Start by marking “The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies” as Want to Read:
The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies

The Successful Business Plan: Secrets & Strategies

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Forbes calls The Successful Business Plan one of the best books for small businesses. This new edition offers advice on developing business plans that will succeed in today's business climate. Includes up-to-date information on what's being funded now.
Published April 1st 2003 by Planning Shop (first published August 4th 1993)

To ask other readers questions about The Successful Business Plan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Successful Business Plan

Marc
Since I'm starting a business I decided to have a plan. I bought this book to figure out how to make a business plan.

This book was great in helping me decide how to go about it. It also made me realize there's a lot more to making a business than I thought. Luckily for me, my business won't be big so most of the stuff I didn't have to worry about but it was still good to learn about them.

I think the failing of this book was that it assumed that you're going to start a huge business and will need
Jeffrey
OK, you've got a business idea, you need a plan. Daunting task? Certainly. But don't fret; just get reading Abrams' book. There's enough information here to help you get almost any business started. This is a proven source, for it's been through several re-prints since 1991. It's not just a theory book but a workbook that helps you think about some of the most overlooked, critical issues in starting or growing a business: market research; change and adaptability; personal issues: control, challe ...more
John
One of the best books on writing business plans I have ever read. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to start a business and could use a first class guide.
Justin Jaeger
Sep 16, 2013 Justin Jaeger rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Students and Analysts
Recommended to Justin by: Willamette University
Shelves: read-for-school
Very comprehensive reference for business plan generation. We used it as a way to begin as well as an 11th hour checklist to make sure we'd covered the relevant bases.
Alisha Purcell
This was required reading during my business degree.
Great book.
Awesome reference.
Arthur
Great for getting you started and a useful guide. Reading it will help you get it done.
Brian
Good book if you want to start a company
Jillian
The best overall business plan I've read to date.
Joseph
Oct 11, 2013 Joseph marked it as reference
I have fourth edition
Frank
Very good resource
Alien  Citizen
6/25/2005
Andrew Bondi
Andrew Bondi marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Loveunited Hateglazer
Loveunited Hateglazer marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Sudad
Sudad marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Dorie Painter
Dorie Painter marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Ivan Gaikowski
Ivan Gaikowski marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Kim Webster
Kim Webster marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Sunxams
Sunxams marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • New Venture Creation: Entrepreneurship for the 21st Century
  • Free Marketing: 101 Low and No-Cost Ways to Grow Your Business, Online and Off
  • The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success (Second Edition - Entirely Revised): Kick-start Your Business, Brand, and Job Search
  • The Entrepreneur Equation: Evaluating the Realities, Risks, and Rewards of Having Your Own Business
  • The ABC's of Writing Winning Business Plans: How to Prepare a Business Plan That Others Will Want to Read - And Invest in
  • The Accounting Game : Basic Accounting Fresh from the Lemonade Stand
  • One Simple Idea: Turn Your Dreams Into a Licensing Goldmine While Letting Others Do the Work
  • The Little Black Book of Success: Laws of Leadership for Black Women
  • 33 Things Every Girl Should Know About Women's History: From Suffragettes to Skirt Lengths to the E.R.A
  • Fundamentals of Project Management
  • The Girl's Guide to Starting Your Own Business: Candid Advice, Frank Talk, and True Stories for the Successful Entrepreneur
  • Organizing from the Inside Out for Teens: The Foolproof System for Organizing Your Room, Your Time, and Your Life
  • The Consulting Bible: Everything You Need to Know to Create and Expand a Seven-Figure Consulting Practice
  • Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own Business, Keep Your Books, Pay Your Taxes & Stay Out of Trouble (Small Time Operator: How to Start Your Own ... Keep Yourbooks, Pay Your Taxes, & Stay Ou)
  • The Entrepreneur's Guide to Business Law
  • Toward a New Psychology of Women
  • Small Business for Dummies
  • Let Me Play: The Story of Title IX: The Law That Changed the Future of Girls in America
Six-Week Start-Up: A Step-By-Step Program for Starting Your Business, Making Money, and Achieving Your Goals! Business Plan in a Day: Get It Done Right, Get It Done Fast! What Business Should I Start?: 7 Steps to Discovering the Ideal Business for You Passion to Profits: Business Success for New Entrepreneurs Hire Your First Employee