Start by marking “Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker!” as Want to Read:
Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker!

Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker! (My Weird School #10)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  1,029 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Something weird is going on

Mr. Docker must be a mad scientist. He does nutty experiments and has an evil, demented, cackling laugh. Plus he invented a car that runs on potatoes Mr. Docker is the weirdest science teacher ever Is he trying to take over the world?
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker!

Karen Arendt
I love this series for second graders. Great for reluctant readers, too. Mr. Docker is the science teacher who uses potatoes for batteries. Students will learn a few things about science as they enjoy the humor of students at Ella Mentry School.
Mickeymouse12
May 15, 2008 Mickeymouse12 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I LIKE THIS BOOK THEY ARE VERY INTERESTING ALL OF THESE BOOKS ARE GREAT THAT WHY I ENJOY READING ALL OF THESE BOOKS I ONLY LIKE THE LITTLE BOY AJ HE IS A MESS HE SPEAK HIS MIND IF HE GOT ANYTHING TO SAY HE IS GOING TO SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marie Willis
Jun 13, 2014 Marie Willis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oldest loves these books. He's fast burning through the series. I need to find another one like it as it's hard to find anything that Oldest likes to read besides comic books (Garfield and the like).
Maren
Oct 11, 2011 Maren rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
This book was hilarious! It was funny because at the end Mr Docker made a potato car. T
Lavanda
Feb 18, 2011 Lavanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Edward loves this series of books. We read this one together and I found it humerous.
Dondero
Apr 20, 2011 Dondero rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is funny and suspenseful and I love the characters. It is a great book.
Caren
Jun 08, 2012 Caren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This time the gang is in science class. I just love these books.
Jnase1
Dec 30, 2015 Jnase1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second and third graders at my school love these books. They like that they are funny and use words like "shut up", "dumbhead," and "butt" as well as the exaggerated humor, some of which they don't always get. What I like about these books are the many idioms contained within each. It might be fun to make a class book about all the idioms and their meanings contained within each book...and you can also use this time, if you so choose, to address why using the words "shut up," "dumbhead," and ...more
Dolly
Feb 01, 2012 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
We started reading the books in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot together during storytime, but our oldest started reading ahead into the series on her own and our youngest seemed to lose interest. Occasionally, like with this book, our youngest will express interest and we'll read the story together. Our oldest likes me to read them aloud, even though she's already read the books on her own.

This story features a very strange science teacher who teaches the children some
Benjamin
Apr 07, 2015 Benjamin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think it was really cool. I like how Mr. Docker the science teacher made a potato powered car. And they thought he was a mad scientist so Ryan thought he would swap people's brains. When AJ found out Andrea knew his name, he started to need to be nice to Andrea and at the very end, she actually told everybody his name and so he talked a lot about it.

I really liked it because it really made a lot of funny pictures and Mr. Docker was really funny.
Ruth Ann
Oct 19, 2014 Ruth Ann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juvenile, fiction
This is one of my favorite books in Gutman's "My Weird School" series. Mr. Docker is a science teacher who loves the curiousity of children and encourages them to ask questions. In addition to wackiness and laughter, readers will learn about the scientific method and some scientific content.

As a read aloud, kids will delight in evil laugh if the reader is inclined to ham it up. Don't miss #10.
Ina
Jul 25, 2015 Ina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
This is a goofy school story sure to appeal to young elementary aged boys. There is a crazy teacher, last minute homework completion which gets an "A," and lots of goofy boy humor, like answering a question with "your butt" because every kid knows that's the answer to any question...
Alice
Sep 08, 2015 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
This one wasn't as good as some of the others in the series but still classic A.J.! Thanks to the cover I would have never gotten the 'old fashioned lawnmower thing" I was thinking something else, not the old push mower, or the people mover!
Joe
Jul 30, 2015 Joe rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Silly humor for younger school-goers. My kids loved this (and the others in the series) as we traveled on vacation. THeir favorite part was when a student asks the science teacher if they can look at their boogers under a microscope.
Lisa W.
Joshua Betcher
Sep 08, 2016 Joshua Betcher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok

Not the best but its OK if you are going to read this for a wile
. but it is ok
Maeve
AbSoLuTeLy CrAzYyY!!!
Leah Fox
Jan 30, 2016 Leah Fox rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HILARIOUS!
Shelli
Jan 19, 2015 Shelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
B
May 01, 2009 B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#10 in the Weird School series about the new science teacher who is actually an 80 year old absent minded professor type that welcomes science questions. I liked this one more than the others because it imparted a great message...science can be very cool. Chapter 10, where they are all driving in Mr. Docker's potato powered car...super.
vidhisha
Apr 21, 2013 vidhisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is a very interesting book. mr. docker must be a mad scientist. he does nutty experiments,and he has an evil, demented,cackling laugh.plus he invented a car that runs on potatoes! mr. docker is the weirdest science teacher ever! is he trying to take over the world?
Abe
Jan 12, 2011 Abe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think these books mix it up a little with the teachers and the names, but it's mostly the same thing but with different teachers. I like the part where AJ thinks Mr. Docker is a mad scientist so it's time to find out - is he a mad scientist or isn't he?
Bryan457
Dec 09, 2010 Bryan457 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv-ya
The new science teacher makes science exciting; eating bugs, setting off explosions, and other neat things.

A.J. gets blackmailed by Andrea.

One of the more humorous books in the series. A.J. still hates school and engages in antisocial behavior.
Steph
Sep 14, 2013 Steph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Spencer (8 yrs old) loves these books. We just finished reading this one last week. They are a fun series and has us often laughing so hard we have to explain to everyone else what happened that was so funny!
Rebecca Heywood
Aug 23, 2011 Rebecca Heywood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These are some cute books Melanie got at the library. i think they might be a little below her reading level and more of Patrick's reading level. But they are still cute
Taylor
Nov 06, 2010 Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THis one was funny and I asked my science teacher about some of the expriments they do in the book incuding ones with potatoes and she says it is possible. That makes it funnier.
Samantha
When 80-year-old Mr. Docker joins the Ella Mentary School staff, A.J. knows he'll hate science as much as he hates everything else at school. And that includes that girl Andrea!
Claudia
Sep 17, 2011 Claudia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really great book.It cracked me up with the potato car!!!! I loved
It so much I could read it again and again!!!!!! And the science teacher was insane
Tweety Bird
May 13, 2008 Tweety Bird rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love the doctor he fun you need to read this bookand the kids in this book are pretty cool too so go out and buy that BOOK!!!!!!!!!!
  • Trouble at the Arcade (The Hardy Boys: Secret Files, #1)
  • Heartbreaker (Babymouse, #5)
  • Never Race a Runaway Pumpkin (Roscoe Riley Rules, #7)
  • Henry and Mudge and the Long Weekend (Henry and Mudge, #11)
  • Ticket Trouble (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #10)
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • Hooey Higgins and the Shark
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • The One Hundredth Day of School! (Ready, Freddy!, #13)
  • The Invisible Fran (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #3)
  • Trouble Magnet (George Brown, Class Clown, #2)
  • Tales for Very Picky Eaters
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
  • Shells, Smells, and the Horrible Flip-Flops of Doom (Justin Case, #2)
  • Gooney Bird on the Map
  • 11 Experiments That Failed
  • Journey to the Volcano Palace (The Secrets of Droon, #2)
  • Wheel of Misfortune (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #7)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mrs. Kormel Is Not Normal! (My Weird School, #11)