Start by marking “Daddy Dates: Four Daughters, One Clueless Dad, and His Quest to Win Their Hearts: The Road Map for Any Dad to Raise a Strong and Confident Daughter” as Want to Read:

4.27 of 5 stars 4.27  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  28 reviews
One day motivational leader Greg Wright realized that the four set of pretty young eyes under his own roof were looking to Dad to be strong, fearless, and wise.

The reality was, the lone male in an all-girl household ("heck, even the dog was female") was only thirty years old and felt like he had been shoved into the deep end of the estrogen pool without swimming lessons.

Th...more
Published May 3rd 2011 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about Daddy Dates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daddy Dates

Chris
Greg Wright writes about the necessity of building and maintaining a strong relationship with his four daughters who range from pre-teen to late teenager.

His story centers on his method of calling his daughters and taking them on “dates.” Not the usual date of dinner and a movie, but quality time with his daughters by taking them to dinner, bookstores, libraries, fancy-schmancy dates or wherever he can have alone time to talk, to get to know his daughters, and to learn their likes, dislikes and...more
Chris French
I received this book free from booksneeze.com from Thomas Nelson Publishers in exchange for a review.

If you want to catch something you’ve got to chase it. Greg Wright works off this philosophy in his book. If you want to know your daughter you must pursue her with the intent of knowing her heart. He does this not only in daily life, but in something he calls Daddy Dates. He recognizes an interest one of his daughters has, let’s say books, and takes her to dinner and a bookstore.

His goal durin...more
April
When I first glanced at this book, I thought it was about a single father "getting back in the game", so to speak, and how he helps his children become accustomed to the idea, but it's really about a father who wishes to remain close to his daughters and get to know them better, so he proposes they go on "daddy dates". Written by Greg Wright, this is his personal pursuit to stay ingrained in their hearts and minds, forever.

The concept of "Daddy Dates" (days set aside for just Father and Daughte...more
Wilma
Apr 29, 2011 Wilma added it

Greg Wright

214 pages

Well I only have one have one daughter who is grown.So why am I reading this this book.I also have four granddaughters who are old enough to date.

I like the way he takes his girls out on their first date at the age of 13.He wants them them how they should be treated on a date.These days boys don’t find it necessary to call and ask for a date.they text or send a email.

When their dad picked them up he brings flowers,open the car door and shows them you don’t have to spend a...more
Amanda
I have received the book "Daddy Dates: Four Daughters, One Clueless Dad, and His Quest to Win Their Hearts: The Road Map for Any Dad to Raise a Strong and Confident Daughter" by Greg
Wright from the book publishing company booksneeze.com.

I really enjoyed reading this.What I liked about reading this book is that Greg Wright introduces each chapter by telling about each of his four daughters. After he introduces his daughter, he will tell about how he learns about his daughter by taking her out on...more
Eric Dunn
Daddy Dates by Greg Wright is a thought provoking and often humorous book about a father raising 4 daughters. In this book Greg lays out his road map for what he calls "daddy dates". The concept behind it is so simple that it's beautiful. He calls his daughters and sets up real live dates with them. He picks them up from their house (which is also his house), takes them out for a date, and then brings them back home. This probably sounds pretty simple, but there's so much more.

The genius of his...more
Cafelilybookreviews
Greg Wright, proud father of four daughters, offers insight and wisdom on how he connected with his daughters in his book, Daddy Dates.

Peeling back the layers of what can often be a complicated relationship, Greg tells dads “girls want you to pay attention when they are talking.” Simple, yet profound statements like these are all throughout this book.

Greg shares the touching (and sometimes tense) moments of his “dates” with his daughters which evolved from his desire to show his young princesse...more
Lindsey Baker-whitney
When my wife and I started to consider kids, we were generally told that boys were great and girls were…well the only advice we got was “LOOK OUT”. After recently having a daughter myself, I was eager to find a book that could provide some practical insights into being an effective dad. From the start, Greg used the book Daddy Dates as an effective medium to touch on all the issues that I as a new dad started to fret over. Girls face tremendous pressure from media, the social scene, as well as a...more
Daniel Butcher
Greg Wright has been asked by lots of other dads, how did you get such a good relationship with your daughters? Wright explains his journey to better relating to his four daughters in Daddy Dates. As a father of four girls, Wright came to the realization that he was struggling as a dad. In reflecting, and trying to be logical and planful, to overcome this problem, Wright developed a mission statement, “Don’t Screw Up.” He realized as he considered his relationships that as a teenager he was an e...more
Tracy Smith
Take a real dad, with a real passion for parenting and loving his daughters, and you have the basis for "daddy dates". This book takes the basic concept of dating and turns into one of the best tools that any man could have on his bookshelf. By really and genuinely focusing on his daughters and what their opinions, thoughts, and dreams are, as they go out together on different excursions, this dad learns what really makes them tick. By showing these young women that they matter the most in his l...more
Melissa Roach

The Road Map for Any Dad to Raise a Strong and Confident Daughter by Greg Wright

Description:
Daddy Dates gives the average Joe easy steps to actively and successfully engage with his daughter and raise a confident woman-to-be.

When faced with the reality of raising four (4!) teen daughters, Greg Wright went on a soul quest. He came back with a mission: Don’t Screw Up.

This funny, insightful, and relatable book poses th...more
Julie Graves
"THE ROAD MAP FOR ANY DAD TO RAISE A STRONG AND CONFIDENT DAUGHTER"

In Greg Wright's book Daddy Dates he shares with the reader his insights into dating his 4 daughters. Having 4 daughters made him realize that he wanted to be involved in their lives and invest in their lives. He came up with the concept of dating his daughters and has shared in his book how a Dad can go about doing that.

Getting to know each daughter's personality and likes and dislikes has helped him establish meaningful relat...more
Dale
What a great idea.

In a world where so many kids are disconnected from their families, Greg Wright is determined to be a large part of his four daughters' lives. The only way to do this is to spend time with his girls - lots of time (I once had a principal tell me that kids spell love T-I-M-E and I have seen nothing in 21 years of teaching to contradict that thought).

The "daddy date" is devoted time just to them as a unique and special person. He achieves this by having "daddy dates" with them. O...more
Seth
A quick and easy read with a simple focus, Wright’s book is a roadmap to successful fatherhood of daughters through the lens of intentional, focused daddy-daughter dates from an early age. My own daughter is still a toddler, so much of Wright's perspective and ideas I filed away for future use, yet I gleaned much from his experience. The teen years are still so far away in my mind—and impossible to even attempt to fathom at this point—that the best parts for me involved the early age and just ge...more
Erlyn Trinidad
Mr. Greg Wright sure hit the jackpot when it comes to winning the hearts of his four daughters. And it was downright awesome that he got pushed into writing this book about his Daddy Dates, more so, it was wonderful to get a clue of what's going on inside a dad's head, particularly one that has daughters. We all know our dad's wanted the best for their little girls, but it is refreshing to know that dad's would also like to connect to their girls, regardless if she's four, thirteen or past thirt...more
Joe Devaughn
Good book. Quick and easy read. Useful information I plan to use as my daughter grows.
Andrew
Good book. Biggest strengths are the repetitive principles behind Daddy Dates and the practical examples (both successes and failures).

Because it was published by Thomas Nelson I expected more appeals to biblical commands and/or biblical principles (especially from Wisdom Literature), but this could have been written by any dad who desires to love his daughters well.

I'll keep it around for ideas as my daughters grow, but it's not a go-to parenting book.
Jeremy
Solidly practical. While the theological neat nick in me struggled on multiple occasions, I appreciated his straight forward and simple truth regarding the importance of being a present father who loves his daughters (and how doing daddy dates is a great tool for doing that)
Wilson Luong
I loved this book. The whole time I imagined Lucy & I. The author is funny and witty, and I would recommend this book to any father who has a daughter and looking for ways to create that special daddy daughter relationship.
Rachel Blom
Inspiring, easy and funny read about a dad deciding to 'date' his four daughters in order to get to know them better. See here for full review: http://www.youthleadersacademy.com/bo...
Peter
As a father of six daughters, I could relate to this dad. The book is full of reasons to spend time with your daughters, ideas for dates, and humorous and touching examples from his own family.
Emily
Go on quality dates with your daughters!! There, now I saved you the trouble.

Really it's a cute little book, Tom read it too.
Tonya Mandich
Great for Dad's who really want to know how to grow close to their daughters... and model for them what to look for in a husband.
Jonathan
Contains some good suggestions for getting to know your daughters. Humorous and conversational.
Brooke
Every dad with a daughter (or wife even) should read this! Loved the advice and shared experiences.
Justin
A must read for any dad with at least one daughter.
Davestuartjr
Awesome book for dads!
Kristy
Review to come soon...
Don Baham
Don Baham marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Rohi
Rohi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Satan's War on Free Agency A Year in New York Sprout!: Everything I Need to Know about Sales I Learned from My Garden Tolkien in Perspective Peter Jackson in Perspective: The Power Behind Cinema's the Lord of the Rings. a Look at Hollywood's Take on Tolkien's Epic Tale.