Start by marking “Thank You, God, for Daddy” as Want to Read:

4.43 of 5 stars 4.43  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Daddies do so much for us! It's time to thank God for the blessing they are.

In this adorable board book, a little lion cub thanks God for his wonderful daddy--a daddy who gives big hugs and piggy back rides, who takes great care of him, and most importantly, who offers love, guidance, and encouragement.

"Thank You, God, for Daddy;"
"He scares monsters away."
"When Daddy say
Board Book, 20 pages
Published May 10th 2011 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Thank You, God, for Daddy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You, God, for Daddy

Melissa Roach
Description:
Daddies do so much for us! It’s time to thank God for the blessing they are.

In this adorable board book, a little lion cub thanks God for his wonderful daddy—a daddy who gives big hugs and piggy back rides, who takes great care of him, and most importantly, who offers love, guidance, and encouragement.

He scares monsters away.
When Daddy says, “Don’t be afraid,”
I know that it’s okay.

The love and sacrifices of fathers will be celebrated by children everywhere
Rachel
Ran across this book (as well as the one "for Mommy") while at my favorite local grocery store (WinCo Foods). Started reading through them and got teary eyed, just had to buy them.

Both my toddler and I love these books. She asks to read them before both nap and bed time. Love the words, beautiful artwork, and wonderful message! I'll be looking for more by this author and illustrator!
Whitney
The illustrations in this little board book are absolutely adorable. The story is about a lion and his lion cub. The lion cub tells of his thanks for his father in a sing-songy style that will appeal to the younger set. Most of the verses read pretty smooth, but a few of them just don’t keep the rhythm. The content of the verses definitely make up for the awkward rhythm. I wish the author had taken a bit more time to smooth that aspect out, because the illustrations and the storyline are wonderf ...more
Sue Morris
Mar 08, 2011 Sue Morris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents and children
Shelves: children, my-library
Thank You, God, For Daddy is a cute padded board book by Amy Packer. A little cub follows daddy around telling him why he thinks he is the greatest dad. Written in short 4 line poems, one per page, with wonderful illustrations, the little cub tells daddy he is a hero, a teacher, and a hard worker. They play together, work together, and pray together trusting in God’s answers to their prayers.

Dads everywhere will enjoy reading this book with their children at bedtime, or anytime. Kids will love
Bree

Oh man, this is so sweet.

The illustrations are fantastic. I really liked the lion and the cub...just loved it!

The narrative is just so sweet and so true. A great message for the kiddos to hear!

I received an ARC copy of this book through a galley grab and it's an e-book version, I find that I am most definitely going to have to go buy it when it comes out. This is an excellent addition to my daughter's book collection!

Amy Parker also wrote, Thank You, God, For
Countrygirl_TN
This is a super cute story that shows what a dad can do to show he cares. He can encourage a child to be the best he can. He can teach them to work hard and play with them to show he cares. He can be a hero just by doing little things such as playing together, fixing things that are broken, or a simple good night hug. This story tells us that the simplest little things a dad can do is what will impact the children the most growing up. I personally think that all dads out there should read this. ...more
Jodie
A cute book for young kids and their daddy, just in time for Father's Day. The Bible says the father should be the head of the household in the respect of being the spiritual leader. This story goes right along with those same biblical principles and portrays the lion as the daddy who protects his cubs, is kind to others, and looks out for those in his care. Very cute story that my kiddos loved and said, "That sounds just like daddy."

DISCLOSURE: I was graciously provided a free digital version o
Jess the Romanceaholic
This board book was adorable!

The words and rhymes were simple enough that my autistic 5 year old was able to read and understand them, and the illustrations were absolutely lovely.

At ten pages long, it's short enough for a quick bedtime story as well.

The book follows a lion cub and his Daddy as Daddy sets a good example of being dependable, helping others, being encouraging, working hard, being persistent, giving lots of hugs, chasing away monsters, and of course, loving and trusting G-d.

A defi
Jenny Rose
Thank you, God, for Daddy by Amy Parker depicts a father lion and his cub experiencing typical father/child interactions such as chores, teaching, daddy working and fixing things. Each page has an adorable illustration of the four line poem featured. The words flow easily and cover a variety of father roles that many children should be able to relate to. My daughters loved it as it reminds them of their own daddy. I think I may have to buy this for our own library.

I received this ebook free from
Courtney
Although the characters in the book are lions, you can picture a father and son throughout the book. The verse and subject matter is just right for a dynamic duo. Parker shows a father who isn't perfect, but who tries his best. The cub is mischievous and devoted to his daddy. The story is one any family will relate with and want to share again and again. My favorite spread is on the first pages where father and son are wearing their capes. I think I have a picture somewhere of my guys doing the ...more
Marie Phelps
Mar 18, 2011 Marie Phelps rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: infant through preschool
What a cute little book! My 3 year old daughter and I read this book over and over. She loves the illustrations and the easy to read format. Simple enough for infant through preschooler to understand and enjoy. Wonderful , colorful illustrations on each and every page. I love that the author wrote such an adorable book about Daddies! I highly recommend this book and it’s counterpart: Thank You God, for Mommy. They make excellent gifts for the little ones in your life, or for baby gifts!
Ruth
This cute board book uses the rhyming voice of a lion cub to thank God for all the good things Dads do for their kids and families. It is too young for my daughter but I think three to four year olds would enjoy it, especially if Daddy reads it to them.
Grade: B.
I'd like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers for making a review copy available via NetGalley. I was not obligated to write any review, much less a positive one.
Nevey Badr
This is such a poetic children book; so easy to understand but yet so deep. This book is about fathers & there caring. I must admit that I have cried during reading this book; I want to run and hug my Daddy who gave me all the best years of his life. For real Thank You God, For My Daddy...
Karen
Poerty with pictures, is a great way to descripe this tale of a cub being thankful for all this father does for him. The pictures are simple yet loving and a child would find joy in reading this book.
Hilary
A great book about the lovely relationship between a father and child, with appreciation for all the things the child has learned.
Patricia Kemp Blackmon
Patricia Kemp Blackmon marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Miri
Miri marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Ahmad
Ahmad added it
Jan 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Amy Parker has written more than twenty books for children, teens, and adults, including the best-selling A Night Night Prayer , Thank You, God, for Mommy, and Thank You, God, for Daddy. She has also collaborated with authors ranging from New York Times bestsellers to her very own son. Most importantly, she is a wife to Daniel and a mom to their amazing sons, Michael and Ethan.
More about Amy Parker...
Thank You, God, for Mommy A Night Night Prayer A Christmas Prayer Night Night Blessings A Pumpkin Prayer