Start by marking “Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting on with the Great Life God Intends” as Want to Read:
Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting on with the Great Life God Intends

Big Girls Don't Whine: Getting on with the Great Life God Intends

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  90 ratings  ·  10 reviews
No one wants to be labeled a whiner, but many of us go through life with a "poor me," victim mentality that sounds a whole lot like whining. God never intended for us to act like "little girls," says Jan Silvious. His goal is for each of us to live as "big girls"-mature Christian women-who are capable of enjoying the richness of life He has planned.

In Big Girls Don't Whine
Published December 31st 2003 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Big Girls Don't Whine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Big Girls Don't Whine

Lorena Walker
I don't why but a lot of the times this book was annoying to me-I guess the repetitiveness of the word "big girl." I do agree with a lot of what the author saids but I think the author needs to understand that its okay sometimes to not be a big girl. You can not always stay completely strong-sometimes you have to cry and let out your frustrations-noone should expect you to be perfect-not even God does. Anyway, i read ALMOST the whole thing but I think I had enough of the big girl stuff!
Carla Still
This has been a wonderful book to digest. The comparisons between the Little Girls and the Big Girls help me identify where I am in the growing into the Big Girl process. Jan Silvious shares many insights of her journey and communicates clearly how we should behave to be a Big Girl. This both was both encouraging and challenging. She addresses issues that face both Little and Big Girls.
Patti Kimzey-bojorquez

This is one of my favorite books of all time! Jan Silvious is a master at getting the point across without preaching at us. She makes her point well. Through her personal experiences, she teaches us to be better wives, Moms, sisters, daughters and friends by helping us to be Big girls when things don't always go our way. I think this is a must read for young women everywhere.
Dot
Loved this book! It has discussion questions at the back for a deeper study. Lots of great "reality checks, Biblical truths and encouraging "Big Girl Truth to Live By" boxes through out. My favorite and probably toughest one to digest was, on page 13, "Until you take responsibility for yourself, you cannot become all God hopes you will be."
Rachal T
The author gave a lot of examples of the growing process from a little girl to a big girl. Most of which I could not relate to on a personal level in my twenties. There was value in the broader examples and friendship level of examples how big girls can inspire those around them.
Leslie
I felt this had a good amount of basic information for acting like an adult and letting go of childish behavior. What I did not like as much was the choice of using paraphrases for the Biblical quotes instead of translations: almost all from The Message and The Amplified Bible.
Meaghan
Fun book to read with a group. Not sure if I would stick to it on my own though. I finished this book and it is very much worth reading. Still doing group meet ups on it,so I am excited to talk it over with my group.
Bri
What HAVEN'T I learned from this book? I keep rereading it, in hopes that I will keep getting closer to maturity and being a real "big girl!" Because, let's face it, I still whine . . . quite often . . .
T
There was a lot of information to digest in this book. Surely every Christian woman would benefit from reading it.
Cindy Lofgren
Some chapters very relevant. A good read and made for good discussions in my moms group.
Lisa
Sep 01, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Life
S. Maddox
S. Maddox is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2015
Darleen
Darleen marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Melinda Pollard
Melinda Pollard is currently reading it
Sep 06, 2014
Rachel Lawrence
Rachel Lawrence marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2014
Beverly Zearley
Beverly Zearley marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Sarah Cobler
Sarah Cobler marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Katherine Rowland
Katherine Rowland marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Foolproofing Your Life: Wisdom for Untangling Your Most Difficult Relationships Same Life, New Story: Change Your Perspective to Change Your Life Smart Girls Think Twice: Making Wise Choices When It Counts Please Don't Say You Need Me: Biblical Answers for Codependency Look at It This Way: Straightforward Wisdom to Put Life in Perspective