Start by marking “Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage” as Want to Read:
Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  15 reviews

To understand your spouse you've got to walk in his or her shoes.

Ever feel like you're stepping on each other's toes? Then maybe it's time you put yourselves in each other's shoes. Of course that may sound uncomfortable. But it's easier than you thinkand it will revolutionize your relationship. In fact, bestselling authors Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott reveal the little-kno

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published April 4th 2008 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Trading Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trading Places

Kd
This was an awesome book about empathy. My family concluded that empathy has many levels. If all three steps are used, I feel empathy is shown on a deep level and there is more understanding between the relationship. In general we all have to be mindful when someone is upset and try and hone into what the root of the problem is and not take it personally. Ask those questions for clarification and understanding. Using words like I am trying to understand could you help me... To me it makes all th ...more
Charles Jones
I am always skeptical of books that claim to be the definitive guide to anything, particularly things related to psychology or relationships (the one exception being the DSM IV). So when I read that the editors believe this book holds “the secret” to a better marriage, I wasn’t buying it. But after reading it, I can say (without a hint of skepticism) that it actually works, and the difference is immediate.

The secret share is empathy, the ability to experience things the way another person does.
Charles Jones

Thomas
Three stars for the book itself. It gets an additional star for the extra materials and resources.
Marissa
This is a very comprehensive book written by a great married couple who has lots of wisdom and ministers to different married couples through their many wonderful books. I have read a few of them. They are all insightful, helpful and full of helpful tips for couples. This book is no exception. It really gave me practical advice to empathize with my spouse. An easy and great read.
Susie
Short and quick read. I thought the illustrations were good and memorable and taught great points. It made me aware of what empathy is, how to develop it, and how it could benefit my marriage.
Christian González
No descubre el hilo negro de las relaciones maritales, pero te da recuerda algunos conceptos básicos que son fáciles de olvidar con el tiempo y la rutina.
Mia Savchenko
A very comprehensive book on how to empathize with your partner to create a more loving & harmonious union. I learned a lot from it.
Kristin
Jul 15, 2008 Kristin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people preparing for marriage
Very helpful psychological advice about getting married. I think it is a helpful book, but I'm glad to be done with it!
Doug
Great unpacking of the dynamics of empathy...lots of transferable skills to a variety of relationships.
Tina
Loved this one! I learned a lot and I'm excited for Lance to read it!
Sanchia Goosen
A good read if you don't have years of psychology studies behind you.
Robin Meadows
A good reminder to see things from your partner's point of view.
Wayne
A very good book well written with a lot of insight. I recommend it.
Lisa Shum
empathy training manual
ELVIS OWUSU
ELVIS OWUSU marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Bonnie DaRienzo
Bonnie DaRienzo marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Fidara
Fidara marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Eunice
Eunice marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Leenes
Leenes marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Sabrina Kent
Sabrina Kent marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Kelly Repass
Kelly Repass is currently reading it
Mar 25, 2015
Debborah
Debborah marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
#1 New York Times best-selling authors, Les and Leslie. A husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. In 1991, the Parrotts founded the Center for Relationship Development on the campus of Seattle Pacific University - a groundbreaking program dedicated to teaching the basics of good relationships.

Married in 1984, the
More about Les Parrott III...
Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Marry 3 Seconds: The Power of Thinking Twice The Hour That Matters Most: The Surprising Power of the Family Meal Relationships: How to Make Bad Relationships Better and Good Relationships Great Saving Your Second Marriage Before It Starts: Nine Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Remarry