Start by marking “Unto the Hills” as Want to Read:
Unto the Hills

Unto the Hills

4.45  ·  Rating Details  ·  113 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
An inspiring collection of comforting thoughts from one of the world's best known and beloved evangelists. With 365 daily readings, each day's devotion includes a Scripture passage, thoughts from Graham, and a daily prayer.
Published July 1st 1993 by W Publishing Group (first published October 1st 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Unto the Hills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unto the Hills

Estevan Alvarado
Read Devotional Twice -- 1998 & 2003. In 1998, this book help me understand that Jesus was my Lord and Savior.
Theresa
Jan 16, 2011 Theresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-the-shelf
Being new to Christianity, and very excited about learning as much as possible, as quickly as possible, I often find myself going full-tilt in many directions when it comes to "meditating on His word night and day". I lack focus, direction and many times I miss the subtleties of the scriptures I am studying. That's where a devotional such as this one plays a vital role in my walk with the Lord.

Reading Mr. Graham's interpretation and application of scripture has allowed me to focus on what is tr
Paula Whitehouse
I didn't have a lot to choose from when making a selection on BookSneeze, so I decided to go for Billy Graham's "Unto the Hills: A Daily Devotional".

As the name suggests, this is a perpetual daily devotional book.The author encourages the reader that “for peace, for strength, for courage and inspiration, look UNTO THE HILLS.”

Dr Graham has written this devotional from his life experience as a man of God. His goal is that when we have problems we look to God for peace and guidance. His love for G
Daniel Nampo
Aug 09, 2013 Daniel Nampo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that God speaks in many ways, and for me, this book was one of them.
On a gray and dark world that we live, it's good to find a real Christian man (or woman).
Sorry if I sound awkward, I am brazilian and didn't pay much attention to my english classes.
Jaime Contreras
I have now read this Bible study companion thrice. This is one of the best because of the breadth and scope of the stories and applicable scriptural passages. Commit yourself to read this for one year.
Clay Wells
Dec 31, 2014 Clay Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent, like any of Billy's books.

Like anything Billy Graham has written this is an excellent devotion. It is simple, but not simplistic, just truth and grace.
Bill Kalista
Dec 31, 2014 Bill Kalista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Required reading

Do not miss out on inspiration this book can bring to your life. There is nothing more precious than the way Billy expresses his love for our Lord Jesus.
Amanda
Feb 02, 2011 Amanda is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It is a really good book so far! I think everyone will be able to relate to a devotional that is in this book! :)
Teresa Parker
Dec 31, 2013 Teresa Parker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful daily devotional reading.
Trinity Rose
I love anything written by Billy Graham and this daily devotional entitled Unto The Hills was just so full of knowledge and compassion, but the thing I like the most is Billy Graham’s love of our Lord.
Each day has a Bible verse and is full of wisdom and a story to make a point. Also it always ends with a prayer.
I have put many of Billy Graham’s quotes on facebook from this book and was quite inspired by his words of healing and wisdom.
I will keep this book and in a few years go through it ag
Gerald Grappi
Nov 28, 2015 Gerald Grappi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Nov 28th
"Workless Faith"
To be informed and educated with information that will help me live Life is something that I fully embrace.
"You see that a man is justified by works and not by Faith alone".
Anafalz
Nov 20, 2013 Anafalz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have read many devotionals and I have to say this is down on the far bottom end of a list of recommendations. I expected much more from a devotional by Billy Graham. While there were some gems in there, overall it was a bunch of anecdotes trying to prove the verse of the day. I wanted to put it down halfway through the year but kept plugging away. Was not worth the commitment. I highly recommend trying a different devo.
Leslie
Oct 28, 2014 Leslie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful devotional!
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
Melissa Alexander
Melissa Alexander marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Laura rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Myzel
Myzel added it
Jan 27, 2016
Carman
Carman rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Elisa De La Torre
Elisa De La Torre marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Rachael Susilo
Rachael Susilo rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2016
Dale
Dale added it
Jan 16, 2016
Nadine Younger
Nadine Younger marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Jacomie
Jacomie marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
NANCY JONES
NANCY JONES marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Denise
Denise is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2016
  • I Saw the Lord: A Wake-Up Call for Your Heart
  • Daily Bible, with Devotional Insights to Guide You Through God's Word: NIV
  • The Power Of Praying Together
  • A Woman and Her God: Life-Enriching Messages
  • Fascinating Stories of Forgotten Lives: Rediscovering Some Old Testament Characters
  • Heart of the Matter: Daily Reflections for Changing Hearts and Lives
  • How to Pray
  • Fresh Power: Experiencing the Vast Resources of the Spirit of God
  • Captured by Grace: No One Is Beyond the Reach of a Loving God
  • The Shelter of God's Promises
  • Everyday Prayers: 365 Days to a Gospel-Centered Faith
  • A Life of Obedience
husband to Ruth Bell Graham
father of Ruth Graham, Gigi Graham Tchividjian, & Anne Graham Lotz, Nelson, & Franklin Graham

Dr. Billy Graham has authored more than 150 books.

Billy Graham's Son, Franklin Graham has taken the reigns of his ministry.

Billy Graham was married to Ruth (Bell) Graham until her death in 2007. Ruth Graham, was born Ruth Bell in Qingjiang, Kiangsu, China. Ruth's parents
More about Billy Graham...

“The Christian faith has become a cheap faith because we too often live as if it has no value. We complain when the preacher runs over a few minutes on the Sunday sermon and consider it a great inconvenience to return to services once or twice more in the same week. No wonder so much of the world does not consider our faith relevant when we are not even willing to give of our time, much less our freedom or lives, for what we say we believe in.” 3 likes
“        Do all the good you can,         By all the means you can,         In all the ways you can,         In all the places you can,         At all the times you can,         To all the people you can,         As long as ever you can.” 2 likes