Start by marking “Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage” as Want to Read:
Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

To understand your spouse you've got to walk in his or her shoes.

Ever feel like you're stepping on each other's toes? Then maybe it's time you put yourselves in each other's shoes. Of course that may sound uncomfortable. But it's easier than you thinkand it will revolutionize your relationship. In fact, bestselling authors Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott reveal the little-kno

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published April 4th 2008 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Trading Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trading Places

Charles Jones
Aug 11, 2010 Charles Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am always skeptical of books that claim to be the definitive guide to anything, particularly things related to psychology or relationships (the one exception being the DSM IV). So when I read that the editors believe this book holds “the secret” to a better marriage, I wasn’t buying it. But after reading it, I can say (without a hint of skepticism) that it actually works, and the difference is immediate.

The secret share is empathy, the ability to experience things the way another person does.
Charles Jones
Jul 14, 2010 Charles Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Kd
Apr 04, 2015 Kd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an awesome book about empathy. My family concluded that empathy has many levels. If all three steps are used, I feel empathy is shown on a deep level and there is more understanding between the relationship. In general we all have to be mindful when someone is upset and try and hone into what the root of the problem is and not take it personally. Ask those questions for clarification and understanding. Using words like I am trying to understand could you help me... To me it makes all th ...more
Amanda McElrath
I was really looking forward to reading this because it's a topic I am interested in. This book's writing is so hard to follow. Half-way through I decided to keep going and ignore the poor writing. But I found it bothered me more and more as it went along. There seemed to be no sense of direction, maybe they didn't make an outline. It's filled with tons of research and anecdotal stories, which is great. And I am so thankful for the information but it was so difficult to read that I wonder if the ...more
Marissa
Nov 07, 2013 Marissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very comprehensive book written by a great married couple who has lots of wisdom and ministers to different married couples through their many wonderful books. I have read a few of them. They are all insightful, helpful and full of helpful tips for couples. This book is no exception. It really gave me practical advice to empathize with my spouse. An easy and great read.
Jim
Dec 19, 2008 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self
Empathy.
Doug
Apr 13, 2013 Doug rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great unpacking of the dynamics of empathy...lots of transferable skills to a variety of relationships.
Kristin
Jun 25, 2008 Kristin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people preparing for marriage
Very helpful psychological advice about getting married. I think it is a helpful book, but I'm glad to be done with it!
Robin Meadows
Oct 14, 2008 Robin Meadows rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good reminder to see things from your partner's point of view.
Sanchia Goosen
A good read if you don't have years of psychology studies behind you.
Mia Savchenko
Jun 15, 2009 Mia Savchenko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very comprehensive book on how to empathize with your partner to create a more loving & harmonious union. I learned a lot from it.
Susie
Aug 02, 2011 Susie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short and quick read. I thought the illustrations were good and memorable and taught great points. It made me aware of what empathy is, how to develop it, and how it could benefit my marriage.
Tina
Feb 18, 2010 Tina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this one! I learned a lot and I'm excited for Lance to read it!
Alejandro González
No descubre el hilo negro de las relaciones maritales, pero te da recuerda algunos conceptos básicos que son fáciles de olvidar con el tiempo y la rutina.
Elwi Netshisaulu
Elwi Netshisaulu rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2013
Elizabeth Mulherron
Elizabeth Mulherron rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2015
Tyson
Tyson rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2015
Matthew Turner
Matthew Turner rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2014
Adam
Adam rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Jraulston
Jraulston rated it it was ok
Dec 16, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2009
Nikki
Nikki rated it it was amazing
Nov 02, 2008
Todd
Todd rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2014
Joey
Joey rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2016
Mary Swan-Bell
Mary Swan-Bell rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Joanne
Joanne rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Joel Acevedo
Joel Acevedo rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2012
Tia
Tia rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2015
Lisa Shum
Nov 19, 2008 Lisa Shum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
empathy training manual
Lori Gross
Lori Gross rated it liked it
Sep 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
#1 New York Times best-selling authors, Les and Leslie. A husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. In 1991, the Parrotts founded the Center for Relationship Development on the campus of Seattle Pacific University - a groundbreaking program dedicated to teaching the basics of good relationships.

Married in 1984, the
More about Les Parrott III...