Start by marking “Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage” as Want to Read:
Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

Trading Places: The Best Move You'll Ever Make in Your Marriage

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  14 reviews

To understand your spouse you've got to walk in his or her shoes.

Ever feel like you're stepping on each other's toes? Then maybe it's time you put yourselves in each other's shoes. Of course that may sound uncomfortable. But it's easier than you think—and it will revolutionize your relationship. In fact, bestselling authors Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott reveal the little-kn

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published April 4th 2008 by Zondervan (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Trading Places, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Trading Places

Charles Jones
I am always skeptical of books that claim to be the definitive guide to anything, particularly things related to psychology or relationships (the one exception being the DSM IV). So when I read that the editors believe this book holds “the secret” to a better marriage, I wasn’t buying it. But after reading it, I can say (without a hint of skepticism) that it actually works, and the difference is immediate.

The secret share is empathy, the ability to experience things the way another person does....more
Charles Jones

Thomas
Three stars for the book itself. It gets an additional star for the extra materials and resources.
Marissa
This is a very comprehensive book written by a great married couple who has lots of wisdom and ministers to different married couples through their many wonderful books. I have read a few of them. They are all insightful, helpful and full of helpful tips for couples. This book is no exception. It really gave me practical advice to empathize with my spouse. An easy and great read.
Susie
Short and quick read. I thought the illustrations were good and memorable and taught great points. It made me aware of what empathy is, how to develop it, and how it could benefit my marriage.
Christian González
No descubre el hilo negro de las relaciones maritales, pero te da recuerda algunos conceptos básicos que son fáciles de olvidar con el tiempo y la rutina.
Mia Savchenko
A very comprehensive book on how to empathize with your partner to create a more loving & harmonious union. I learned a lot from it.
Kristin
Jul 15, 2008 Kristin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people preparing for marriage
Very helpful psychological advice about getting married. I think it is a helpful book, but I'm glad to be done with it!
Doug
Great unpacking of the dynamics of empathy...lots of transferable skills to a variety of relationships.
Tina
Loved this one! I learned a lot and I'm excited for Lance to read it!
Sanchia Goosen
A good read if you don't have years of psychology studies behind you.
Robin Meadows
A good reminder to see things from your partner's point of view.
Wayne
A very good book well written with a lot of insight. I recommend it.
Lisa Shum
empathy training manual
Lanita Arnold
Lanita Arnold is currently reading it
Oct 23, 2014
Cyn
Cyn marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Katherine Crowell
Katherine Crowell is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Lane Halterman
Lane Halterman is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2014
Jimmie
Jimmie marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Bryan Wisdom
Bryan Wisdom marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Cyril Batac
Cyril Batac marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Makenna Raie
Makenna Raie is currently reading it
May 21, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
#1 New York Times best-selling authors, Les and Leslie. A husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. In 1991, the Parrotts founded the Center for Relationship Development on the campus of Seattle Pacific University - a groundbreaking program dedicated to teaching the basics of good relationships.

Married in 1984, the...more
More about Les Parrott III...
Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts: Seven Questions to Ask Before (and After) You Marry 3 Seconds: The Power of Thinking Twice Relationships: How to Make Bad Relationships Better and Good Relationships Great The Hour That Matters Most: The Surprising Power of the Family Meal High-Maintenance Relationships