Start by marking “The Pulse, Vol. 3: Fear” as Want to Read:
The Pulse, Vol. 3: Fear

The Pulse, Vol. 3: Fear (The Pulse #3)

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  213 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Fans of Jessica Jones have waited two years for two things: the return of award-winning artist Michael Gaydos to the pages of the books he was born to draw, and the birth of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage's baby. And guess what? They're both here!
Published October 25th 2006 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about The Pulse, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pulse, Vol. 3

Ignore the terrible cover; the rest of the art (by Michael Gaydos and Olivier Coipel) is excellent.

This was the book I was waiting for; the first two books of The Pulse were really inferior when compared to Alias, and I had to wonder if Bendis was having trouble adapting Jessica Jones to an all-ages imprint after the freedom of the more adult Max imprint. However, Bendis really found his voice for The Pulse here in the third and final volume. This was a wonderful way to wrap up the series, with
Holden Attradies
This was a very bitter sweet read for me. I was amazing seeing Jessica Jones get the old creative crew together behind the scenes (Bendis and Gaydos), and it was amazing having her finally pop the kiddo out. But it was, once again, a far too soon end to a Jessica Jones title. Worse it wasn't really even a Jessica Jones tittle, she was kind of in the foreground and from here she moves all the way into the background of New Avengers. And the overlap between this series ending and the other one sta ...more
Brad
Jessica Jones finally has her baby, and finally has Michael Gaydos draw her again. Brian Michael Bendis closes out The Pulse, which had a really weird arc, going from a Spider-Man story to a rehash of Secret War, to a New Avengers story. There’s lots of good dialogue around Jessica’s baby worries (especially from Sue Storm), and a funny subplot with D-Man, the homeless superhero. This volume felt a bit short and rushed; I guess Bendis has more important things to do.
Federiken Masters
Aug 11, 2012 Federiken Masters rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de Alias
Recommended to Federiken by: Que continuaba Alias
Broche de bronce para una serie heredera de una serie de oro. Con esto terminé de corroborar que en ningún momento The Pulse estuvo a la altura de Alias, pero que tampoco es que mande todo al cuerno. Eso sí, la pareja Jones & Cage en Nuevos Vengadores no alcanza en ningún momento la onda que tienen acá. Pero fue lindo mientras duró. Y a la vez es bueno que no durara mucho que digamos.
Rachael
This gets four stars simply because it's about the baby and less mediocre than the other Jessica Jones stories. Sadly, even though she's the main character and also in the process of giving birth, she still has zero control over what's happening around her, and it's still annoying.
Elise
I'm probably irrational on the subject of Jessica Jones, but damn - love the character, love her series. The issue where she tells her daughter about the night she met Luke Cage is one of my favorite Jess moments.
Oh, my God, I missed my graphic novels! This is the first time I've read the Pulse since I had Sammy and I cried like a big girl at some parts. Need to re-read the entire Jessica Jones canon now. Bloody fantastic.
Shaun
A fun read from Bendis and Gaydos. It was nice to see the beginning of Jessica Jones and Luke Cages' life as husband and wife and the birth of their daughter. Gaydos' art is wonderful and very realistic.
Shannon Appelcline
The last four issues of Pulse are very emotionally satisfying. The New Avengers annual is more of a punch-em-up, but also offers a nice coda to Jessica's story.
Will
Finally started to get back in touch with what made Alias great, but...then it ended.
Khan
Khan added it
Mar 18, 2015
Andrew
Andrew is currently reading it
Feb 15, 2015
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
  • Iron Man: Execute Program
  • Nova, Vol. 2: Knowhere
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 16: Cable
  • Captain America: The Man With No Face

More about Brian Michael Bendis...

The Pulse (3 books)
  • The Pulse, Vol. 1: Thin Air
  • The Pulse, Vol. 2: Secret War
House of M Ultimate Spider-Man, Vol. 1: Power and Responsibility The New Avengers, Vol. 1: Breakout Powers, Vol. 1: Who Killed Retro Girl? Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 1: Cosmic Avengers