Start by marking “The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion, #7)

The Island Stallion's Fury (The Black Stallion #7)

3.98  ·  Rating Details ·  2,698 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Gagner la course internationale de La Havane, quel reve ! Steve imagine deja Flamme sur la ligne de depart. Mais l ile de Cuba est si loin, et les delais sont si courts Heureusement, le jeune homme n est pas du genre a abandonner facilement !"
Published 1975 by Knight

To ask other readers questions about The Island Stallion's Fury, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Island Stallion's Fury

Kensie Linton
May 11, 2015 Kensie Linton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends and family
The main characters of this book are Pitch, Steve, and Tom. Pitch is an archaeologist. He found this island and is looking for things from the Spanish Conquistadors. Azul Island is believed to have been the island where the Spanish stayed and built tunnels. Steve is Pitch’s best friend. He came to the island the year before with Pitch and met his stallion, Flame. Tom is Pitch’s fostered brother. He is so big and muscular that he rules Antago because everyone is scared of him so they obey him.
The
Tania
Nov 12, 2009 Tania rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Returning to Azul Island alongside Steve and Pitch, we are excited to learn this is still a forgotten paradise. Steve and Flame continue to have the kind of connection most riders dream of having with their horse. Then twin foals are born, and one is orphaned. Steve and Pitch set to the hard task of raising him, and saving his life. When a chance encounter with Tom back on Antago sets of a chain of events that brings the cruel man to Azul Island, within reach of Flame and the foal, we fear that ...more
Rena Sherwood
Although it brings out the character of Flame more than the other books in the Island Stallion series, this is a very violent book and may not be suitable for small children. I can't help but wonder if Farley was depressed when he wrote this. It's one of the shortest books in the series. Even Ruth Sanderson (the cover artist) seems to be phoning it in, too. Compare the image of Flame on the cover with the Breyer Fighting Stallion model. Just add some waving mane, a blue sky and some canyon rock ...more
Jeffrey
Jun 25, 2008 Jeffrey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My oldest son asked me to read this book, thinking that I'd enjoy it. For the most part, I did. I found the contrasts particularly interesting. Tom is painted evil from the first mention and only gets more stupid, fat and animal with every encounter. Flame, however, is his opposite: beautiful, intelligent and benevolent. We're never given a chance to like Tom and we're never given a chance to dislike Flame.

Overall, it's an "OK" book. My issues with it are more about what I like in a book than an
Wendy
Oct 07, 2011 Wendy rated it it was ok
This book had its good parts and its bad parts. I hated Tom, but then, we were supposed to, Farley made that obvious. His villains are almost always very obvious.

It did have a few good parts, though. The beginning, before Tom showed up, was pretty good. It wasn't terrible, though, except for the part where Tom and Flame fight. I hated that.

All in all, just an okay installment in the series.
Bonnie
Jul 26, 2011 Bonnie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I started re-reading The Black Stallion series by Walter Farley in April and read five more from that series in May: Son of the Black Stallion, The Black Stallion and Satan, The Island Stallion, The Island Stallion's Fury, and The Blood Bay Colt. Only The Black Stallion and Satan was as enjoyable as when I was a kid, though I remember never really caring for the Island Stallion "spin-offs" or the two books on harness racing. Where's Alec and The Black? Bring 'em back!
Jacqueline
Not as good as the first Island Stallion book as there is a bit to much unreal information about horses. I know both series give human emotions to the horses to an extent but having a stallion care about the well being of a foal was just stretching credibility too far. The boys enjoyed it though and the part where the stepbrother is lost in the caves is pretty creepy.
Serena
Jan 09, 2013 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals

My Rating System:
Danielle
Jun 18, 2008 Danielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the only Black Statllion Series book that I'll separately add to my list, simply because it's amazing. It takes place on a mysterious island with lots of tunnels and secret passages and the kinds of things that enchant young readers. Soo good.
Lori
Mar 30, 2010 Lori rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The first book was the story of a boy and a horse, but the series grows with books on similar themes of overcoming adversity and animal/human bonding. Loved them as a kid.
Karalynn
Apr 30, 2015 Karalynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Great story! Love the twist!
Jared Dunn
Apr 11, 2010 Jared Dunn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A rock'n good book!!!!
Lynne Stringer
I wasn't so much of a fan of this book. I found Steve not a protagonist I could warm to and I didn't find the situations as engaging as the majority of the Black Stallion series was.
Heidi
Nov 05, 2010 Heidi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't really remember this book. But it was very good.
Jackie Krasuski
There was not a Black Stallion book that I could ever put down. The stories are the best.
Suzann
Best of the bunch, if you ask me
Victoria
Jun 11, 2008 Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The boys who went to the deserted island and found the horse, Flame as they named it, did research on the island. They've found a lot of the history on the island.
Theresa
Jul 24, 2011 Theresa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
a great story about horses and their world
Faithann
Dec 31, 2014 Faithann rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the others in the series, but it was still worth reading.
Renada Thompson
Reread this childhood favorite. Does not hold up as well as some of Walter Farley's other books, but I wanted to revisit the section in the tunnels that haunted me as a kid.
Heidi
May 19, 2009 Heidi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It doesn't really even earn a single star, it simply has too much discription! I can't even finish it, too boring, no suspense.
Chloe
May 23, 2008 Chloe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing.. I love Walter Farley Books.
Judith
Aug 27, 2016 Judith rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book for young people who like Horse stories.
Sharon
Jan 09, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood, horses
I stormed through this series. I made a beeline for the "F" section for a month's worth of library visits, until I had read the whole series.
Jenna
I hace the fondest memories of searching for these books while on vacations at books stores all over the country when I was in grade school.
Lulurina
Apr 27, 2013 Lulurina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really thought this was a really good book
Tara Calaby
I gobbled up all of these books when I was in my horse phase.
Steve Shilstone
Jun 07, 2012 Steve Shilstone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a youth, this was my favorite Walter Farley, what with the Spanish conquistador relics and all.
  • San Domingo: The Medicine Hat Stallion
  • The Black Stallion's Steeplechaser (Black Stallion Returns, #2)
  • Green Grass of Wyoming (Flicka, #3)
  • Ashleigh's Diary (Thoroughbred Super Edition)
Walter Farley's love for horses began when he was a small boy living in Syracuse, New York, and continued as he grew up in New York City, where his family moved. Young Walter never owned a horse. But unlike most city children, he had little trouble gaining firsthand experience with horses-his uncle was a professional horseman, and Walter spent much of his time at the stables with him.

"He wasn't th
More about Walter Farley...

The Black Stallion (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • The Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #1)
  • The Black Stallion Returns (The Black Stallion, #2)
  • Son of the Black Stallion (The Black Stallion, #3)
  • The Island Stallion (The Black Stallion, #4)
  • The Black Stallion and Satan (The Black Stallion, #5)
  • The Black Stallion's Blood Bay Colt (The Black Stallion, #6)
  • The Black Stallion's Filly (The Black Stallion, #8)
  • The Black Stallion Revolts (The Black Stallion, #9)
  • The Black Stallion's Sulky Colt (The Black Stallion, #10)
  • The Island Stallion Races (The Black Stallion, #11)