El Duque más deseado (Herederas, #3)

El Duque más deseado (Heiress Brides #3)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  920 ratings  ·  65 reviews
En el juego del amor...
El testamento del abuelo de Sophie Blake lega su fortuna a la nieta que primero se case con un duque. Habida cuenta de que su prima, Deirdre, cumplirá con la condición en cualquier momento, la callada y culta Sophie puede sentarse a disfrutar con el único hombre al que verdaderamente adora: Graham. Carece de importancia que dicho hombre, parte encant...more
Published January 30th 2011 (first published January 1st 2008)

Rachel Rogers
Yet another series where I start at the end. I won't be pursuing the rest of the trilogy. I really liked the initial premise of this book. The resolution of all the plotlines was GREAT!

Some Spoilers

The story begins with the flash to Sir Pickering's will, detailing that since none of his daughters married a duke, he leaves his 15,000 pounds in a trust for which ever grand or great grand-daughter does marry a man in this station. If no one does then it goes to charity.

Enter Sophie, the clumsy, boo...more
Limau Nipis
I am fond of Sophie, when I first read Celeste's story in The Duke Next Door. I find her bookish, plain and just enjoying life as it is.

But when I picked this up, I was wondering, my can't the hero, Graham sees Sophie for herself, when he knows her as just plain Sophie, not the enigmatic Sophie who changed her appearance later. I feel that if the writer has taken the effort to make us connect to the plain Sophie, I would enjoy the story more. I find her turning to beautiful Sophie a tad sour, pe...more
J.D. Stroube
I was surprised to find that I truly loved this book.

It was the first book I read from this author, and I did not have high expectations.

Many romance authors can be drab and boring. However, Celeste Bradley used wit to lighten the mood. She also did not revolve the entire book around lovemaking.

I hate it when every other page is spent on intercourse.

This book was great, because it built up to its sexual potential, while concentrating on the relationship between the characters.

I recommend this...more
The_Book_Queen
Passion, intrigue, mystery, and love. You'll find all of these and more in the pages of Duke Most Wanted. Celeste Bradley does a wonderful job at once again bringing to life a set of characters that readers will want to learn more about-- and not just the main characters either. In fact, as much as I enjoyed seeing Graham and Sophie falling for each other, I think the side story of two of the servants, John and Patricia's love was just as entertaining, if only a bit more brief in length.

Althoug...more
Laurie
Lauren
Duke Most Wanted
2 Stars

Synopsis
Sophie Blake is tall, thin and plain. She never thought to marry let alone set her sights on a duke until Graham Cavendish, the only man she has ever felt comfortable around, unexpectedly inherits a title and a mountain of debt with it. Suddenly, Sophie is in the running for the Pickering inheritance and for the man of her dreams.

Review
This series is my first encounter with Celeste Bradley and overall, I'm not impressed. Her plots are simplistic and her characters...more
Abi
Gail
I believe this is the third book in the series. They all take place ALMOST contemporaneously, but not quite. This book is about the last of the curmudgeonly rich old guy's granddaughters who hasn't really come to London to compete in the "nab the Duke" contest. She just wants the chance to enjoy the sights and sounds of London. She's made friends with the two cousins she's never met before, and with a relation on the father's side of one of the cousins. (Is that convoluted enough for you?) He's...more
Crystal
3.5 actually. I debated on giving it a higher score but there was one little thing that was central to this book yet came out of nowhere. And...there was something else that I found...off.

Ok, the previous two books were about cousins. There were three cousins. Their mothers were sisters. Sometimes, if the gene pool is mixed enough, siblings don't look precisely alike but these sisters had a Scottish father. The cousins didn't look alike. Ok, I can sort of understand that but... our h, described...more
Fani
The third and final book in the Heiress Brides series, was a great one for the most part. The ending however, pretty much ruined most of the fun for me since Sophie's character, who seemed the most likable of the heiresses thus far, took a turn for the worse.

Sophie is the third cousin contesting for the Pickering fortune. Sophie however, has no plans to marry a duke and win the money. She is pretty much content with her books, her German fairytales and her friendship with Graham, fourth son of a...more
Elis Madison
Sir Hamish Pickering died a couple generations ago, but not before making a ridiculous will. He somehow had scads of money (dumb must've paid well in those days), and his will settles twiddle on his female descendants and even less than twiddle on the males—unless…

The first female descendant who marries a duke, or marries a guy who eventually becomes a duke, inherits the whole bundle. And if anybody speaks of the terms of the will outside the family, the money goes to pay the fines of smugglers...more
Hinken
Dies ist der 3. und letzte Teil der Trilogie um die Cousinen Phoebe, Deidre und Sophie und das Pickering-Erbe.

In seinem Testament hat der alte Sir Hamish Pickering verfügt, dass sein doch beträchtliches Vermögen an die weibliche Nachkommin geht, die es schafft, sich einen Herzog zu angeln. Begrenzt ist das Ganze auf drei Generationen. Eine weitere Auflage ist außerdem ist absolute Verschwiegenheit.

Sollte es also keiner seiner Urenkelinnen gelingen, einen Herzog zu ehelichen, geht Sir Hamish’s V...more
Kind of quirky and funny as long as you don't take it seriously.

in the book's defense, it is the third in a trilogy, and I have not read the first two. So perhaps it isn't as insanely busy as I think it is, but damn...a lot happened in this book.

There's a convoluted beginning describing a will where a granddaughter has to marry a duke to get the money. Flash forward, two of the three granddaughters are married, and the third (stick thin, tall, glasses, ginger hair, as I imagine all women in the...more
Roberta
I enjoyed this book more than I should have. Grandfather writes a will leaving the bulk of his estate to the first of his three granddaughters to marry a duke. Twenty years later, two of the granddaughters are married, one of those almost sure to get the money by having married someone in line for dukedom. Sophie, the third granddaughter(stick thin, tall, glasses, ginger hair) develops a tendre for her third cousin, who is (of course) a handsome rake who is totally out of her league.

The plots a...more
Bobs (Reader Unbound)
Well, Duke Most Wanted is not the best book I read this year, but still there was something quite charming in it. Especially in Sophie: she was never the most beautiful or elegant lady in ton , but when it comes to her man, things start to get serious. Do you remember the saying : "Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by you again?" That was the exact way Sophie behaved: she understood that Graham did not get from the start that they were perfect for each other, she worked hard...more
Ifigenia
En el que se verá la historia de La Cenicienta trasladada al mundo real, con Lementeur como hada madrina particular.

Es un libro sencillo, pero que me ha hecho reír, mención especial a Meggie (esta niña tiene unos puntazos), a Gray y a Sophie por las risas. Me tengo que leer los libros anteriores de la saga, sobre todo el de Deirdre, porque supongo que allí salga bastante Meggie y la niña promete.

Como de costumbre, el final es un happy ending para todo el mundo, vamos, si el gato no se casa, es p...more
L8blmr
I have really enjoyed my spurt of getting reacquainted with this author. This book started with a familiar theme for historical romances - "plain" girl is friend of rake and falls for him; rake becomes heir to a title; someone transforms plain girl so rake notices, but now he needs money; and so on. However, a nice little curve ball was thrown in that took the tale in yet another direction before reaching its inevitable HEA.

Someday, when I finally finish plowing through my TBRs more or less alph...more
suiyoubi
Ayu Wirdha
Hina
The most appropriate descriptions for this series:

mind numbing
poorly thought out, over dramatic, plot twists
patched together
1D characters

But if you're looking for a story to snack on during those busy times when you need something to sustain you, but don't have time for full-on juicy meals of mouthwatering, hearty novel-fare; this is DEFINITELY the series for you to munch on.

Lucky for me, that is exactly what I wanted... and exactly what I received. Hence the 3 stars. This story WOULD have gotte...more
Ann
The writing was quite captivating. And the characters were likeable and easy to root for. It's just the plot was about one and a half levels too ridiculous. If they'd left out Sophie's "dark secret" I would have given this a four. Without the dark secret I still would have thought the plot was slightly silly, but gone along with it. Instead I shouted 'Oh come ON' and threw the book across the room. There was also too much time spent on the C plot.

I may check out more of Celeste Bradley because...more
Zoe
The first time I read it, I liked it. This time, I realize the villains aren't so well-developed and the transition from friends-to-lovers is so formulaic.

There's really not much character development here.

And you're never truly given hints of Sophie's true identity until you're more than three-quarters into the story.
Sol  Gonzalez
Tercer libro de vacaciones y confieso que uno de los mas ridículos romances que he leído.

Este tuvo la particularidad de ir añadiendo obstáculos en el momento en que la trama se solucionaba, y bien fácilmente podría ser convertido en telenovela de tan ridículos escenarios. Primero un concurso por la caza de un duque, un heredero que de un plumazo se vuelve duque, un patito feo en princesa, de repente un ladrón, un secuestro, una casa en ruinas, una hija que no es hija y mas etc.s de los que pued...more
Kassi
I enjoy learning about England and their customs during this time period. A time when one had to present oneself to society in order to find a suitable husband or wife. Of course you have to champion those that married for love and not only for money or title at the time.
I breezed through this book in just a couple of days. It was a light, easy read. A sweet romance with an interesting twist at the end. I'm impressed with the twist that Celeste Bradley throws in... Not one to be assumed in most...more
Nisha
Aug 03, 2009 Nisha rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: lovers of comedic regency romance
Cute story with a crazy little twist at the end. I didn't expect it and I first thought that it would be detracting. Obviously, I was wrong. Still, the twist caused some issues for me in believing Sophie's character and upbringing.

I actually like the friends to lovers theme, so I really enjoyed this book. It would have been perfect, if it wasn't for that twist. The characters from the previous books make a nice reappearance. The humor was well delivered. I catch myself repeating lines out loud,...more
Melissa
This was a good story, a bit of an unexpected twist at the end but it all turned out to be a happy ending.... my favorite!
Carito Cárdenas guevara
definitivamente fue el mejor de los tres libros, me gustó mucho
Tressa
The first part of the story did capture my interest. Unfortunately, my interest waned as the story continued. The heroine and hero did have qualities that I like in characters. I felt that those qualities fell to the wayside as the book progressed. Then, there was a preposterous twist. I think as the story continued, the primary and secondary characters became asynchronous for the time period.
Cathiecaffey
This is the last book of a wonderful trilogy! Each time I finish one of Celeste Bradley's books, I need to read another! I loved reading the Trilogy one after another. This author's humorous writing voice is beautiful and fun to read. The romance with the h/h is so passionate and romantic. Perfect read!
April
A delicious Regency read!! Engaging characters and an entertaining plot line. Nice amount of steam to keep the story popping!

They really are quite a pair! Sophie was easily my fav of the cousins!!

I love a lively historical with all the pomp and circumstance! Really enjoyable read!

A fun series.
Goodreads Librari...: Please combine 2 13 Dec 01, 2013 05:27PM
Duke most wanted review 1 22 Apr 27, 2008 04:17PM
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • The Romantic (Seducers #5)
  • Seduction of a Proper Gentleman (Last Man Standing, #4)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • Tempted All Night (Neville Family #4)
  • The Earl Claims His Wife (Scandals and Seductions, #2)
  • Someday My Prince (Princess, #2)
  • Dukes to the Left of Me, Princes to the Right (Impossible Bachelors, #2)
  • Sins of a Duke (Griffin Family, #4)
  • The Bachelor Trap (Trap, #2)
  • Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4)
  • His Captive Lady (Devil Riders, #2)
  • The Ruthless Charmer (Rogues of Regent Street, # 2)
  • Scandalous Love (deWarenne Dynasty -Publication Order, #2)
  • Stealing the Bride (Danvers, #2)
  • A Notorious Proposition (Winter Garden #3)
  • A Wicked Gentleman (Cavendish Square, #1)
Celeste Bradley is the author of Fallen, which was nominated for a RITA in 2002, and The Pretender, the first book in the Liars series. According to Bradley, the best thing about writing is that she finally gets to use the brain full of trivia she's collected over a lifetime of living in eight states, residing in over twenty homes, and changing her major five times. "It was research for my writing...more
More about Celeste Bradley...
The Pretender (Liar's Club, #1) To Wed a Scandalous Spy (Royal Four, #1) Desperately Seeking a Duke (Heiress Brides, #1) The Spy (Liar's Club #3) The Impostor (Liar's Club, #2)