Start by marking “Winter Wedding” as Want to Read:
Winter Wedding

Winter Wedding

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  146 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Clara Christopher had met Lord Allingcote several years previously at a houseparty, when he had chosen her as his flirt. But he'd disappeared from her life, and now reappeared escorting the outrageously beautiful Nel Muldoon to a wedding for his cousin. Though his lordship still had eyes for Clara, she had no intention of ignoring the troublesome Nel.
Mass Market Paperback, 219 pages
Published October 29th 1990 by Fawcett

To ask other readers questions about Winter Wedding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter Wedding

Unearthly by Cynthia HandHallowed by Cynthia HandBoundless by Cynthia HandRadiant by Cynthia HandLost Scene from Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
"Clara"
45th out of 50 books — 1 voter
Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenEdenbrooke by Julianne DonaldsonPersuasion by Jane AustenSense and Sensibility by Jane AustenBlackmoore by Julianne Donaldson
Clean Regency (or around then) Romance Novels
249th out of 410 books — 486 voters

More lists with this book...

Linda
Miss Clara Christopher was a rolling stone. Orphaned ten years earlier and poor as a church mouse, she charted her life amongst relatives and friends. Clara visited only those people whom needed her. At two and twenty, she felt she had roughly three years left before she would have to find work: perhaps, as a paid companion.

At present, she was temporarily residing at the Lucker residence: Branlea. Her cousin, Baron Oglethorpe, was marrying Lady Prissie Lucker. Clara was helping prepare for the
Lyuda
Dec 27, 2013 Lyuda rated it it was amazing
After reading dark, angst books lately I wanted to re-read one of my “comfort books”. The book is one of my favorite books by one of my favorite regency writer. It takes place in the country estate right after Christmas. The main characters are wonderful, with great chemistry and delightful banter. There are a lot of funny, satirical moments with secondary characters.
Chamrie Andrews
Jul 29, 2014 Chamrie Andrews rated it really liked it
I have been on the hunt for another good regency novel. Unfortunately, the regency time period is a favorite for trashy authors. It was quite refreshing to come across this cute and sweet little love story. It was clean and fun, and I hope I will like her other books as well.
Jane
4.55 stars - pg13?
P.
Sep 25, 2015 P. rated it it was ok
While it was a bit interesting to have the main characters already in love then lose track of each other for two years [not the actual instance, mind you, but the concept] neither character is even mildly charismatic and I didn't care whether and then when they connected again.The hero is a bit odd and the heroine bland. There's also and amazingly spoiled heiress, but she's just not credible. Not worth the read unless you are in the grips of total boredom, although this one might just intensify ...more
Kym Licup
Jan 27, 2012 Kym Licup rated it really liked it
This book was really lots of fun. The banter was witty, supporting characters well done. The males protagonist was portrayed so human--with insecurities, misperceptions, but I rooted for him the whole time. The heroine was also well-done. She wasn't portrayed as bitter despite her tragedies and life's bad luck. She spoke of her host's quirks, but still said, despite all those, Clara liked her a lot. We all have friends like that...where you aren't quite sure why you like them-- but you do!
As a p
Monique
Feb 24, 2016 Monique rated it did not like it
One of the most ridiculous I've ever read.
Half the time, the guy came off as a creepy psychopath who, after knowing the girl for three days, decided she must not look at any one else but him. The other half of the time, he was much too familiar and emotional on such a short term of acquaintance.
ladydusk
Mar 12, 2014 ladydusk rated it really liked it
Kindle. 3.5 stars. A pleasant Regency era romance between more serious reading. Nice diversion, worth watching for others.
Elen
Jul 08, 2016 Elen rated it liked it
It's not bad, maintained my focus the whole time reading, but there's something significant lacking.
Charris Bradshaw
May 31, 2014 Charris Bradshaw rated it really liked it
Does he love her or not? A wedding and a run a way, will keep you guessing.
Jultri
Apr 05, 2015 Jultri rated it really liked it
3.5/5
Amy
Apr 05, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
I adored this book. Once I started I was up until 4 am to finish it. So I'm giving it five stars for being awesome and making me happy. Now for the disclaimer - it's not great literature. It's happy fluffly fluff with extra fluff. I highly recommend it if you are interested in well written fluffly fluff.
Miriam
Dec 28, 2013 Miriam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kindle
Mikka Azores
Apr 29, 2011 Mikka Azores rated it really liked it
I think a person can relate to Clara Cristopher if they knew a flirt or even flirts that was part of their special someone's life. The flirt, Nel Muldoon, annoyed me which only proves that Joan Smith wrote the character well.
Johnna Cornett
Feb 04, 2011 Johnna Cornett rated it really liked it
silly fun. I think I've been reading one 1970s regency romance a day for the last four months, as etext on my phone. This one is more charming than usual.
Marisella
Jun 20, 2013 Marisella rated it really liked it
Shelves: regency-romance
A sweet, nicely written Regency piece. I loved Clara and Ben, especially the rogueish Ben at the end. very good read
Sarah Bean
Apr 16, 2011 Sarah Bean rated it really liked it
This is one of Joan Smith's better regencies. And available, like all of hers, on Kindle.
Hopefulpuffin
Hopefulpuffin marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Merete
Merete added it
Jul 20, 2016
Barbara H
Barbara H marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Cath
Cath marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2016
Leah Anglin
Leah Anglin marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2016
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
tasukiscool
tasukiscool rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
Swathi Balasubramanian
Swathi Balasubramanian marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
ARomanceLover
ARomanceLover marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Reema
Reema marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2016
Msin
Msin marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Lady Whilton's Wedding
  • Fallen Angel
  • Quiet Meg (Regency Trilogy, #1)
  • The Wooing of Miss Masters
  • Lady Elizabeth's Comet (Clanross, #1)
  • Lady with a Black Umbrella
  • Marrying Harriet (The School for Manners, #6)
  • Miss Whittier Makes a List
  • The Tyrant (The Golden Chronicles, #3)
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • The Phantom Lover
  • The Fortune Hunter (Lord Rival, #2)
  • The Gypsy Heiress
  • Red Adam's Lady
  • Miss Jacobson's Journey (Rothschild Trilogy, #1)
Joan Smith is a graduate of Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario, and the Ontario College of Education. She has taught French and English in high school and English in college. When she began writing, her interest in Jane Austen and Lord Byron led to her first choice of genre, the Regency, which she especially liked for its wit and humor.
Her favorite travel destination is England, where she res
More about Joan Smith...