Start by marking “In My Bedroom” as Want to Read:
In My Bedroom

In My Bedroom

Rayne Holland is a woman who appears to have it all: a handsome, successful husband, a beautiful five-year-old daughter, and a rapidly rising film career. What everyone doesn't realize is that behind closed doors, the picture is not so perfect. And in the recesses of Rayne's mind she harbors a dark past that even she is unaware of. Then tragedy strikes and Rayne slowly dis ...more
Published January 23rd 2004 by St. Martin's Press (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about In My Bedroom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In My Bedroom

Katie
Mar 06, 2008 Katie rated it liked it
the accounts of the mental disorders and therapy as a profession are not that realistic, this is sort of the "made for tv" version. other than that, it was a worthwhile read.
Ollie
Aug 30, 2012 Ollie rated it really liked it
This was one of the first books from Donna Hill I've read a few years ago, and I must say this was by far one of the best reads as of date. Like an onion, each chapter unraveled some sort of mystery from Rayne and her family; which I thought was genius on her end. Her wordplay in this book is more than impeccable which I thought was intriguing from the first line. The book itself is filled with emotion, passion, and pain. Definitely a book I'd recommend to anyone. You'll be done by the end of th ...more
Natasha
Never judge a book by its cover or title! I thought this was going to be a romance story based off the title and to my surprise it definitely was not. It was more intrigue and psychological. I enjoyed reading Rayne's story and finding out slowly what had happened in her life to cause her disturbing behavior. The story took awhile to unravel but it all came together in the end and made you understand the why's. I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes to read stories that focus on analyzing th ...more
Chezon
Aug 29, 2011 Chezon rated it liked it
Recommends it for: abuse survivors, women's fiction
Recommended to Chezon by: mother
The story is interesting and the writing pulls you in, but I just feel like the writer withheld the "secret" too long. It wasn't until several chapters into the book that it's revealed what the character is running from, although it was quite obvious to me very early. This book is extremely helpful for anyone who has experienced abuse. It does have some hope within it, but it's subtle. Even in the end, the hope is subtle. But I guess, that's how hope is sometimes....I wouldn't discourage anyone ...more
Katie
Jul 13, 2008 Katie rated it it was amazing
While reading this book I was taking a psychology course. I found it fascinating that while I read I could tell certain things that I would not have understood before they were revealed had I not been taking that class. I loved this book. I couldn't put it down. While the title can be deceiving, and you will get a lot of looks for it, it is most definitely worth it.
Anna
Jan 26, 2012 Anna rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites by Donna Hill, this book was deep and has stayed with me since I read it.
Dee
May 05, 2012 Dee rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago and liked it very much. To this day, I wonder what happened to Rayne. This book is just that good. It wasn't the kind of book where everything was wrapped up in a nice neat bow at the end, but it was very, very good.
Natalie
Feb 06, 2008 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
This was my first book I read by Donna Hill, It's been sitting on my shelf for a while. I read this book in 2 days, Donna kept me completely intrigued with the characters, and mystery behind Rayne's pain, and double personality. I enjoyed this book and I look forward to reading more of her books.
Melissa Miller
Mar 12, 2009 Melissa Miller rated it it was amazing
this was an excellent book. one of my favorites
Keyshia Dorsey
May 24, 2013 Keyshia Dorsey rated it it was amazing
This book is one of my all time favs. i've read it at least a dozen times! the story! the characters! i fell in love with this book and i do every time i read it.
Chantel
Sep 01, 2012 Chantel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant. Enjoyed the mystery of the secret and intrigue.
Karen Cruz
Mar 21, 2010 Karen Cruz rated it really liked it
Great story on how you let your past takeover your life and consume you.
M Landry
Jul 22, 2015 M Landry rated it really liked it
An amazing story about the pain suffered by a woman who was traumatized repeatedly. Rayne's story is sad, yet hopeful, and the author's delivers the story through eloquent and poignant writing. Very enjoyable. I plan to read more from Ms. Hill after this book, because it was a wonderful introduction to her work that makes me want to read more.
Calisha DeAngelo
Mar 02, 2008 Calisha DeAngelo rated it it was amazing
It gives you an insight to the human mind. After reading this book I don't necessarily think that psychiatry is all false anymore. Very good read...a little on the graphic side though.
Lynelle
Jul 25, 2011 Lynelle rated it liked it
I think I read this before...
Darlene Johnson
Jan 06, 2016 Darlene Johnson rated it it was amazing
Really good book.
Aone
Oct 24, 2009 Aone added it
This book was so slow I don't even remember what it was about.
Sierra Washington
Apr 29, 2016 Sierra Washington rated it it was amazing
I REALLY LIKED THIS BOOK
Roslyn Zachary
Roslyn Zachary rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2017
Jaeda
Jaeda rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2014
Terri
Terri rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2009
Quinteta Mcneill
Quinteta Mcneill rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2012
Cocodevine
Cocodevine rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2012
teemz
teemz rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2015
Marlene Garth
Marlene Garth rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2015
Lana
Lana rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2010
Tracy Elliott sisson
Tracy Elliott sisson rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Robin Gezzi
Robin Gezzi rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2010
  • The Ex Files: A Novel About Four Women and Faith
  • Gotta Keep on Tryin'
  • The Ties That Bind
  • Passport Diaries
  • Some Things I Never Thought I'd Do (West End, #1)
  • No More Playas
  • Who Does She Think She Is?: A Novel
  • Boaz Brown (Boaz Brown, #1)
  • Baggage Claim