts and there were times I just wanted to shake everybody so that they could get to their happy ending faster. Pulled definitely pulled lots of emotions out of me. The heartbreak and heartache made me want good things for Melanie and Daniel.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 - 4 ★'s

Daniel and Melanie were high school sweethearts and intended to get married until a horrific event occurred that shattered all their plans. Now, it's nine years later and a lot has changed.

The story is told in the present with flashbacks to the past. Thankfully, we get both their POVs because they are both pretty messed up.

I liked Melanie when she was younger and then after but not so much in the middle and that's pretty understandable. I really couldn't believe what she did with Ni
Annie Brewer
Once again Amy wows me with her addicting story and writing. I swear I don't know how she does it!! She's one of a few that can instill a million emotions at one time. Fucking brilliant she is!!!!! Gaaaaah, this book was hard to read at times-so gutwrenching and unforgettable!! I love her men she creates, they are so noble and heroic. I can't even chose which book I love more, Take this Regret or Pulled....they are both utterly captivating and spectacular . Full review to come!

Okay I am going to
Dinjolina
Feb 07, 2012 Dinjolina rated it did not like it
Shelves: avoid
I feel like somebody sprinkled me with water from the flower can and kept repeating "Cry,cry!Common! It's a tear-jerker book!"

Sorry, it just never got to me!

Also,there is just something fundamentally wrong with being happy over the fact that a random woman wanted to marry your solemate and got pregnant in order to do that,and in doing so subsequently gave you a son. The one you could not have because your solemate killed your kid and your chances of an other pregnancy by being a reckless driver.
Kim
3.5 Stars. Why? Because throwing shirts on floors does not count as a sex scene. I did enjoy it, but it was very angsty and it was seriously laking in sex anticipation, which is good since there wasn't ANY. I can't believe I read a CLEAN book and enjoyed it, but I did. This writer reminded me a lot of Lisa Marie Rice, very heavy on the emotional. But take heed there was NO alpha male. It was hard to put down and satisfying.
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
This review is also posted at http://www.mysecretromancebookreviews...

5 Stars
Make sure you have plenty of boxes of tissues available when you read this book. Pulled is a very emotional, heart wrenching read. It is a story about mistakes, heart break, soul mates, healing, forgiveness, and true love. You are drawn in from the first few chapters. Melanie is a trophy wife who is emotionally abused by her successful husband. From the start you know she misses the love of her life, Daniel, and that a
Loyda
Jun 20, 2013 Loyda marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
FREEBIE today only 11/30/15

~~~~~BLURB~~~~~

Melanie Winters and Daniel Montgomery shared a love they believed bonded them together for life. After a tragic loss, overwhelming grief and misguided guilt distorts the truth, and their relationship ends in unanswered questions.

For nine years, they drift through life, each unable to forget the one who holds their heart.

Now, when their lives again intersect, will the power that drew them together be enough to hea
Britni
May 30, 2012 Britni rated it did not like it
Wow I have absolutely no clue how this book has 4 stars. It seriously took everything I had to finish it. Everything about this book was predictable to me. It was ridiculous to think that after nine years of being apart, the main characters have changed none whatsoever since they were sixteen years old. I realize they are really in tune to one another but hearing a heart rate speed up is a bit overkill. How Melanie and Nicholas get together is arguably the most ridiculous part of the story. Thou ...more
Megan  Walls
Jul 14, 2011 Megan Walls rated it it was amazing
This book was written by a childhood friend of mine. I am so proud of her for following her dreams and writing it. I loved this book from the start. It kept my interest and i found it hard to put down. I smiled and cried along with the characters!
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Sep 28, 2011 Jenny - TotallybookedBlog rated it really liked it
3.5

This was a nice read and I did enjoy it.

It was really sweet and the relationship between Melanie and Daniel is really special with the soul mate aspect being dealt with beautifully.

I certainly cried in this book and it did pull at my heartstrings.

Natalie
Aug 07, 2011 Natalie rated it it was amazing
I was offered by the Author Amy Lichtenhan a copy of her book in exchange for a review, and just by looking at the beautiful cover I wasn't really sure what to expect. To me I just thought it was going to be another romance novel like so many others I have read and enjoy to read, there is nothing better than a juicy romance. Well I am here to tell you now, this is absolutely NOT your average romance book. I haven't been on an emotional roller coaster like that in such a long time.

Melanie and Da
Ruth Hill
Apr 16, 2012 Ruth Hill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
What an amazing novel! I have been finding some great romance books lately, and this is indeed one of them. I was completely drawn into the story between Daniel and Melanie. This story has all the elements that make a love story great. Suspense, fear, anger, hopelessness, and ultimate joy.

Portions of this story resonated with my own life story. I fully understand how it feels to be married to a control freak--I was for nearly 10 years. And the author hit the nail on the head in her description o
Aure   `Reading With The Dark`
DNF @ 17%

Why? I don't know. It's obvious that Amy Lichtenhan is a talented author. What I've read was beautifully written. Really it was.
I guess I just don't 'agree' with the story.. Everything felt wrong for me. From the first sentence I had this unease inside my chest. And the more I've read it the worse it got. So from where I stand, I think I should enjoy the book I'm reading. And with this one - I already could tell where it was heading - to a major disaster - and not a good kind. I'm sure
Stephanie
Aug 20, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DANIEL AND MELANIE

"When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears. When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears and I held your hand through all of these years. But you still have all of me."(My Immortal, by Evanescence)

The words above describe perfectly the story of Daniel and Melaine. The love they had for each other was so pure and wonderful. This book was beautifully written and with such passion. You will go thru so many emotions reading this book: joy, heartbreaking sorrow, anger/
Gail McHugh
Jul 23, 2012 Gail McHugh rated it it was amazing
There are not enough words that could possibly describe how I feel about this book. It is, hands down, one of the most amazing love stories I've ever read. From the first chapter to the last, I could not put this book down. I literally finished it within a few hours. I cried reading this book, I laughed reading this book, I felt Melanie and Daniel's pain. It was so beautifully written, allowing me the reader, to feel every emotion. Thank you A.L. Jackson for allowing me into the world of these c ...more
Taryn

This review was posted at My Secret Romance.

Jessica's Book Review
Aug 05, 2012 Jessica's Book Review rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Read more reviews on my blog | Like me on Facebook

What can I say about the novel Pulled by A.L. Jackson. It was hands down one of the best books of the year I have read. I cried, I laughed. I fell in love with the characters and their relationships with one another. Every page I could feel the soul mate connection between the two; touched my heart. This has to be one of the strongest relationship I have ever read with two characters. I felt the love between Daniel and Melanie, it was so heart fi
Sbell
Dec 07, 2015 Sbell rated it it was ok
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD:

This book was incredibly written. The characters were well
developed and each character had such depth.

Saying that, this book was one big total predictable cliche'.
I didn't like the fact that 9 yrs separated them for a mis-
understanding. I don't like the fact that for the most part
both of them stayed away (even though they both believed that
they were soul mates and meant to be together forever)from
each other. I don't like the fact that IMMEDIATELY after this
misunderstanding
Juls
Aug 31, 2012 Juls rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hea, blog-uanr
Oh man! As much as I wanted to rate this lower I just cant. The more I thought about this book and what happened the more I loved it. Some decisions made by Melanie really made me question if I really liked this book. I finally had to step back and some advice from a friend I soon realized that she was a victim.
Melanie meets a boy who becomes her everything. No one really understands the extent of his power over her but Melanie and Daniel cant deny what they have.
Unforeseen circumstances break
Morgan
Sep 24, 2011 Morgan rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Pulled by Amy Lichtenhan is a memorable story about fate and soul mates. This adult novel is about overcoming obstacles and landing where you are meant to be.

Daniel and Melanie have a precious and meaningful story. Their history is special; their separation is tragic, and their future is hopeful. Daniel and Melanie’s connection can be seen on every page. What they have together is extraordinarily rare and wonderfu
Tina
Oct 21, 2011 Tina marked it as avoid
Shelves: reunion
I'm marking this book to "avoid" because of comments made on this thread.

Particularly this comment from a member:

SPOILERS

H and h lose baby, apart for a number of years, find each other again at the exact same moment when the H realizes he got a random hook-up pregnant. YUCK. So he's trying to win back the h (who is still devastated at losing her child) while at the same time awaiting the arrival of his son by another (unwanted) woman. h and OW end up in t
Adriana
Wow I actually finished it at midnight last night so I read it in one day ;) couldn't put it down i wanted to keep going and i didnt care if i was up all night, and it was so worth it.

This book was heartbreaking from the shell that Melanie has become and the loveless possesive marriage she is in, to the love lost she cannot forget. Wow is an understatment for this book, it had me sitting at the edge of my seat, i wanted more,even if it did have me in tears a few times it was worth every tear. Th
  • When We Collide
  • A Modern Love Story
  • His Sugar Baby
  • Butterfly Weeds (Butterfly Weeds, #1)
  • Champagne Toast (Love of My Life, #2)
  • Saving Grace
  • Collision Course
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Unwritten Rules
  • Shattered
  • Watch over Me
  • I Love You to Death (I Love You, #1)
  • My Heart for Yours (Crawford, #1)
  • The Sweet Gum Tree
  • Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #1)
  • Chance Encounters
  • Fallen from Grace
  • Twisted
Amy Lichtenhan first found a love for writing during her days as a young mother and college student. She filled the journals she carried with short stories and poems used as an emotional outlet for the difficulties and joys she found in day-to-day life.

Years later, she shared a short story she’d been working on with her two closest friends, and with their encouragement, this story became her first
More about Amy Lichtenhan...

“I can't live without you. I haven't lived a day without you.” 34 likes
“Erin called us soul mates, but I…I’ve always known it was more than that. It’s like we share the same soul, and when we’re apart, each half is looking for the other.” 27 likes