Start by marking “Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)” as Want to Read:
Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)

Tyler's Cowboy (Cowboy Lovin' #1)

Book one in the Cowboy Lovin' Series When Tyler runs to his injured brother s side, he doesn t know it s his brother s partner that will take all his attention.Tyler has three problems. His brother, Baron, was injured, his job sucks and Baron s straight partner, Cody, is the hottest piece of ass he s seen in a long time.When jealousy lifts its ugly head, Tyler learns that ...more
Published March 28th 2011 by Total-E-Bound Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Tyler's Cowboy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler's Cowboy

Hot Head by Damon SuedeBear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. KluneThe Locker Room by Amy LaneDivide & Conquer by Abigail RouxBetween Sinners and Saints by Marie Sexton
Best M/M Romance Published in 2011
159th out of 506 books — 1,022 voters
Shock & Awe by Abigail RouxMuscling Through by J.L. MerrowAmong the Living by Jordan Castillo PriceSock it to Me, Santa! by Madison  ParkerThe Lion and the Crow by Eli Easton
M/M Romance Short Stories and Novellas
280th out of 319 books — 70 voters

More lists with this book...

Nerine Petros
Apr 03, 2011 Nerine Petros rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Tyler's Cowboy is a cute tale of the one you never knew you wanted till he was right there in front of you. Cody was attracted to women, so when his business partner's brother, Tyler, visits, Cody is shocked to find himself lusting after the cute little man. Set on Cody and Baron's ranch, there are more cowboys in this novella than you can poke a stick at, and the lot of them have their hearts set on Tyler's cooking and a touch of matchmaking.

Tyler will join the ranks of characters I love. Smart
Mandy*reads obsessively*
2.5*
I know what kind of books I get when I read an Amber Kell book, but this one was almost too much for me.
I think Cody wasn't worried about being gay, because he treated Tyler like a girl.
(view spoiler)
Meggie
Apr 01, 2011 Meggie rated it did not like it
This story was just to fast, easy and feminine for my taste. This first glance love was just to la la, sure, it didn't even feel right. I really think, this story was waste of time.
Maya
Mar 30, 2011 Maya rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, amber-kell
3.5 It was a little too fast, and Cody was just... I don't know...too insecure for my image of a tough cowboy.
Buda
Jan 30, 2014 Buda rated it it was ok
Rating: 2.75 out of 5 stars

Summary Review: A simple, sweet story of a straight cowboy falling for his business partner’s little brother is marred by melodrama, unrealistic scenes and a too-short timeline.

The Review:

Tyler Remington, a chef in New York City, gets a call from his brother Baron’s business partner, Cody Stark, telling him that Baron is in the hospital and the situation is serious. Quitting the job he hates, Tyler rushes home to care for his brother and mend his newly broken heart. It
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
“A well-run kitchen was sort of like the military.”

Tyler Remington always wanted to be a chef but putting up with a hateful head chef was proving more than he could take. When he receives a call that his older brother was in an accident Tyler quit his job as a sous chef to be at his side. Cody Stark knew his business partner had a little brother but what he didn’t know was the drastic change his life would take when said brother walked into the hospital room.

This was my first book by Amber Kel
Honey
Apr 17, 2011 Honey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sweet-as-sin, cowboys
Tyler is a chef from a big city who is called to his brother's ranch when his business partner tells him his brother has had an accident. Quitting his job, he runs to his brother's side and as a result has to deal with a boyfriend who just dumped him for a woman, a rugged cowboy who pushes all his buttons, his brother's amnesia and a bunch of well-meaning cowboys with an agenda.

I loved each and every character. Tyler was shy and easygoing and was very clear about what he wanted. As beautiful as
Julesmarie
Sep 16, 2012 Julesmarie rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m, gfy-ofy
I do know what to expect when reading an Amber Kell book, but this one crossed the line to ridiculous early in the story.

The cowboy gfy plot had my attention from when I first read the blurb, but the potential was just not reached. Cody wasn't believable as a tough manly-man cowboy, and his angst over being attracted to another man was glossed over enough to make this not even feel like a gfy story.

Tyler's character felt inconsistent, as he leaves his boyfriend who's just announced he's getting
Asteropê
2.5-ish?
The problem with the story was it was too short to give any realistic progress of their relationship. Since a HEA is preferred to a HFN, things had to be sped up. In this case, it was insanely fast -- I think they only knew each other for 2-4 days and BAM! they were in love. The Insta-love was heavy in this one. I can forgive this more-so with supernatural characters and the mate concept, with the whole made-for-you, soul mate thing, but with humans? It just seems silly. I think if the b
Deb
One and half stars. Even though this is a short work, I only managed to force myself though a third of it before giving up. It has that awkward, forced, too sweet style that just makes me cringe. This is the kind of story where the supposedly straight macho cowboy can't keep his hands off of the cute gay guy, constantly hugging him and calling him "baby". Interior monologues consist mainly of restating the obvious, like "can't keep his hand off him" and then proceeding to not keep his hands off ...more
Suze
Feb 26, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won on Amber's blog in her May flower comp
A light, easy read. Tyler (a chef) comes to his brothers ranch after bro has an accident. Cody, his brothers business partner falls hard for Tyler. Not sure I fully believed Cody's character - seemed to go from tough rancher to 'baby'/'honey' gay man very quickly. This was a short read so that always curtails how much detail an author includes but I would have enjoyed reading more detail behind the characters in a longer read.
Dee
May 24, 2014 Dee rated it liked it
This was a short, sweet GFY, minimal conflict, lots of sex, a fast easy read. Not much more to say really. I will mention I preferred it to quite a few of Miss Kell's more recent stories. Now to book 2 Robert's Rancher Cowboy Lovin' 2.
Phaney
Apr 19, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
2011 Review:

Ah, that was really very sweet. Some of grammar/copy-editing issues but it wasn’t that awful. Overall I just really enjoyed the ride and the sweetness of the story.

I like this author’s style. It’s oddly no-nonsense and yet still emotionally appealing. Good fluff!
Blackravens Reviews
Apr 29, 2011 Blackravens Reviews rated it really liked it
Tyler’s Cowboy is a well written novella with interesting and refreshing twists and turns. Amber Kell has an engaging writing style that easily draws the reader into the story. To read the rest of this review, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Tj
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2013
I did like the story but it was unrealistic. The two fall for each other fast and never really talk. Cody was portrayed as a straight alpha male but he doesn't have much angst over his attraction to Tyler and he all weepy over it. The story would have been better longer with a bit more conflict.
Rachel
Mar 31, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
I kinda wavered between 3 and 4 stars, but I'd say it's closer to 3. I enjoyed the beginning of the story, but I do agree with the person who said they thought the ending came up kinda quick. I would read the next story in the series. I always enjoy stories from Amber Kell!
LauraZu
Aug 26, 2013 LauraZu rated it liked it
I feel like everything happened too fast. I mean, if you're going to have the main characters fall in love so quickly make them connect quickly. But you can't fall for someone you don't even talk to. Still cute shortie story. Romance scene normal, average.
Kobie
Nov 07, 2013 Kobie rated it really liked it
novella, which usually is a no-go for me, but I enjoyed this..i did want more character development and plot that novel would have.
Erin
2.75 stars. A cute story about chef Tyler, his brother Baron, and Baron's ranch partner and best friend Cody. Wish it had been a bit longer though to develop the story and characters a bit more.
Eyre
Nov 11, 2013 Eyre rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, lgbtqia
This is a gay-for-you story that had a lot of potential, but the relationship was too hurried. I'd love to see this story expanded.
Chris Weg
Apr 16, 2012 Chris Weg rated it really liked it
Shelves: cowboy
Like all Amber Kell books, the story was too short. She makes these amazing plots, but never really expands on them like she should. That is my only problem.
Dutchgirl
Short instant love story. Great if you want to read a cute/quick read. All characters in the book are very likeable.
Karel
Dec 18, 2012 Karel rated it did not like it
In conclusion, Cody is an insecure pregnant woman that insults pregnant women with his existence, and has an identity like a dice. Roll it tomorrow, and he'll be a lesbian instead.

Awful.
Tana
Apr 06, 2011 Tana rated it it was ok
I am not sure what to say about this book, my problem with it was it went to fast and was a bit unrealistic to me.
Olivia
Mar 13, 2012 Olivia rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt, ebook
One of Kell's better books. I really liked the characters and there were cowboys. As always... it needed to be longer and more developed.
Alina Neacşu
Jan 17, 2015 Alina Neacşu rated it really liked it
"“Now, you’re mine.”
In front of everyone, the cowboy kissed Tyler senseless, removing any doubts from his mind."
My Dichotomy Life
Insta-love GFY story about a cowboy and his business partner's city chef brother.

Glaring mistakes in the storylines it could have been so much better with a little more effort.
Kandace Padilla
Kandace Padilla rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
Jenni
Jenni rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2013
mado
mado rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2011
  • Reining in the Past (Saddle Up and Ride, #1)
  • A Subtle Breeze (Southern Spirits, #1)
  • Duncan's World
  • When the Bluebird Calls (Heart of the Mountain, #1)
  • Cowboy Keeper (Blaecleah Brothers #2)
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • Texas Surrender
  • Nathaniel (Sylvan, #3)
  • A Shared Range (Range, #1)
  • Earth and Sky (Clouds and Rain #2)
Amber Kell has made a career out of daydreaming. It has been a lifelong habit she practices diligently as shown by her complete lack of focus on anything not related to her fantasy world building.

When she told her husband what she wanted to do with her life he told her to go have fun.

During those seconds she isn't writing she remembers she has children who humor her with games of 'what if' and let
More about Amber Kell...

Cowboy Lovin' (2 books)
  • Robert's Rancher (Cowboy Lovin' #2)