Start by marking “The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies” as Want to Read:
The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies

The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies

This major revision of the bestselling guide adds advice on using new technology to present business plans, plus information on financing trends and strategic position development.
Published April 1st 2003 by Planning Shop (first published August 4th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Successful Business Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Successful Business Plan

Marc
Mar 23, 2010 Marc rated it really liked it
Since I'm starting a business I decided to have a plan. I bought this book to figure out how to make a business plan.

This book was great in helping me decide how to go about it. It also made me realize there's a lot more to making a business than I thought. Luckily for me, my business won't be big so most of the stuff I didn't have to worry about but it was still good to learn about them.

I think the failing of this book was that it assumed that you're going to start a huge business and will need
Jeffrey
Sep 25, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
OK, you've got a business idea, you need a plan. Daunting task? Certainly. But don't fret; just get reading Abrams' book. There's enough information here to help you get almost any business started. This is a proven source, for it's been through several re-prints since 1991. It's not just a theory book but a workbook that helps you think about some of the most overlooked, critical issues in starting or growing a business: market research; change and adaptability; personal issues: control, challe ...more
Assel
Apr 08, 2016 Assel rated it it was amazing
I saw it in a book store and immediately grabbed it. Been a slow reader gradually digesting information and practising collecting some information that the author recommends to do as your homework before setting up your business. I shall admit, however, this book is one of very fewest in its niche that is so easy to understand and implement later on. Excellent book among other business plan guides!
Noor
Nov 17, 2015 Noor marked it as to-read
I think for many plans in my mind but can not arrange my plans i dont know why is it ?
John
Mar 25, 2007 John rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
One of the best books on writing business plans I have ever read. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to start a business and could use a first class guide.
Justin Jaeger
Sep 16, 2013 Justin Jaeger rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Students and Analysts
Recommended to Justin by: Willamette University
Shelves: read-for-school
Very comprehensive reference for business plan generation. We used it as a way to begin as well as an 11th hour checklist to make sure we'd covered the relevant bases.
Alisha Purcell
Dec 13, 2012 Alisha Purcell rated it really liked it
Shelves: business
This was required reading during my business degree.
Great book.
Awesome reference.
Arthur
Mar 23, 2009 Arthur rated it really liked it
Great for getting you started and a useful guide. Reading it will help you get it done.
Brian
Feb 12, 2008 Brian rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Good book if you want to start a company
Jillian
Oct 19, 2010 Jillian rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, favorites
The best overall business plan I've read to date.
Joseph
Very good resource
Alien  Citizen
6/25/2005
Mariem
Mariem marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Nicholas Dodge
Nicholas Dodge rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Mohamed Ibrahim
Mohamed Ibrahim rated it really liked it
Sep 14, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Katie Ruiz
Katie Ruiz marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Sonja Biermann
Sonja Biermann marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2016
Zinko
Zinko added it
Aug 12, 2016
Antia Sejdo
Antia Sejdo marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Money luv
Money luv marked it as to-read
Jai
Jai rated it it was amazing
Yussef
Yussef marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Tom
Tom rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2016
John
John marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
  • New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century
  • The ABC's of Writing Winning Business Plans: How to Prepare a Business Plan That Others Will Want to Read - And Invest in
  • Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life
  • 33 Things Every Girl Should Know About Women's History: From Suffragettes to Skirt Lengths to the E.R.A
  • The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law
  • Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off
  • Ben & Jerry's: The Inside Scoop: How Two Real Guys Built a Business with a Social Conscience and a Sense of Humor
  • Let Me Play: The Story of Title IX: The Law That Changed the Future of Girls in America
  • Tongue Fu!: How to Deflect, Disarm, and Defuse Any Verbal Conflict
  • Money, A Memoir: Women, Emotions, and Cash
  • The Girl's Guide to Starting Your Own Business: Candid Advice, Frank Talk, and True Stories for the Successful Entrepreneur
  • The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Money and Investing
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success: Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • The Guerrilla Marketing Handbook
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • National Audubon Society Field Guide to North American Birds: Eastern Region
  • Father to Daughter: Life Lessons on Raising a Girl
  • Jim Cramer's Mad Money: Watch TV, Get Rich

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »