Start by marking “Wolverine and Jubilee: Curse of the Mutants” as Want to Read:
Wolverine and Jubilee: Curse of the Mutants

Wolverine and Jubilee: Curse of the Mutants (Wolverine Marvel Comics)

For a loner, the mutant known as Wolverine sure has a lot of friends. Through the years, he's been a member of countless teams and alliances, but some of his relationships have been more tender in nature. He's had sidekicks of sorts in the likes of Kitty Pryde and X-23, and especially Jubilee. Finding a surrogate daughter in her, Wolverine has always tried to protect Jubil ...more
Published December 28th 2011 by Marvel (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Wolverine and Jubilee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolverine and Jubilee

Miloš
Apr 23, 2017 Miloš rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, comics
Nice drawings, but the story is all messed up. 😀
Otherwyrld
Oct 13, 2015 Otherwyrld rated it it was ok
This was a bit of a confusing mess, with far too much scenery hopping and no clear idea about what was going on at times. Jubilee is just not that interesting a character, which is probably why she's had so many things happen to her (like becoming a vampire here!) and the story unfortunately does little to improve things.

There is a bonus story at the end which was her introduction to the X-Men Universe, which is an unfortunate edition because of the innate sexism of the story - basically the fe
Becky
Dec 30, 2016 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I bought this because Noto. And partly because Noto it reminds me a bit of Liu's X-23 run. I think, actually, after this book, Logan and Jubilee go and hang out with Laura and Gambit and it's adorable.
This is everything I expect if Logan and his girls. I love it.
Javier Alaniz
Nov 23, 2012 Javier Alaniz rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jubilee was always a fun character due to her happy go lucky attitude. Now that she has been turned into a vampire, she's become the most angst filled teen ever. In other words, tedious as all hell. The plot doesn't help. Jubilee is transported to some inter-dimensional pawnshop that is guarded by a little old lady that turns into a dragon. Jubilee is being kept as an Item of value along with a random assortment of planes, trains, rocket-ships, and submarines, plus a dinosaur, and a pyramid, all ...more
Kristen
I love Phil Noto's art. Maybe that's swaying my rating a little because, although the writing is fine and the story has a bit of potential, it doesn't feel like much really happens. This certainly isn't essential, but if you like Wolverine and/or Jubilee, there's no harm in giving this a read. There are some fun moments, and a lot of Jubilee being a temperamental new vampire. At the end, there's the old issue that introduces Jubilee to the X-Men world (which was also tacked onto the end of one o ...more
Aug 31, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
The plot doesn't hold together very well, I'm not convinced that everyone is in in character, and there's some weird alternate dimension without much explaination stuff going on. But! The art is mostly very good, some interesting ideas, and I enjoyed it.
Mike
Sep 09, 2011 Mike rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immediately stands out with some of the most emotionally authentic dialogue I've read in ages. I immediately feel comfortable, natural with these characters - they're more *real* somehow, and I'm not forcing my brain to adapt to some "style". Y'know, maybe it's not emotionally "authentic" so much as emotionally *vivid* - like there's an extra dimension that comes off the page, and these aren't just intellectual exercises for the creators or the readers.

The story is fun and a little bizarre, just
Dean
Mar 13, 2015 Dean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlike many, I thought this a reasonable read. Yes, the story itself is wafer thin, but that was always just the excuse to give Logan and Jubilee a road trip of sorts. Personally, I dislike the whole vampire-Jubilee thing, but I thought the dialogue between her and Logan was excellent, and the dialogue throughout was strong. The art was clean and clear, and suited the story well.
The collection itself contains the 4 issues of the Wolverine/ Jubilee mini, cover art, sketches, and a nostalgic repri
Ryan
Nov 01, 2012 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
I can't believe I'm writing this about an X-Men book, but the dialogue is clever. Maybe too clever for me, because I did not always understand some of the jokes/references the two main characters were making. The art by Phil Noto is sparse and very clean. Not exactly my favorite type of comic art, but somehow appropriate this type of story. By the end, I did not understand exactly what happened; it has something to do with debts, collections, dragons with bad accents, and Wolverine's magic blood ...more
SmokingMirror
Three stars may be a little high, but I like Phil Noto. The story is confusing, though; are we supposed to infer that Chernobyl is in northern Siberia? The X-Men work better, I think, when there are several playing off each other. Jubilee has never shown herself interesting enough to carry a whole miniseries, or indeed a single issue, even with Wolverine.

Anyway, I'd rather see Vampires than the Hellfire Club tediously appearing again.
Maddsurgeon
Okay, so the whole Jubilee becoming a vampire thing is just... weird. The beginning of this book is a bit maudlin and the character is hardly recognizable. But I guess that's kind of the point. She needs her old pal Wolverine and some adventuring to pull her out of herself. I liked that this book deepened the Wolverine/Jubilee relationship, and while there were some dull moments, it was entertaining overall.

Paired with Jubilee's first appearance in Uncanny #244, which is a classic.
Melissa Prange
I enjoyed Wolverine and Juliee a lot. . .mostly because of Phil Noto's amazing art. I love his work on Black Widow and the art was just as gorgeous here. The story was a little more so-so. I liked the way Wolverine and Jubilee's relationship was presented, but the plot was kinda chaotic. It definitely made me want to read more about the characters though!
Lord
Jan 06, 2013 Lord rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, marvel
Disappointing. Weird story with awkward dialogues. I think that Kathryn Immonen should leave writing X-Men to someone better. The only good thing about this book was the art. And I didn't care about the Claremont's story at the end because it's from the time where his X-Men were already majorly declining.
Ryan
Jun 23, 2015 Ryan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I haven't kept up with Current X-Men, and didn't know much about M-Day that led into the Wolverine & Jubilee storyline. However I was able to step into this story pretty easy. It was a simple 4 issues, but it was great to read some current X-Men and see a couple characters I was unfamiliar with. I found the illustrations to be very clear and enjoyable.
Renata
Feb 16, 2015 Renata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you've ever talked to me about comics like, at all, you probably know that my all time favorite thing is Wolverine being an Adopted Dad to wayward teenage girls, so.... I'm into this, obviously.

I still kind of wish Jubilee weren't a vampire but that seems to be sticking around, so, WHATEVER.
Cynthia Fry
You feel like you've been dropped into the middle of a story line if you read this as a stand alone. The premise is a little difficult to buy. I picked this up for two of my three favorite X-men. While I enjoyed their interaction, I kept getting the feeling I was missing an undercurrent.
Emily Selleck
Dec 11, 2015 Emily Selleck rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Yes, I read this. I couldn't help it. It was staring at me ;P It was not the best thing I've ever read. It was interesting for sure, but... um... vampire!Jubilee... yeah, it was a little much. Not bad, just a little much :P
Jared Rasic
Who is this new Jubilee and what have you done with the old one. Wolvie is still great and their relationship is still the highlight of all of their interactions, but Wolverine and Jubilee VS. vampires and zombies was nowhere near as cool as it sounded.
Sharon
Jan 19, 2014 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Terry
Sep 06, 2011 Terry rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
For Jubilee to survive she must leach off Wolverine. Yup. That pretty much describes this book.
Ian
Oct 09, 2013 Ian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Immonen's got a good grip on the characters, their dialogue, and even vampirism. The plot's a mess, but the bits that work are refreshing.
Elisha
Feb 12, 2014 Elisha rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Art by Phil Noto: 5 stars. Story: 3 stars.
Angela
Jul 15, 2013 Angela rated it liked it
Jubilee is now a vampire, and Wolverine is determined to help her. And with his healing factor his blood really helps. Some nice character bits and gives both of them a journey. A good read.
Grinney Pig
Grinney Pig rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2015
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2015
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Alvina
Alvina rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2012
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2012
Amanda Ching
Amanda Ching rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2011
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Power Girl
  • Wolverine: Origins, Volume 8: Seven The Hard Way
  • Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Volume 1
  • Madosa Guild (PhD: Phantasy Degree #2)

Wolverine Marvel Comics (1 - 10 of 217 books)
  • The Best of Wolverine, Vol. 1
  • Wolverine: Origin
  • Wolverine: Origin II
  • Wolverine: Weapon X (Marvel Premiere Classic)
  • Wolverine: Season One