Start by marking “The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant, #1)

The Mephisto Covenant: The Redemption of Ajax (The Mephisto Covenant #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,915 ratings  ·  463 reviews
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger--she is an Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx's biggest threat.

A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant--God's promise he will find peace in the love...more
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 438 pages
Published September 27th 2011 by EgmontUSA

Wither by Lauren DeStefanoEntwined by Heather DixonSilence by Becca FitzpatrickDie for Me by Amy PlumAnna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Best Book Covers 2011
57th out of 718 books — 3,086 voters
The Luxe by Anna GodbersenRumors by Anna GodbersenEnvy by Anna GodbersenSplendor by Anna GodbersenEntwined by Heather Dixon
Dresses To Die For!
35th out of 996 books — 1,719 voters

More lists with this book...

Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I am very sorry, but this is unreadable. It's not often that a book makes me this angry. In fact, I don't remember the last time it happened. I'd honestly hoped that I would like it, otherwise I would never have requested it. But after 170 pages, the list of problems I had with The Mephisto Covenant was longer than the book itself. And I just had to give up.

Alexandra ‘Sasha’ Annenkova is an Anabo, a descendant of Aurora, daughter of Eve before the Original sin. Being made of pure light, she is c...more
Cait
This book was given to me by the publisher through netgalley. You can also find this review on my blog Cait's Corner

So, Mephisto Covenant.

Sounds like it would be a good book, right? A nice enough premise, seems as though the author actually did some research and, from the plot, it looks like he actually has to win her love, instead of it being the common YA insta-love. It's going to be fabulous!

Bhahahaha whooo.... I love that picture. But anyways......

It. Was. Terrible

Let me start with so...more
Vinaya
For everyone who thinks I've lost my mind liking this book, here's a little message:

description

Okay, I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Jeez.

In and of itself, The Mephisto Covenant is a straight-up young adult paranormal romance targeting older teens. (view spoiler) The initial couple of chapters were a little rocky, with way too much info dumping and I was afraid the D...more
Misty
PLEASE NOTE: This is a DNF (did not finish) review. For those of you concerned, I quit at the 100-page mark. Also, this is all spoilery, so you have been warned.

I tried with The Mephisto Covenant, honestly, I did. But it was clear to me really early on that this was not the book for me, and unlike Carrier of the Mark (which I also realized early on was not the book for me), I didn't find anything in it that compelled me to keep reading. Find out why HERE ....more
Claire
This book will be popular. It has a great hook and an interesting mythology and the same utterly-devoted-overprotective-and-totally-into-her-but-with-iron-self-control romance dynamic that Twilight fans like so much.

That said, I couldn't get through it. It made Twilight's 1950s gender dynamics, abusive relationship parallels, and sexual-innocence-is-a-girl's-most-precious-belonging undertones seem subtle in comparison. Sex with a "Mephisto" (sons of a fallen angel who are sorta good -- working f...more
Allison (The Allure of Books)
The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen is the first book of a new paranormal series about a group of sons of Hell and their hope for redemption through the Anabo (daughters of Eve). More specifically, the brother named Jax meets Sasha, who turns out to be his Anabo. Attraction and complications ensue, and the even-more-evil-than-the-sons-of-Hell-bad-guys come out to play.

Even though I'm sure I'll go on for longer than this, my review can basically be summed up into one sentence. My belief is th...more
Amanda (Good Choice Reading)
Mephisto Covenant. This name alone made me think of a witchy boys, and even sons of hell translated in my mind to a group who had pledged their souls in some way to hell. I wasn’t expecting actual sons of hell, which is exactly what they are. Such a breath of fresh air with the abundance of other paranormal creatures and fallen angels floating about. Also; kind of hot if I do say so myself.

The Mephisto Covenant started a little slow for me, though it jumps right into the action, it took a little...more
Kirby Hamann
This series is one of my all time favorites! This series is based on the myth of the Anabo--the descendants of Eve before she ate the forbidden fruit--revolving around 6 brothers (the Mephisto Covenant, sons if a dark angel and Anabo) trying to rid the world of the dark influence of Eryx their eldest brothers who's bound for hell. But the Mephisto have a shot at redemption if they can selflessly love the Anabo that was made for them. This series is a page turn, impossible to put down and a must...more
oliviasbooks
You Tarzan. Me Jane? No. „I’m Mephisto – you’re Anabo. Since I’m the one who caught your scent, it means you’re intended for me.”
In my very private opinion there are only two possible and healthy viewpoints to adapt when reading The Mephisto Covenant: Incredulous Outrage and Guilty Pleasure. My own has been a mixture of both, but as my final 3-star-rating shows, I primarily went with the latter and consequently had a shitload of fun. I am aware of the fact that there are also readers who consume...more
~Tina~
The Mephisto Covenant was rushed in some places while slow going in others, but I just loved the concept for this book, the writing is well done and the characters were enjoyable and easy to get lost with.
All in all a good start to what looks like a promising series, which I'm looking forward to continuing.

(Arc provided by Netgalley)
Minh
No longer reading "The Memphisto Covenant"

..because the story is just dragging and there’s too much “Oh I really love her and I must be with her” and “Oh, snaps-dizzles, he’s soooo hot, so I’m totally gonna trust him and not feel all weird that he tries to erase my memory. Nah, Imma keep on making out with him. It’s all good.” …. OOOOOkaaay.

If I wanted a sappy, mushy love story that lacks substance, I’d go read Twilight or something. And if I wanted a story with basically NO worthwhile action sc...more
Krystle
This has all the elements of YA fiction I don't like. There's insta-love to the max in this book. As soon as they see each other they're stuck by how "beautiful" and "perfect" each other is. I clearly remember the guy saying some dumb crap like, "I've smelt you, so now you're mine." WTF. If some guy said that to me I'd tell him he's psycho and to get the fuck away from me.

I totally hate the tacky info-dumping and how he mind wipes her but she somehow STILL likes him when they meet each other aga...more
Crash Queen (Weaver of Dreams)
Actual Rating: No

I couldn't even fathom why I read as far as I did...which was about chapter three. Every page I turned, every word I read, was literally painful.
description

First, let's start with the cover. It was all right, I guess, and I thought "Hey, covers don't mean everything, right?"
Right...
The script on the cover was hard to read, and I had to look on the spine to figure the title out (which I guess could be filed as 'Dreamer's First World Problems').
I don't even remember if I read the insi...more
Jena
I have to admit, in the beginning I was skeptical about this one. I wasn't sure I was really going to get into it... but boy was I wrong. I enjoyed this one SO much. It just kept getting better, and better, and BAM better! Not to mention, Jax is one sexy soul, oh hell yes he is! :) There are struggles, funny lines, and SUPER sexy times. Cannot wait for the next one!
Contessina
Kitaba başlarken fazla teenage olmasından tereddüt etmiştim ama yanılmışım , yazar beni haksız çıkardı . Özgün bir konuya sahip , iyi kurgulanmış bir fantastikti .

Sasha bir Anabo idi . Anabolar Havva'nın kızının neslinden gelir ve çok nadir bulunurlardı . Ayrıca Anabo denilen bu türün özellikleri genetik yoluyla aktarılmıyordu , yani anneden kıza geçeceği gibi bir durum söz konusu değildi .Jax ise bir Mefistoydu yani Anabonun tam tersi olarak bir cehennem çocuğu ...

Mefistolar Eryx'in rehin a...more
Arizel紫
It was amazing! AMAZINGLY BARFING! It's fatal!

Why?

1.Story First few pages was fine. I actually did enjoyed it. It was fast paced, interesting. Anyway, the scene does not get stuck. The story relating the Bible was no doubt interesting. The Love Story was TERRIBLE. That earns one star! *claps*

2.CharactersThe characters are awful.

Jax. Oh I hate him.
I was totally disgusted especially when he said: "I want to take off all of your clothes and carry you to the bed over there" something like that. Af...more
Lisa
Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

Wow! That is The Mephisto Covenant in one word. I absolutely adored this novel and have been going slightly crazy over it ever since. I began reading with no expectations and was shocked when I fell in love instantly. It was very easy to get lost in Faegen's beautiful writing and to be captivated by her well-developed characters, thought out plot and cheeky humour.

When Sasha's mother is deported to Russia after being fired from her job with the Sta...more
İlkim
Güzel ve farklı bir romandı, bir hayli de hoşuma gitti. Yazar farklı bir dünya oluşturmuş ama bana biraz Charley Davidson hatırlattı şeytanın oğulları temasından felan. Eğer fantastik ögeleri bir kenara bırakırsak aslında bir aşk romanı olduğunu söyleyebiliriz. Jax ve Sasha'nın farklı türlerden olsa da birbirlerini sevebileceklerini ve aşık olabileceklerini keşfediyoruz beraber. Ayrıca "Hale" kitabını da okuduysanız onunla da benzerlikler yakalayacaksınız ama bu hepsinden daha iyiydi.
lilly bear ♡
Erm.
♥ Sarah ♥

First off, this book was fantastic. I loved it. I'm actually confused by some of the bad reviews I've seen. The only thing I can think of is that the people who rated this lower were people who didn't give the book a fair chance and stopped reading it early on, or people who are turned off by stories that have anything to do with God. I am not one of those people. I'm a Christian so I'm not turned off by books with God in them, however, I'm normally not a fan of Christian fiction. I jus...more
Kristi-The Book Faery
THE FAERYS VIEW

The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen was a One-Sit-Read for me. Dark and enthralling, I was captivated my Ms. Faegen’s unique take on the dynamics between Heaven and Hell and those that fall in between.
Ms. Faegen puts an interesting spin on the whole Angel craze while intertwining some interesting German folklore into it.

Sasha is the female protagonist, a descendent of Eve and an Anabo which makes Sasha’s soul that of an angel, destined for Heaven. She’s able to resist tempta...more
Selin Kamaş
Tesadüf eseri elime geçtiği için okuduğum ve hiç pişman olmadığım bir kitaptı :)) Fantastik öğelerin farklı olması da artıydı. Anabolar, mefistolar, limonalar filan değişikti... Aşkta oldukça ön plandaydı hatta fantastikten daha fazla. Jax ve Sasha iyiydi hoştu da, Sasha bu kadar ağlak, yardıma muhtaç bir tip olmasaydı daha iyi olurdu, gına getirdi yani :D Bir de keşke Jax'in kardeşlerini daha çok okuyabilseydik. Özellikle kitabın başındaki küpeli çocuğu çok merak ediyorum :D Her neyse iyiydi iş...more
Rachel's Book Reviews
The Mephisto Covenant
By Trinity Faegen

Sasha was living a nightmare, her life was torn apart in one night. The night her father was murdered. He was an insurance man on a business trip in Russia, her family's homeland. She would do anything to know who killed her father. A man said he knew who killed her father and offered to tell her. Too little, too late, she realized the man’'s real intention was to kill her next. By some sort of miracle, Sasha woke the next day, only to enter another nightmar...more
Jinny (SkyInk.net)
Where do I even begin?

I was originally super excited to read this book. There’s many positive reviews of it on Goodreads, and it had a very intriguing synopsis — Sasha, our main character, wants to know who murdered her father and thinks joining the cult, the Ravens, will bring her answers.

What she finds out instead is that she is Anabo, a descendant of Eve’s daughter (as in, Adam and Eve), and the Ravens try to kill her for it. The Ravens are working for Eryx, who is worse than Lucifer the Devi...more
Jennifer Ellision
To be posted on Almost Grown-up: 10/3/11:

I hate writing bad reviews. HATE IT. Because I'm very aware that the author has accomplished a difficult feat: writing a book in the first place. It's not as though she sat down and said "Today, I'm going to write a book that will make readers want to throw it across the room."

But unfortunately that's what was accomplished.

The premise of The Mephisto Covenant sounded really interesting to me. It seems like angels are the new craze and I haven't read many...more
Pamela Todd
The author unflinchingly launches the reader head first into action and intrigue with The Mephisto Covenant. At first glance, Sasha is a normal girl…albeit one served with a huge injustice. Her father was murdered. And Sasha is determined to discover the mystery behind his death; even if it means going to a group of people she’d do anything to avoid.

The Ravens are a secret society at her school – one that will kill a person’s popularity stone dead if they show even a hint of joining. But it is t...more
TinasBookReviews
Ok- so lets get right down to it- this book just wasn't for me. I thought perhaps with the heaven and hell concept it might be a book I could get into...but sour disappointment came with it.

Im about sick of girl meets a creep and immediately spreads eagle plotlines....how pathetically trashy and how sad for the young girls reading this. Jax (hell-boy love interest) makes Patch and the guy from Bitter End kind of look like a knight in shinning armor-

Ive had about my fill of stupid girls and less...more
Mariya
THE MEPHISTO COVENANT will probaly be a very popular book when it releases, because mythology books are something very different and it's not a secret that we want more mythology books, but for me I think the reason I just couldn't continue with this book was it was heavily loaded with religious beliefs.

I don't go to church or anything, but the thought of having an obsession worshiping some kind of god, it was just sickening to me. To be honest, I was really disgusted with the first chapter, I w...more
Hylary Locsin
Originally posted on my blog: http://libraryladyhylary.blogspot.com ! Check it out for more reviews!

Seventeen-year-old Sasha Annenkova wants nothing more than to learn the truth behind her father’s murder in Russia years earlier. When a group of students at her Oakland high school tell her of a club called the Ravens, a group that pledges to give up God and serve Eryx in exchange for being granted whatever they want, she jumps at the chance to discover what really happened to her father. At the...more
Erika
0.5 star a.k.a did not like it at all

The title drew me toward this book. The characters or the story (or both) threw me out of it.

Blurb:
Sasha is desperate to find out who murdered her father. When getting the answer means pledging her soul to Eryx, she unlocks a secret that puts her in grave danger—Sasha is Anabo, a daughter of Eve, and Eryx’s biggest threat.
A son of Hell, immortal, and bound to Earth forever, Jax looks for redemption in the Mephisto Covenant—God’s promise he will find peace in...more
Goodreads Librari...: Title issue 3 47 Dec 27, 2011 06:18PM
  • After Obsession
  • Blood (Mercian Trilogy #1)
  • Airborne (Airborne Saga, #1)
  • Misfit
  • Bloodspell (Bloodspell, #1)
  • Winter's Shadow (Winter Saga, #1)
  • A Beautiful Dark (A Beautiful Dark, #1)
  • Luminous
  • Dark of the Moon
  • Legacy (Legacy, #1)
  • Illuminated
  • Blood Song (Lharmell, #1)
  • Tris & Izzie
  • Destined (Destined, #1)
  • Abithica
  • Shifting
  • Frost
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
Trinity Faegen is a multi-published RITA winning author who also writes romance as Stephanie Feagan. A practicing CPA who loves travel, books, and smart guys, she lives in the outback of west Texas with her husband and a mean cat. For bonus content and more about the Mephisto, please visit her website at www.trinityfaegen.com.
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trinity...
More about Trinity Faegen...
 The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant, #2) Only You (The Mephisto Covenant, #3) The Mephisto Code: The Redemption of Xenos Edge of Eighteen (Mephisto Covenant #0.5) Nyx in the House of Night: Mythology, Folklore and Religion in the PC and Kristin Cast Vampyre Series

“She wanted to tell him she'd never pick any of those other three billion guys, because he was all she wanted. He was her freak, and she'd love him forever.” 46 likes
“They stood together, arms wrapped tight, listening to the wind through the pines while snow fell softly all around. This was one of those moments in life she knew she’d never forget.

He moved his head so that his lips were close to her ear. “Run, Sasha. If you can do it, run like hell and don’t look back.”

Her breath came in short little gasps. “I don’t want to run.”
36 likes