Start by marking “Un disgusto pasajero” as Want to Read:
Un disgusto pasajero
Preview

Un disgusto pasajero

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  173 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Françoise Sagan sitúa ante la muerte a un hombre de unos cuarenta años, Matthieu Cazavel, sin más señas destacables que las de estar casado con una mujer que le aburre, tener una amante por quien siente un afecto que la distingue de las demás y llevar una vida más bien fácil y superficial, o sea, un hombre cualquiera. Su médico acaba de comunicarle que tiene un cáncer de p ...more
Published March 1995 by Tusquets (first published August 30th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Un disgusto pasajero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Un disgusto pasajero

VikiMoro
Ce livre m'a rappelé un peu de l'univers modianesque qui, en ce moment, m'est beaucoup plus familier. Il apporte la nostalgie spécifique au lauréat de Nobel de Litterature 2014, même s'il manque sa douceur, les regards mysterieux, les lieux ténébreux où on se retrouve en lisant, le charme d'antan, d'un temps perdu. Au contraire, pour Sagan, les choses sont plus claires et directes; et, pourtant, son protagoniste cherche toujours: ses amours lointains, sa vie d'avant. Le rythme de l'action semble ...more
Henry
I thought the translation just ruined the book, with such outdated and cliched phrases, but maybe since the character was such a shallow man, maybe it was intentional.

The plot is rather thin too,

What I don't understand: how does a mediocre architect afford a wife and a mistress, and still have
enough money to think of supporting his old flame who consoles him in the end?
The book has a kind of O Henry ending though I did anticipate it.
Keliani
Anna
I really didn’t like the main character Paul, and because this story is so introspective I spent a lot of the book irritated at how self-centred and shallow he is. The translated dialogue felt very unnatural, but some of the narrative was quite beautiful. The story itself wasn’t anything special, and I anticipated the ending. Meh. I much preferred Sagan’s Bonjour Tristesse and A Certain Smile.
Lucinda
A novel that follows a day in the life of a middle aged man who has just found out he has cancer. This is a tough subject to write about in an honest way, without all the cloying sentimentality that is often found around this kind of subject.
One thing, though, that I really did not love, was the ending. I kind of saw it coming though, as I suppose most readers might.
Tove
As much as I love Sagan, this book felt sort of like a joke; far too long and complicated (and misogynistic) to carry such a weak punch line. I tire of Paul, I dislike him; as I understand it, that is the point. Thankfully, as always, we are surrounded by great women. Although Paul cannot seem to see any depth in them, I can.
Sofia Musatova
Cet homme veut que je sois heureux d'abord seul, puis avec lui. Cette séquence de priorités, je vous assure, il est très difficile de trouver chez un homme, d'ailleurs, et chez une femme.

Françoise Sagan
Carolyn Heinze
Nice tight writing, and considering the subject matter, not self indulgent, either. Wasn't keen on the ending, but there were some good passages. Will definitely pick up more of Mme Sagan...
This book was brilliant.
unknown
unknown marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Olga Gavrilova
Olga Gavrilova marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Olga Germek
Olga Germek marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Meow
Meow added it
Mar 22, 2015
Asta Venter
Asta Venter marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sati Movsesyan
Sati Movsesyan marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Hoyadaisy
Hoyadaisy marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Astral
Astral marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Alekz
Alekz marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Ioan Suhov
Ioan Suhov marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Meghan J
Meghan J marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
marlene nelson
marlene nelson marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Molly
Molly added it
Dec 31, 2014
Mirela
Mirela added it
Dec 28, 2014
nina Zagorovskaya
nina Zagorovskaya marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Nihan Yelkenci
Nihan Yelkenci marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
  • La Maison Tellier
  • Modern Art: A Very Short Introduction
  • Solo Faces
  • Tartine Book No. 3
Born Françoise Quoirez, she grew up in a French, Catholic, bourgeois family. She was an independent thinker and avid reader as a young girl, and upon failing her examinations for continuing at the Sorbonne, she became a writer.

She went to her family's home in the south of France and wrote her first novel, Bonjour Tristesse, at age 18. She submitted it to Editions Juillard in January 1954 and it
More about Françoise Sagan...
Bonjour Tristesse Aimez-vous Brahms? A Certain Smile Bonjour Tristesse & A Certain Smile Sunlight on Cold Water