Start by marking “An Oak of Hope” as Want to Read:
An Oak of Hope

An Oak of Hope

For ages the world has been savaged by the different magics that lay claim to Aura. Legend foretells of a Chosen One who can control them all and bind them together. Though few have emerged through the ages and none have been successful, a young girl of the central clans begins her own legend in seeking the key to all magic.
Published January 24th 2011 by Createspace (first published November 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about An Oak of Hope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Oak of Hope

Jeffrey Poole
Mar 18, 2011 Jeffrey Poole rated it it was amazing
When a young girl is given a magical golden dagger by two weelfs (going to have to read the book to find out what a weelf is!), her life is forever changed as it is revealed she is the Chosen One of legend.

With her friends by her side, including a Red Orc, Brandeis is shocked to discover the long lost Golden Temple of Ata. Fearing many of the creatures that call Aura home will want to plunder the treasures of the temple, the clansmen of the forest hastily join forces to protect the Chosen One so
Brandy Camel
Aug 12, 2011 Brandy Camel rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: independent
This is my dad's book. The book that changed and shaped my life forever. The book that made me the woman I am today. The date I finished this below was before it was ever published - when it was first written.

It's not possible for me to be completely unbiased because of those facts. But what I do want to make clear is that this is a book for growing up and for reflecting on your childhood. In it, there are life lessons, gains, losses, adventure, excitement, and a caricature of life through fanta
Brandy Camel
Jul 24, 2011 Brandy Camel rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: independent

アリックス 高田
Quite simply, a feast for your eyes. You'll find yourself consumed in the story that's eloquently told by a daddy to his precious daughter, and you're there for the ride. Caution: when you read it... next thing you know? It'll be 10 am and time to go to school already.

This is something that I will purchase multiple copies of; girls nowadays need a strong role model like Brandeis, instead of bimbos like the Kardashian sisters.
Scott
Mar 21, 2011 Scott rated it really liked it
An Oak of Hope is a great family book. This is something that I will be reading to my daughter time and time again. The story follow a young girl as she finds out that she is a chosen one who can bring the true magic back to the world, and save her people and more from the users of dark magic. Along the way she is helped by a very diverse group of people including some weelfs, a red orc, and a brother she didn't know existed.

I cannot wait until the next book in the series is released.
アリックス 高田
アリックス 高田 rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2011
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Sep 17, 2011
Brian O'neill
Brian O'neill marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2011
April
April marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2012
Indie Book Club: Brandeis of Aura: An Oak of Hope 3 14 Sep 13, 2011 12:26PM
3071987
Though I have been successful as both a follower and a leader, my place is best as a number two man. My analytical skills are my forte. They give me great incite into people, systems, and plans. My experience is operational and focused on getting things done. My demeanor points toward methodical but my actions always push to the edge. This brings innovation and creativity to any project I am ...more
More about Ken Camel...